Class of 2016 hopefuls: how are you doing?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
My stethoscope came today :soexcited:. Can't wait to try them out tonight at work :).

Them? You ordered more than one?

(I'm one to speak - I have two - one for ponies and one for doggies/kitties)

Members don't see this ad.

Them? You ordered more than one?

(I'm one to speak - I have two - one for ponies and one for doggies/kitties)

Nope just one, I think it sounds weird to refer to them in the single tense though, I have issues with calling them stethoscopes too, not quite sure why :oops:.

Nope just one, I think it sounds weird to refer to them in the single tense though, I have issues with calling them stethoscopes too, not quite sure why :oops:.

HaHa I love how noone other than a prevet student would be excited about a stethoscope. Squirrelsrule, you need to tell me how you like that brand! And I have full confidence you'll get into vet school and use it :love:

Members don't see this ad :)
I got to work, super excited even though I don't get along well with and then found out I had to be receptionist :(. I didn't get to try out my new stethoscope :(. The head tech saw it though and commented on how awesome it was. Hopefully I can use them on Wednesday (I have tomorrow off :D). I have used Littman brand at work a lot (that's the brand of the good stethoscope that we have to use) and they are awesome stethoscopes!

for those who took the NEW GRE...scores are posted online now!!!!!!! :D

C/O 2016 hopeful here... Just got a 98 on my advanced animal nutrition exam :) pretty happy about that!

Trying to figure out how I should word the e-mail I send to the schools showing that I am now getting some equine veterinary experience.

.... "ponies are neat, I should know I pet one today." The End.

It was longer and there were extra sections (3 of verbal, 3 of quant). I was there for 4.5 hours. I ran out of time one of the sections. Other than that, I guess I had bad luck. I was getting a ton of complicated questions in areas that didn't even show up on the practice tests I did. I am planning a re-write in January. Not looking forward to it.

Compared to my last test, my verbal went up, quant was the same and writing went down half a point. I do not really define that as "improving". My score last time was average for my vet school apps. I need to do above average if I have any hope at all of getting an interview. Bring it on, GRE.

My brother is getting married tomorrow (woo!) but it means spending four days out of state with family. I'll get home late Sunday night, and this week I have an anatomy exam, an anatomy practical, an organic exam, a project due, and my house is an absolute mess!

How am I ever going to catch up on Walking Dead, American Horror Story, and all the football games I DVR'd?? Oh, the humanity!

Members don't see this ad :)
:laugh: It went something like that. So far I have received e-mails back from 2 schools thanking me for keeping them updated.

I want to play with ponies!! Oh, and hai 2016, I'm (tentatively) a fellow member now. I'm feeling less inclined to defect to grad school so hopeful Tufts crew: HI!!!!!! Best of luck to my fellow 2016ers - I'm glad to finally join the party :hardy: :biglove:

I want to play with ponies!! Oh, and hai 2016, I'm (tentatively) a fellow member now. I'm feeling less inclined to defect to grad school so hopeful Tufts crew: HI!!!!!! Best of luck to my fellow 2016ers - I'm glad to finally join the party :hardy: :biglove:

:D:D:D so so happy for you. I knew you could do it!

Today I'm taking a momentary pause from waiting and worrying about applications to note that I have maintained a 50 pound weight loss for six whole months as of today. I am happier, stronger and healthier than ever. Now, if only I could get an interview... :laugh:

Today I'm taking a momentary pause from waiting and worrying about applications to note that I have maintained a 50 pound weight loss for six whole months as of today. I am happier, stronger and healthier than ever. Now, if only I could get an interview... :laugh:

Then you could totally go interview clothes shopping with a huge grin on your face!!! Congrats!

Nothing can boost one's mood like needed weight loss (just as nothing can destroy you as soundly in the gaining of that weight.....) :thumbup: You're awesome - just maintain confidence and you'll have to fight off those interviews with a stick!

Then you could totally go interview clothes shopping with a huge grin on your face!!! Congrats!

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: Totes agree. One must take advantage of such a fortuitous occasion.

