Chance of matching 2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GamerTheRock

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Current Status: OMS-4
School: East coast DO- program
Step 1: 225
Step 2: 231

COMLEX-1: 530
COMLEX-2: 575
Pre-clinical: High-Pass I.M
Class rank: Top 20 %
Research:
1 Abstract publication in gastro.

EC's: volunteer hours here and there

2 LOR's, currently working on a project not sure if it will get published.

What do you guys think? I really prefer to stick to east-coast. I want to be realistic with my goals, do you guys think I have a chance?

Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
A DO with those numbers and presumably no radiology-related research, sounds like very uncertain match (unless you also have close connections). If you have done a radiology rotation and can get a LOR, you can try but make sure you have a backup specialty you would be happy with. If your med school has a home program, try to get advice from your home PD as well. Keep in mind that radiology also requires a prelim year, so you would be interviewing for radiology, prelim, and spots in another position all in the same season.

You will match! apply very broadly>100 programs, apply to many preliminary programs. Do not apply to another speciality you will not be happy in long run I can promise you. If somehow you don’t get in (which you will) reapply next year while your doing your preliminary year. Lastly don’t listen to the above poster what he says is not validated by match statistic data. The current match data says if you apply widely you have > 90% chance of matching. Best of luck!