Neuro boards 2023

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dramatispersonae13

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I felt the test was harder than I had imagined, prepared with BoardVitals and Cheng Ching but still got a lot of questions wrong.

Roughly what raw percentage do people need to get right to pass?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
saw on the neurology subreddit, someone posted similarly about the test being hard. one commenter said about 60% right to pass, but i have no clue where they got that number, so make of that what you will, but I haven't been able to find any source that provides %correct data. pass rate in 2021 was 84%, 2022 was 82% which many found concerning so I'm praying they make a course correction. I take mine on Thursday (failed last year) and prepped with TrueLearn x2 runs through questions with notes, full pass through Cheng Ching with some re-review of sections. just hope its enough. seems like everyone is saying how rough it was. just hoping that if everyone feels it was hard then pass rates will still be in everyone's favor

I felt the test was harder than I had imagined, prepared with BoardVitals and Cheng Ching but still got a lot of questions wrong.

Roughly what raw percentage do people need to get right to pass?
I prepped using the same materials and thought it was on the difficult side too. I think Ching is outdated now and needs a refresh, and BoardVitals is not as representative as it is assumed to be.

Members don't see this ad :)
saw on the neurology subreddit, someone posted similarly about the test being hard. one commenter said about 60% right to pass, but i have no clue where they got that number, so make of that what you will, but I haven't been able to find any source that provides %correct data. pass rate in 2021 was 84%, 2022 was 82% which many found concerning so I'm praying they make a course correction. I take mine on Thursday (failed last year) and prepped with TrueLearn x2 runs through questions with notes, full pass through Cheng Ching with some re-review of sections. just hope its enough. seems like everyone is saying how rough it was. just hoping that if everyone feels it was hard then pass rates will still be in everyone's favor
The exam has been getting harder over time. What did you prepare the first time around? I didnt find Truelearn useful

I've read on an old post that percentage needed correct was 78%. The AAN self-assessment exams had an average score of around 76%, so I'm worried that the 78% is close to the true percentage needed, which would be horrible.