Hey gang! I know acceptances, interviews (and the least favorite, rejections) are starting to head to almost full-swing. I know a few of you are neck deep already, having interviewed this past weekend (won't mention any names specifically....;)) Here's a small message of love to hopefully help soothe any already fraying nerves (I know some might be saying, "It's easy for you, you have a pretty acceptance!" But, it wasn't too long ago that I wanted to smash acceptance with a hammer and toss the refuse into the nearest waste bin:

Dear anxious 2016:
Applications are sent (mostly 'cept if you're from like out of the country....such as the distant land of Canada;) at least, I think that's accurate). You're wringing your hands about that one essay that you procrastinated with and wrote about fluffy unicorns instead of what you really wanted to or about that one B+ you got in that class (mine was a B- in 2 separate classes - the horror:scared: for a perfectionist). People are posting in various threads and you're trying to be happy if you aren't one of those, elated if you are one of the few:thumbup: Take some time now to pat yourself on the back - maybe even hug yourself - cause you ALREADY made it this far. That's pretty cool (I dunno if I could make myself re-apply and do VMCAS/take the GREs/ask for letters/etc. for the 2nd time let alone more. Those who did - you're twice/thrice/to whatever degree of awesome).

First, to those who interviewed already and are on pins and needles for at least a month: find a new hobby beside stalking the "accepted" thread. You'll save yourself some unneeded anxiety and ulcers.

Next, to those who have interviews scheduled: Stop stalking the accepted thread and do something fun like foster a new talent you always wished you had.

Third, to those who haven't applied to schools who do early interviews: get off those pins & needles now or you're in for a long sit (I was here last year but I avoided temptation of SDN and focused on getting an awesome GPA for my 2nd to last semester until about after Thanksgiving when I really started to freak. My 21 credits couldn't even save me....) Follow above advice and avoid stalking the interviews thread if you can.

Show yourself a little bit of love and relaxation. Cause once you're accepted and in the neck of things in vet school this time next year, you'll wish you had (or so I've been told;)).

Hang tough, 2016. I'm as nervous as the rest of you (cause I've got so much hope invested in all of us!):xf:
:biglove::luck:Hugs to all :biglove::luck:

Hey gang! I know acceptances, interviews (and the least favorite, rejections) are starting to head to almost full-swing. I know a few of you are neck deep already, having interviewed this past weekend (won't mention any names specifically....;)) Here's a small message of love to hopefully help soothe any already fraying nerves (I know some might be saying, "It's easy for you, you have a pretty acceptance!" But, it wasn't too long ago that I wanted to smash acceptance with a hammer and toss the refuse into the nearest waste bin:

Dear anxious 2016:
Applications are sent (mostly 'cept if you're from like out of the country....such as the distant land of Canada;) at least, I think that's accurate). You're wringing your hands about that one essay that you procrastinated with and wrote about fluffy unicorns instead of what you really wanted to or about that one B+ you got in that class (mine was a B- in 2 separate classes - the horror:scared: for a perfectionist). People are posting in various threads and you're trying to be happy if you aren't one of those, elated if you are one of the few:thumbup: Take some time now to pat yourself on the back - maybe even hug yourself - cause you ALREADY made it this far. That's pretty cool (I dunno if I could make myself re-apply and do VMCAS/take the GREs/ask for letters/etc. for the 2nd time let alone more. Those who did - you're twice/thrice/to whatever degree of awesome).

First, to those who interviewed already and are on pins and needles for at least a month: find a new hobby beside stalking the "accepted" thread. You'll save yourself some unneeded anxiety and ulcers.

Next, to those who have interviews scheduled: Stop stalking the accepted thread and do something fun like foster a new talent you always wished you had.

Third, to those who haven't applied to schools who do early interviews: get off those pins & needles now or you're in for a long sit (I was here last year but I avoided temptation of SDN and focused on getting an awesome GPA for my 2nd to last semester until about after Thanksgiving when I really started to freak. My 21 credits couldn't even save me....) Follow above advice and avoid stalking the interviews thread if you can.

Show yourself a little bit of love and relaxation. Cause once you're accepted and in the neck of things in vet school this time next year, you'll wish you had (or so I've been told;)).

Hang tough, 2016. I'm as nervous as the rest of you (cause I've got so much hope invested in all of us!):xf:
:biglove::luck:Hugs to all :biglove:

This is a super sweet sentiment. Thanks Kaydubs!!!!!:love:
I am in the waiting for the early interview pile, and YES when I'm at work I'm constantly checking SDN's interview list (so much my phone died at 4 pm). I'll try to do as you say

kaydubs, you are oh so sweet. where are you already accepted??

kaydubs, you are oh so sweet. where are you already accepted??

