Class of 2013!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
yeah.. i didnt fail because i didnt understand the material.. my head was just in totally the wrong place with family concerns that took over for 2 weeks...
hang in there ar

Members don't see this ad.

Bumpity-bumpity-bumpity-bump

Gross test tommorrow. Feels like the calm before the storm. Hard to believe it is 3/4 of the way over!!!

Anyone else realllly excited for thanksgiving break?

Members don't see this ad :)

Gross test tommorrow. Feels like the calm before the storm. Hard to believe it is 3/4 of the way over!!!

meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :cool:

sigh... i failed my first exam.. in freaking biochem.. worst case scenario: makeup over winter break...
but maybe if i kick the next biochem exam's ass then they'll be nice to me? maybe?

Don't cry. I royally failed one myself. In freaking biochem. HATE biochem.

Thankfully, I DID kick the next one's ass and it's looking like I'll escape Nebraska (inside joke, that's the #1 locale where remedial classes are this summer so we always tell each other we're going to spend the summer in nebraska..)

VERY excited. Even though it's just 2 days, followed by a $hit load of tests the following week.

we just went through about 75% of my undergrad biochem course in 3 hours . . .

the speed of medical school never ceases to amaze me :cool:

we just went through about 75% of my undergrad biochem course in 3 hours . . .

the speed of medical school never ceases to amaze me :cool:

I remember this in September. I am sooooooooooo glad biochem is over.

I'm glad we had that osteopathic moment on facebook Raaska. That was special :D.

ahhhhhhh....Cellular and Molcular Basis of Disease coming up this monday and them Immunology in Health and Disease on Wed.!!! :scared::scared::scared:

The first is worth 40% of my grade and the latter is worth 66% of my grade. I swear I am going balls to the walls b/c I DO NOT want to be stuck here in the summer. That would SUCK...and it would keep me from getting hooked up with a phat research position in an Ortho lab!!!!

Tomorrow: Studying at UCSD-Scripps Oceanography Institute Library...It over looks the ocean! :love:

Enjoy the cold weather guys...:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
Just slayed my gross practical. holy cow.

Have fun in that awesome library riceman, sounds pretty amazing. just a little distracting too :)

I'm glad we had that osteopathic moment on facebook Raaska. That was special :D.
Special indeed! ;)

If I could get graded on finding ways to be distracted-I would totally ace it. I turned off facebook chat, gchat, went to the library, and still somehow didn't get stuff done :oops:
ahhhhhhh....Cellular and Molcular Basis of Disease coming up this monday and them Immunology in Health and Disease on Wed.!!! :scared::scared:

The first is worth 40% of my grade and the latter is worth 66% of my grade. I swear I am going balls to the walls b/c I DO NOT want to be stuck here in the summer. That would SUCK...and it would keep me from getting hooked up with a phat research position in an Ortho lab!!!!

Tomorrow: Studying at UCSD-Scripps Oceanography Institute Library...It over looks the ocean! :love:

Enjoy the cold weather guys...:laugh::laugh:
Good luck, you'll be great!

And you also suck-even though it's really not that cold, I just sort of don't know what to do with myself when it goes below 60 degrees :(

I made it through 3 1/2 months of medschool without being extraordinarily sick... until yesterday.

I felt feverish all day, came home, checked my temp and it was 100. As the night wore on, my throat got worse and worse. I started the morning in student health- and guess what? It's strep. Of course, the pediatrician-in-training would have her first case of strep throat since, oh, 2nd grade?
Benefits to being a med student: No waiting to see a doctor, and meds-on-demand (got my antibiotics and throat coat before I ever left her office), and I was in class before it started.

However, I do have strep so I'm feeling a BIT icky :laugh:. May stay home tomorrow, I don't have any req'ds

I made it through 3 1/2 months of medschool without being extraordinarily sick... until yesterday.

I felt feverish all day, came home, checked my temp and it was 100. As the night wore on, my throat got worse and worse. I started the morning in student health- and guess what? It's strep. Of course, the pediatrician-in-training would have her first case of strep throat since, oh, 2nd grade?
Benefits to being a med student: No waiting to see a doctor, and meds-on-demand (got my antibiotics and throat coat before I ever left her office), and I was in class before it started.

However, I do have strep so I'm feeling a BIT icky :laugh:. May stay home tomorrow, I don't have any req'ds

STAY HOME!!

Feel better too :oops:

Special indeed! ;)

If I could get graded on finding ways to be distracted-I would totally ace it. I turned off facebook chat, gchat, went to the library, and still somehow didn't get stuff done :oops:

oh you. I'm sure you got a least something done.

PS what is your avatar? I've been meaning to ask

Congrats dude!

Don't cry. I royally failed one myself. In freaking biochem. HATE biochem.

Thankfully, I DID kick the next one's ass and it's looking like I'll escape Nebraska (inside joke, that's the #1 locale where remedial classes are this summer so we always tell each other we're going to spend the summer in nebraska..)

thanks for the support guys...
yeah this was in biochem.. another biochem one on tuesday on amino acids and nucleotides and cholesterol and i hope to really rock out.

anatomy lab orientation tomorrow!! we start in december :)

thanks for the support guys...
yeah this was in biochem.. another biochem one on tuesday on amino acids and nucleotides and cholesterol and i hope to really rock out.

anatomy lab orientation tomorrow!! we start in december :)

We have our AA metabolism test on Wed. Funnnn times.

