Cincinnati MS in Physiology 2012-2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Don't think so, the first score was April 2010 and the second September 2010.

Edit: Did some digging and for anyone interested, this thread starting from Post#29 seems to imply that recently (2010ish) med schools are moving toward averaging all scores:

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=119179

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hey all - I'll be down in Cincinnati this Thursday, Friday, and part of Saturday. If anyone else happens to be down there during that stretch and would like to meet up with a future classmate, let me know and maybe we can arrange to grab a bite.

Any movement on the waiting list going on? When do classes start? Too much waiting going on...

Members don't see this ad :)
Any movement on the waiting list going on? When do classes start? Too much waiting going on...

Orientation is August 8th so classes must start around then. I haven't seen much waitlist movement but a bunch of people were accepted over our heads and there will most likely be more as a few people got in under the wire. I don't expect to be lucky enough to get off the waitlist here or at EVMS my hope is riding on U Tol.

Hey everyone. I am in Cincinnati now looking at apartments. Found a really great 2 bedroom/1 bath for 1250/month which includes a garage space, free street parking, and water. I know it's last minute but wondering if anyone is interested in being roommates? I am a female, 22 from Chicago. The apt is 950 sq ft small but with balcony and everything newly renovated. Not 100% on this apt just seeing if anyone was interested! Pm me!

I don't want to get too specific, but out of the about 26-27 of us who applied this cycle and are completing the program, about 16 are accepted to a medical school right now, with at least few more with a good shot of getting into a school off a waitlist. (EDIT: I just wanted to clarify: If you look at historical stats this is above most previous classes (http://www.med.uc.edu/physiology/MS-success.htm) in acceptance rate for the same year, and I expect we will have more acceptances by the end of the summer. Overall, I have loved the program, and I highly doubt I would have been accepted to medical school without it. The program also has ~95% acceptance rate including the application cycle right after the completion of the program)

Last edited:
Can someone with knowledge of both programs compare and contrast these two?
It seems to me that the standards are lower for RFU in that most people just need B's. What kind of grades do students from UC need to be successful for same year matriculation to medical school? 3.5+? Thanks for your time!

Hi everyone I'm most likely going to do the cinci smp if I dont get off tulane's acp waitlist. 3.6/3.5/33 still on md school waitlists but who knows. Is anyone (male) looking to room together? I want to find housing in a relatively safe area with preferably covered parking.

Last edited:
I am sorry, I can't really say, as I don't know my classmates' grades, but based upon my experience and what I have heard from the admissions office, I would say that performance in the program is certainly a significant factor, though it is not the only factor. The admissions committee still looks at your entire application, but obviously if you show that you can handle the curriculum it will help your chances a great deal.

App submitted on May 26th. Called the office, Jeannie confirmed she got my transcripts, LORs and everything but the online status still says Letter Writers notified and Transcripts have not yet received.:confused: Did this happen to anyone?

Members don't see this ad :)
App submitted on May 26th. Called the office, Jeannie confirmed she got my transcripts, LORs and everything but the online status still says Letter Writers notified and Transcripts have not yet received.:confused: Did this happen to anyone?

Yeah it happened to me . If they say they have it, they have it. Ignore the online status.

waitlisted today, middle/bottom third. Not holding my breath.

Submitted 5/22
2.9c/3.9s
30M

May I ask when did they notify you that your application was complete?

Sent from my Droid sing SDN Mobile

Did you learn that by calling them or seeing the online updates? App submitted 5/26, all materials were in by June 5th, but the online status still shows incomplete :confused:

My friend and I are looking into a three bedroom within walking distance of the medical school. If anyone is interested pls pm me.

Did you learn that by calling them or seeing the online updates? App submitted 5/26, all materials were in by June 5th, but the online status still shows incomplete :confused:

neither, I got an email. my online status never changed.

No news here either. I've been on the WL since 5/25. Has anyone been rejected yet? Doesn't seem like they reject right off the bat.

I am sorry, I can't really say, as I don't know my classmates' grades, but based upon my experience and what I have heard from the admissions office, I would say that performance in the program is certainly a significant factor, though it is not the only factor. The admissions committee still looks at your entire application, but obviously if you show that you can handle the curriculum it will help your chances a great deal.

Thanks for your insight. I guess I"ll just have to cross my fingers and hope for the best this year.

To all those that have committed to Cincy, where are you guys thinking of living? I am looking at apartments right now, and can't tell what is considered safe. Does anybody have any advice?

Thanks for your insight. I guess I"ll just have to cross my fingers and hope for the best this year.

To all those that have committed to Cincy, where are you guys thinking of living? I am looking at apartments right now, and can't tell what is considered safe. Does anybody have any advice?

Collaborators at Cincinnati recommended the gaslight district (approximately west of the medical campus on Ludlow), which is where I will be living. It is more expensive but it seems to be the best in terms of walkability to campus, food, etc... and is probably the safest area in close proximity to the medical campus. Hope that helps narrow down your search a bit!

Yeah. I live in cincy right now and the gaslight district is probably your best bet. It is however about 3/4 - 1 mile from campus.

