chicago neuro programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ectopic_thought

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
what's the word on neuro programs in the windy city? i know we're pre-interview season, but i was just wondering if anyone had heard any opinions about U chicago, rush, northwestern, etc as you're making a list of places to apply to.

Members don't see this ad.

ectopic_thought said:
what's the word on neuro programs in the windy city? i know we're pre-interview season, but i was just wondering if anyone had heard any opinions about U chicago, rush, northwestern, etc as you're making a list of places to apply to.

Word is that Rush is pretty much the only one that's worthwhile (and it is pretty good IMHO). I've also heard that you should avoid UChicago like the plague.

Can you elaborate on avoiding UChicago? I'm considering both the school in general as well as for neurology-related-purposes...

Members don't see this ad :)
U of Chicago: I have heard that the facutly can be pretty malignant especially the P.D. They aparently had multiple spots open with the scramble a year or two ago. (This is repeated hearsay info from a resident I talked to)

U of Chicago: I have heard that the facutly can be pretty malignant especially the P.D. They aparently had multiple spots open with the scramble a year or two ago. (This is repeated hearsay info from a resident I talked to)

I have heard the same "malignancy" comments as well; plus, I've been told you are pretty much on your own with regard to learning anything -- very little actual teaching or supervision because faculty are too wrapped up in their research.