Good luck with lab orientation... I'm glad to be looking at the end of it myself. I love anatomy, there just aren't enough hours in the day to study it and learn it all. It'll be nice to have a lighter schedule.
Here, 2nd semester is waaaay better than first. 28 days!!

Feeling so-so. Had a pretty crappy morning, ended up with a TON of congestion, and pretty much a full-fledged cold. It's slightly better than it was this morning thankfully.

Didn't get a lot of studying done, so I'll be doing that this evening. Fun times.

bump bump... y r we still in pre-allo

...AND cause allo is boring, people take themselves way too seriously on that forum. Pre-allo makes me laugh (more at them than with them, granted, but I'll take whatever I can get at this point!).

We have a massively massive exam on wednesday- cardiac, respiratory, and lymphatic systems- anatomy, physiology, histology and embryology. We have a 3 hour practical followed by a 4 hour written. Worth 20% of our grade, so it won't be the end of the universe if I bomb it, but I'd really like to not have to freak out all semester because I have to play catch-up.

Last year, 15 people failed this class, in a class of 100. Considering the fact that our exam averages in biochem were usually in the upper 80s and lower 90s, having 15 people fail a class here is absolutely insane. So all they've been doing is scaring us into studying all the time, which I understand is for our own good, but it's made me into this crazy stressed out person. Yesterday I burst into tears in the library out of nowhere. It ain't pretty.

Anyway, back to work for me...:(

...AND cause allo is boring, people take themselves way too seriously on that forum. Pre-allo makes me laugh (more at them than with them, granted, but I'll take whatever I can get at this point!).

We have a massively massive exam on wednesday- cardiac, respiratory, and lymphatic systems- anatomy, physiology, histology and embryology. We have a 3 hour practical followed by a 4 hour written. Worth 20% of our grade, so it won't be the end of the universe if I bomb it, but I'd really like to not have to freak out all semester because I have to play catch-up.

Last year, 15 people failed this class, in a class of 100. Considering the fact that our exam averages in biochem were usually in the upper 80s and lower 90s, having 15 people fail a class here is absolutely insane. So all they've been doing is scaring us into studying all the time, which I understand is for our own good, but it's made me into this crazy stressed out person. Yesterday I burst into tears in the library out of nowhere. It ain't pretty.

Haha I agree... lots of people being even more pretentious in Allo than here :p At least here I can helps people, eh?

:hello: everyone. Sorry I'm never around...

Good lord. I'm glad we break up our exams. Hang in there!

THOUGHT SO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PUNKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I run this town!!!!! :smuggrin::smuggrin::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Hang in there, everybody. Just a few more days 'til Turkey break!

Off to school to study biochem. Joy, joy. Last "regular" test on Wednesday. We'll have a comp exam, then boards before christmas. BRING IT!

26 days....

I haven't cried lately, but Rohen's is a great place to drop some tears. Mine has lots of battle scars. Ha. We're actually between exam-hell times right now. After Thanksgiving should be the most exciting three weeks of my life. :rolleyes:

Aren't social threads prohibited in allo or something?

We're still here because allo doesn't want us and we're too good for The Lounge.

I haven't cried lately, but Rohen's is a great place to drop some tears. Mine has lots of battle scars. Ha. We're actually between exam-hell times right now. After Thanksgiving should be the most exciting three weeks of my life. :rolleyes:

i hear you on that note.... i need to pick up a rohen's.....

Glad to see the thread's still going strong! Also glad everyone is sufficiently overwhelmed-but-coping with med school. :thumbup:

Freaking Cell Bio: Who gives a crap about Rab36...!!!!!!!!!!!!

Freaking Immuno (although I kind of like it): All the freaking caveats..."For Type I hypersensitivty it is IgE mediated...ohhhhhhhh but wait...Type IV (which is a T-cell response...Th1 and Tc) can mediate type II pathway was well...WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

im so glad to be done with immuno for the time being...
im off to go review some COX-1 and COX-2 and prostaglandin synthesis (or is it prostanoid? or something else all together? ) anyone else feel like they dont knwo the actual words for these things when its always PgE2 and PgI?

Heart, respiratory, and lymphatic system exam in 8 hours.

2 hour histo/radiology practical, 2 hour anatomy practical, 4 hour written (histo, anatomy, embryology, physiology).

Today I had 3 separate panic moments, one total hysterical moment when I wrote an email to my dean of students telling him I was quitting (didn't send it, but I saved it), then took a shot of vodka to calm down and went back to work.

It's been a long day, I still have a lot of studying to do, and this was my break. Back to it!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! gobble gobble

thanksgiving_turkey_2.jpg

tryptophan overdose ftw!
I've thoroughly enjoyed pretending med school didn't exist for three days. only I have like 8 tests in the next week and a half including natl boards for gross/embryo.

fml.