Charting Outcomes 2022 - Rad Onc

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Sometimes I get envious of my hospitalist friends but then I have to remember what their day looks like. Can't imaging rounding on 10-20 pts, admissions, orders, notes, follow up on tests, discharge, etc. Can you really make a 30 year career out of that? Same with EM.

At least where I practice a lot of the hospitalists have an army of nps who do much of the work. The pay and hours are surprisingly good for the area. 7 on, 7 off 300k+ and like I said nps are doing a lot of the work. Too bad the nps can manage these sick inpatients but cant babysit my linac or see a breast otv.

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Literally the only reason the bottom hasn't completely fallen out of the RO job market
Yeah ….. if NPs start routinely seeing OTVs and billing for it on their own, that will be one of the best days in that cancer center admin’s life.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
That’s part of the rub. The folks who got us here this time by and large never would have come close to even matching in our recent heyday. If anyone should have known better…
We have some very eloquent and articulate so called “leaders” who if you get to know them are surprisingly dumb and must have really struggled to get into med school.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Hmm
Reactions: 5 users
That’s part of the rub. The folks who got us here this time by and large never would have come close to even matching in our recent heyday. If anyone should have known better…

I think this is only part of the problem…

Half of us are indeed denying the present, and pretending nothing has changed from our heyday… the other half are, perhaps, a little TOO focused on our fall from stardom.

Both are looking backward

Who is looking forward?

Reactions: 6 users
At least where I practice a lot of the hospitalists have an army of nps who do much of the work. The pay and hours are surprisingly good for the area. 7 on, 7 off 300k+ and like I said nps are doing a lot of the work. Too bad the nps can manage these sick inpatients but cant babysit my linac or see a breast otv.
IT’S RADIATION MAN ARE YOU CRAZY

• Care
Reactions: 2 users