Class of 2020 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
@fredandcessna Thanks... I used to have a goat named Cessna. Wanna find me some Nubian semen so I can make a way too last minute breeding on my doe?:)

@sarakittykat I hope so, and most of the time think so. Wanna trim some bunny toe nails and help rebuild a hutch?

(Actually, the more pressing things are bills, insurance... adulting things, but I'll hand out all the fun stuff to y'all :D)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
@fredandcessna Thanks... I used to have a goat named Cessna. Wanna find me some Nubian semen so I can make a way too last minute breeding on my doe?:)

@sarakittykat I hope so, and most of the time think so. Wanna trim some bunny toe nails and help rebuild a hutch?

(Actually, the more pressing things are bills, insurance... adulting things, but I'll hand out all the fun stuff to y'all :D)
Just out of curiosity, how many animals do you have?

Members don't see this ad :)
Did someone say bunny toenails? Mine needs his clipped.... But nobody will hold him for me to do them :(

Just out of curiosity, how many animals do you have?
I sold most of the farm off when we moved in August. I sold 18 goats, 70+ birds (chickens, ducks, turkeys, guineas), and 2 horses. I'm left with 2 American Nubian does, a Brown Swiss heifer, 4 rabbits, 5 chickens, 3 cats, 17 fish and 2 snails, 2 kids and a husband. Plus a vacant dog spot since we haven't replaced our Mastiff mix yet.

Did someone say bunny toenails? Mine needs his clipped.... But nobody will hold him for me to do them :(
Where do you live? Somebody here has to be close... but I just trained mine (mostly, not the evil white Alice) to lay on their back or to just sit still while you do 1 foot at a time. (Except Alice... attack rabbit)

I sold most of the farm off when we moved in August. I sold 18 goats, 70+ birds (chickens, ducks, turkeys, guineas), and 2 horses. I'm left with 2 American Nubian does, a Brown Swiss heifer, 4 rabbits, 5 chickens, 3 cats, 17 fish and 2 snails, 2 kids and a husband. Plus a vacant dog spot since we haven't replaced our Mastiff mix yet.
I am surprised you didn't sell the husband and the kids as well. They seem like they would be the most work out of that group :p

Reactions: 3 users
Actually, thought about it a bit more. With your title... let's go with: Go round pen my heifer. She needs more ground work before I chuck the bareback pad on her. Or I need to find and fit a harness. Either way, poor thing is getting ignored right now and it's turning her into a grumpy pocket cow.

:D I would totally round pen your heifer!!! :p

Washington, Purdue, Missouri- I have interviews at each but won't get admission decisions until February.

Oklahoma, NCSU, CSU- don't interview, so I'm just waiting on decisions sometime before March depending on the school.

Omg when did you interview at Missouri??! I feel like maybe I met you?

Just finished my first interview... I have one more to go. I like the program a lot, I hope they feel the same way about me. The whole 30 min was a blur, so I don't even remember what I said! It was all so fast.

Reactions: 5 users
Just finished my first interview... I have one more to go. I like the program a lot, I hope they feel the same way about me. The whole 30 min was a blur, so I don't even remember what I said! It was all so fast.
Where were you interviewing today? :)

Accepted!

I have received my acceptance into Mizzou (OOS) and I am extremely excited that I will be going to vet school next year! This is my second year applying, so yes, big accomplishment :)

I am now waiting on the decision from ISU. I interviewed at both school beginning of Dec. (ISU) and beginning of Jan. (MU). Iowa says they will not give IS acceptances until February 14th, but i am very hopeful! (Fingers crossed!)

I am now starting to make the dreaded decision process to prepare for IF i get accepted into ISU. The prices are not very different for me because my permanent address is in Iowa, however in my year off after graduation I have been living in Missouri. So as of July 10th, I can apply for Missouri residency and get IS for MU as well. This makes the price very similar, MU only about 2k higher.

These were definitely the two schools I was hoping for, but I am also waiting for a decision from Wisconsin. They do not do interviews, so I have no idea where I lie in that process. Not that it matters, I would not personally chose them over the other two.

Last edited:
How early do you think we can start a "how you doin" thread for our class?

I mean, a lot of people already have been accepted to schools but not committed. I've never really looked at those threads but I just assumed they popped up after everyone started vet school.

The last few years started in Feb.... we all understand you are excited so I personally think it's A-Ok to start one now if you want :)

Reactions: 1 users

d06ec8f226be14c64ef9158a1f635a49.jpg

:p :p

Reactions: 5 users