Does anyone know when they take the last people from their waitlists? I got waitlisted with a 3.18 and a 37P (14 PS 11 VR 12 BS). The email said top 1/3rd; but hundreds apply so I'm not sure what to think.

Hey guys! I've found a couple of two bedroom/two bathroom places in the Hyde Park area that look interesting. I am female, and looking for a female roommate - if anyone's interested in possibly sharing a place, please PM me.

Last edited:
Guys, how long after the "Your app is complete" email did you get your decision email?

Anyone hear good news or was able to get in touch with Jeannie? The suspense is killing me!!! :scared:

Out of curiosity (not for roommate purposes), are there any other girls out there, other than me and IrishCogs, who are planning on attending next year? It just seems like there's a definite male trend on this thread....

hi guys,
current smper here. not sure how many of you are still looking for a place but i know that my apt is still available if you are interested. it's in the gaslight district of clifton and is safe and really close to all the shops and restaurants on ludlow.

it's a nice place to live if you don't want to drive to school since both the bus and shuttle stops are less than two blocks away. also on the weekends, people like to come to this part of town to eat and hangout so it's pretty festive. also, they are remodeling the market across the street and that will hopefully be done some time in the fall, which makes grocery shopping that much more convenient.

current rent that i pay is $619 which includes the water and heating fee as well as insurance. this is the cheapest rate in the building since im on the ground floor. also, i'd like to mention that i'm moving back home so i will be putting my furniture up for sale if you are interested so that way if you are from out of town, you wouldn't have to go to ikea and haul everything back yourself and set it up since i've done it for you. :)

but yea, feel free to PM me with questions about the apt if you are interested so that i can tell the management company to have it reserved for you and also feel free to PM me about the program to those who are still deciding.

thanks

Hey guys, I got waitlisted into the top 3rd at UC, but I also received my Georgetown SMP acceptance at around the same time. I'm wondering, should I go ahead and wait for Cincy's response? Or should I just accept Georgetown's offer? My stats as of graduation are 3.27cgpa and 36R. I also have a lot of research under my belt...My biggest qualm with Georgetown is their large class size and the crazy living expenses. :\

Hey guys, I got waitlisted into the top 3rd at UC, but I also received my Georgetown SMP acceptance at around the same time. I'm wondering, should I go ahead and wait for Cincy's response? Or should I just accept Georgetown's offer? My stats as of graduation are 3.27cgpa and 36R. I also have a lot of research under my belt...My biggest qualm with Georgetown is their large class size and the crazy living expenses. :\

If I was in your situation I would just go to Georgetown because both these programs are about the same. Cinni is a bit cheaper but both programs would take good care of you if you do well. I would commit to GTU, the waitlist at Cinni isn't moving.

Waitlisted top third today. Stats were 3.19sGPA/3.27cGPA with a 35 MCAT at the time of application, going to update them with new grades bringing my GPA to 3.22/3.29. Not sure if they actually look updates though.

Here's to hoping there's some WL movement soon..

Also waitlisted top third today. 3.16cgpa and 34 mcat. Hoping for movement but not expecting much this late in the cycle. Well, who knows.

lol monkey, I might be projecting but from reading your post I feel like we're both in the exact same mood right now.

Are you basing this off talking to Jeannie? Or the lack of posts in this thread?

Yes and yes. She told me not to expect mush more movement and that I should seek other options (I am mid-tier waitlisted) and for every one post I see on this thread about getting off the waitlist, or giving up their seat. I assume 5 or 6 others did as well.

If you have other options I would pursue them and if you get a call from Cinni and you want to go there cool beans just don't expect it.

Yes and yes. She told me not to expect mush more movement and that I should seek other options (I am mid-tier waitlisted) and for every one post I see on this thread about getting off the waitlist, or giving up their seat. I assume 5 or 6 others did as well.

If you have other options I would pursue them and if you get a call from Cinni and you want to go there cool beans just don't expect it.

Ah I see, guess next years class is more or less finalized then.

i'll be withdrawing my acceptance tmrw. best of luck, i hope it goes to one of you

How did you guys enter the masters coursework on AMCAS? Specifically the "Block" courses that cover multiple topics. Which courses will have labs etc..?

Thanks, I look forward to meeting you all.

P.S. The webpage says fewer masters students will be accepted this year due to construction. Anyone know how many?

There was an email just sent out to accepted applicants with a list of all the students accepted to the program. It also has a PDF file on information of how to enter the coursework into AMCAS.

How did you guys enter the masters coursework on AMCAS? Specifically the "Block" courses that cover multiple topics. Which courses will have labs etc..?

Thanks, I look forward to meeting you all.

P.S. The webpage says fewer masters students will be accepted this year due to construction. Anyone know how many?

I just saw that... they must be monitoring my computer!

Hey I was just accepted into the program and was wondering if anyone is looking for a roommate. I am a 23 year old male and am currently looking at a couple places in the gaslight district. PM me if interested.

I gave up my spot today. Hope someone on here gets it!

Toto I've got a feeling we are not in Kansas anymore

Last edited: