Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Fellowship Application Thread 2021-2022

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
If you fast track, then you technically transfer and you graduate adult residency from your fellowship institution. I read this in a thread somewhere once upon a time so I could be wrong.

Edit: Found it. Which program should give the diploma if I do a child fellowship?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
So, if anyone is on that good psych fb group, lots of good info on there.

If your program is set up to allow you to apply to CAP in your third year, you can still try to do it even if you didn't participate in the match.

If folks are on that fb group, maybe we can start a new thread on here with the open spots and institutions so folks can reach out? Or is there a better way?

If your program is set up to allow you to apply to CAP in your third year, you can still try to do it even if you didn't participate in the match.

If folks are on that fb group, maybe we can start a new thread on here with the open spots and institutions so folks can reach out? Or is there a better way?
what facebook group

I’ll put this out there Louisville has open spots and I actually really loved my interview there super supportive program and Louisville is actually a really cool town.

I tried joining the psychiatry network group Sadly invitation is still pending.

Ya a new thread or even if someone posted available programs in this thread that would be super helpful!

I tried joining the psychiatry network group Sadly invitation is still pending.

Ya a new thread or even if someone posted available programs in this thread that would be super helpful!
Someone could just post it here maybe? The unfilled list is available on the NRMP website, but I don’t have access to it.

Is it against the rules to post people's emails? Admin/mods, take this down if it is and I will just post the program names.

Georgetown: Colin Stewart at [email protected].

Umass-Baystate in Springfield MA: Jack Fanton at [email protected]

USF in Tampa: Sandy Stock at [email protected]

University of Wisconsin in Madison, WI

Elmhurst hospital - Mount Sinai

Ponce, PR: [email protected]

Rutgers RWJMS in Piscataway NJ: Please contact Kerri Kawiecki at [email protected]

Baylor Scott and White in Temple Texas

Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center in Shreveport. Great city for families. No call. Contact PD at [email protected]

University Louisville in Louisville, Kentucky. Please contact me at [email protected]

Univ of Oklahoma, OKC [email protected]

Child and Adolescent position at The University of Kansas in Kansas City. May message me or email me at [email protected]

University of Oklahoma-Tulsa: [email protected]

Nassau University Medical Center in East Meadow, New York, please contact: [email protected]

University of Kentucky. [email protected]

University of Nevada, Reno. Please contact Josh Fitzgerald, MD (program director) at [email protected]

Lehigh Valley Health Network in Bethlehem, PA. Please send me an email at [email protected]

Southern Illinois University School of Medicine in Springfield,Illinois. Please send me an email at [email protected]

Medical College of Georgia at Augusta University, in Augusta GA. Feel free to reach out to me at [email protected]

Reactions: 3 users
I was going to add I heard Tulane apparently only filled 1/3 spots I personally was a little hesitant to apply there because of the probation of the GME but after interviewing there I was really impressed. And their fellowship is not involved in the probation and actually they are some of the most diverse and likable faculty I met. The PD Dr. Myint is awesome, Dr. Zeanah needs no introduction he's a giant name in the field and New Orleans is an amazing city.

If you're interested in the UMASS-Worcester CAP fellowship (different from baystate), please contact [email protected]. It's a great place to train, wonderful quality of life, awesome faculty.

UF Florida Jacksonville
Tower Health in PA
Indiana U in Indianapolis
MCW in Wisconsin

These did not fill either.

Last edited:
Is it against the rules to post people's emails? Admin/mods, take this down if it is and I will just post the program names.

Georgetown: Colin Stewart at [email protected].

Umass-Baystate in Springfield MA: Jack Fanton at [email protected]

USF in Tampa: Sandy Stock at [email protected]

University of Wisconsin in Madison, WI

Elmhurst hospital - Mount Sinai

Ponce, PR: [email protected]

Rutgers RWJMS in Piscataway NJ: Please contact Kerri Kawiecki at [email protected]

Baylor Scott and White in Temple Texas

Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center in Shreveport. Great city for families. No call. Contact PD at [email protected]

University Louisville in Louisville, Kentucky. Please contact me at [email protected]

Univ of Oklahoma, OKC [email protected]

Child and Adolescent position at The University of Kansas in Kansas City. May message me or email me at [email protected]

University of Oklahoma-Tulsa: [email protected]

Nassau University Medical Center in East Meadow, New York, please contact: [email protected]

University of Kentucky. [email protected]

University of Nevada, Reno. Please contact Josh Fitzgerald, MD (program director) at [email protected]

Lehigh Valley Health Network in Bethlehem, PA. Please send me an email at [email protected]

Southern Illinois University School of Medicine in Springfield,Illinois. Please send me an email at [email protected]

Medical College of Georgia at Augusta University, in Augusta GA. Feel free to reach out to me at [email protected]
Wow some programs in really high quality of living places didn't fill this year... was it just a low applicant year or what?

Wow some programs in really high quality of living places didn't fill this year... was it just a low applicant year or what?
Some folks were saying that more programs and spots are opening in cities so you have the same number of applicants and they prefer to apply to those programs, so same number of applicants, more programs... some of the good programs in 'less good' locations are left bare.
If you're interested in the UMASS-Worcester CAP fellowship (different from baystate), please contact [email protected]. It's a great place to train, wonderful quality of life, awesome faculty.
I did a child psych rotation at UMass when I was an MS4. Dr. Skehan is awesome and I'm stoked he's PD now. Worcester's actually a great little town with a lot going for it and Boston's a 45 minute drive away if you time things right. You could legit live within access to public transport to boston and reverse commute to UMass.

I interviewed there and loved it and if I didn't have to be in a certain geographic area because of my partner, it would have been way higher on my list. MA is a great place to practice CAP because of state health insurance. Additionally, a lot of UMass folks are very involved in state policy and the state psych hospital is actually just down the street from main campus.

Huh... from what I'm saying I guess I might end up there again when I'm looking for jobs!

Edit: I don't know much about the UMass-Baystate program, but I had friends that did rotations there in other specialties and said that the hospital was really nice. I think I interviewed there for residency but man it's been a minute lol.

I guess I'll find out one way or another in a couple of years. Thanks!
You will get a certificate/diploma from your general adult residency that you completed three years of adult residency and one from your child fellowship that you did two years of child psychiatry fellowship/residency.

I can see why they would have 2 slots left.
I was planning to apply to Zucker for 2023. Any reason you can see why they would have slots left? If you can post or DM any feedback that would be great! Thanks!

CL fellowship
I was planning to apply to Zucker for 2023. Any reason you can see why they would have slots left? If you can post or DM any feedback that would be great! Thanks!
Same here! Feel free to DM as any feedback would be really useful!

I know it's a long shot, but does anybody know if there's any program on the east coast with a PGY-5 position open for 2022-2023? Looking to transfer...

Hi guys! PGY3 applying CAP this season. Congrats on matching and hope you all are enjoying your first year in fellowship.

Throughout the interview process, what were some things you thought about that differentiated one program from another?

Any advice on good questions to ask fellows and attendings?

Thank you!!