Checklist For Applying

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

busupshot83

S.D.N. Vet
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Although I have been to each school's websites, I just want to make sure that I have the application procedures down:

1) submit your application via online (e-aacpmas.org), and pay your online fee

2) request official transcripts to be sent directly to each school

3) request official MCAT/DAT/GRE scores be released to each school

example: to release the DAT...
a) go to http://www.ada.org/prof/ed/testing/dat/index.asp
b) under Step 2, click on "Apply Online to take DAT"
c) click on "Test Score Report Requests"
d) fill out the form, scroll to the bottom, and select "Alternate Address"
e) fill in the addresses of the schools you want to release your DAT scores to, and click submit

4) send a package to each school containing the following: application fee and letters of recommendation

Do I have this right? If not, please correct me.

Members don't see this ad.

You also need the Letters of Recommendation to be sent to each school. You have to check with each schools requirements because many want a letter from a podiatrist (just like for dental school). Also, since you I believe were pre-dent - depending on the school you apply to they won't want letters that say "we recommend ____ for dental school" if your's are like that. For me, I applied to Barry, Temple, OCPM, and NYCPM and of them, only OCPM wanted me to switch letters (get teachers to change) that said 'dental school' to 'podiatry school' but the rest of the schools were fine with my letters.

You also need the Letters of Recommendation to be sent to each school. You have to check with each schools requirements because many want a letter from a podiatrist (just like for dental school). Also, since you I believe were pre-dent - depending on the school you apply to they won't want letters that say "we recommend ____ for dental school" if your's are like that. For me, I applied to Barry, Temple, OCPM, and NYCPM and of them, only OCPM wanted me to switch letters (get teachers to change) that said 'dental school' to 'podiatry school' but the rest of the schools were fine with my letters.

I found a podiatrist mentor using the mentor search, and will be shadowing him soon for about 10 weeks. As for my recommendation letters, I have no problem getting a new batch. I am aiming for my application to go out around the end of November... I hope that is not too late. If it is , what would be the latest that I could send it and still be considered competitive?