Aw thanks :) I took a one year deferment from Tufts, so I'll be Tufts 2016. ....am I supposed to post that in the 2016 thread of acceptances? I mean, I am set on going but I technically was in 2015 so....:confused: [ALSO: I do not want to cause mass panic from my fellow 2016 Tuft hopefuls. If I post an acceptance, they might experience heart palpitations and nuclear meltdowns so.....I'll wait :D]

I already decided my new talent might be ACTUALLY learning to meditate and doing mental strengthening. I know next year may try and annihilate me and depression may try poking its' stick-like stump fingers at me when I'm at my worst next year, so I'm adopting a new outlook of loving the universe (and everyone/everything in it). It's hard to not let go of the bad when you're filled up on good, ya know???

I was addicted to SDN last year in a bad way. Now, I'm adopting a happy medium :laugh:

Last edited:
:thumbup:
Aw thanks :) I took a one year deferment from Tufts, so I'll be Tufts 2016. ....am I supposed to post that in the 2016 thread of acceptances? I mean, I am set on going but I technically was in 2015 so....:confused: [ALSO: I do not want to cause mass panic from my fellow 2016 Tuft hopefuls. If I post an acceptance, they might experience heart palpitations and nuclear meltdowns so.....I'll wait :D]

I already decided my new talent might be ACTUALLY learning to meditate and doing mental strengthening. I know next year may try and annihilate me and depression may try poking its' stick-like stump fingers at me when I'm at my worst next year, so I'm adopting a new outlook of loving the universe (and everyone/everything in it). It's hard to not let go of the bad when you're filled up on good, ya know???

I was addicted to SDN last year in a bad way. Now, I'm adopting a happy medium :laugh:

I would absolutely post in acceptances, because you are technically class of 2016. I would just put parentheses, "I deferred last year, so don't have a heart attack, fellow Tuft applicants! Keep patiently waiting!" or something like that. Why did you feel like you needed to defer? Just curious. :p

You're too sweet Kaydubs :love:. Thanks for the words of encouragement and hope! We will all get through this.

You're too sweet Kaydubs :love:. Thanks for the words of encouragement and hope! We will all get through this.
Aw, squirrels, the feeling's mutual :biglove: Hey, I got through it with 2015 last year and I freaked out more than necessary. I can only speak from the wise seat of wisdom knowing we will all make it out okay. Perhaps emotionally scarred but relatively unharmed ;)
:thumbup:

I would absolutely post in acceptances, because you are technically class of 2016. I would just put parentheses, "I deferred last year, so don't have a heart attack, fellow Tuft applicants! Keep patiently waiting!" or something like that. Why did you feel like you needed to defer? Just curious. :p

I'll wait a bit til the people start posting interviews for Tufts. I'd rather skate under the radar for now (and any Tufts-ees that read my post on here will know!) Don't want to freak anyone out - I'll wait til January for that ;) For the more extensive reason - you could check out the "Vet student turned...vet student" thread. (You should look at it anyway, it's a good distraction from panicking!) For the sparknotes: I was overly burnt-out from school in general. I deserved a year to get my priorities straight (and trust me, it was hard. For almost 6 months months, I fell off the bandwagon. It was the longest 6 months, believe you me!)

"Nuclear meltdowns" ... I love it!
Your kind words of encouragement make me happy! Thank you!! :love:

Interview to Iowa! :0) Very excited.. trying to figure out the financial aspects of this interview.. flying in is going to be near $650 alone- any suggestions?

Interview to Iowa! :0) Very excited.. trying to figure out the financial aspects of this interview.. flying in is going to be near $650 alone- any suggestions?

Not sure how many schools you applied to but my only suggestion is "get used to it" lol. I was shocked at the cost for my interview as well... I thought the 12 applications were expensive, never even thought about traveling! :scared: What I did was find flights at nearby airports that were cheaper, offered to split hotels with people (no one took me up on it lol) and pack a loaf of bread and some peanut butter. There are ways to lessen the cost, but not by much. My best advice is to brace yourself for it... this is an expensive process with no promises. But hopefully it will be "a drop in the hat" as many say, compared to the cost of our :xf:tuition this fall :xf::D