MD & DO ~cGPA3.6/506 WAMC and School List

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Agentcross

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
FLs were 512,515,523. dropped the ball hard.

Year in school: Senior. Degree in Entrepreneurship

Country/state of residence: OK

Current List:
School
Rosalind Franklin
FSU
LSU NOLA
LSU Shrev
MSU
Alabama
Arizona
Arkansas
Arizona
Kansas
OU
South Carolina
TCUUNT
Texas AM
Texas Tech
San Antonio
Austin
Colorado
Mayo
Ohio St
Utah
Rush
Tulane
ACOM DO
DMU DO
TCOM
OSU DO
KC DO
KC DO
azcom DO
Rocky Vista DO

Cumulative GPA: Should be around 3.6 with huge upward trend. Took some Fs in 2009 because young/dumb

Science GPA: 3.6

MCAT Scores: 506...one month of study time while running business, taking winter intersession, with prego wife and 1.5 yr toddler...FLs were averaging 515-520..really dropped the ball.

Research: 100 hours of mentor guided Entrepreneurship research

Volunteering: Regional Food Bank of Oklahoma-20 hours The Maisha Project-50 hours Vintage Church-100 hours mostly childcare and homeless outreach Medical Outreach Programs(clinical)-1000 hours. providing dental care, health care, vaccines, health check ups, etc delivered baby once. Oklahoma City Public Schools-75 hours fitting shoes and coats for underprivileged kids Student Veterans Association-80 hours Relay for Life-150 hours Suicide and Sexual Assault Reporting/Crisis Hotline-1600 hours Veterans Administration(clinical)-400 hours Soccer Coaching-150 Hours

Physician shadowing: include hours/specialties: 50 hours OBGYN 40 hours GP

Hobbies: Being a Dad, woodworking, home improvement, cooking, soccer

Employment history: Self employed business owner. Warehouse and Logistics Supervisor-2.5 years. US Navy FMF Corpsman-8 years

LoRs: Premed committee. They loved me and said I "crushed the interview", outstanding nonscience letter from English professor who is using several of my essays for her class, two outstanding MD letters from physicians I worked with. Supervisor letter from former employer

Immediate family members in medicine? (y/n): N but my great grandfather taught at my state school, taught at Tulane/LSU and helped pioneer techniques still used in peds today

Specialty of interest: Peds, Primary, OBGYN, EM

Interest in rural health (y/n): Y, grew up rura

Members don't see this ad.

You have many state public schools on your list that accept very few non residents with your stats. I suggest these MD schools:
Oklahoma
TCU-UNT
Creighton
Rosalind Franklin
Loyola
Rush
Medical College Wisconsin
Oakland Beaumont
NOVA MD
George Washington
Drexel
Temple
Penn State
Seton Hall
New York Medical College
Quinnipiac
You are fine for all the DO schools on your list.

You have many state public schools on your list that accept very few non residents with your stats. I suggest these MD schools:
Oklahoma
TCU-UNT
Creighton
Rosalind Franklin
Loyola
Rush
Medical College Wisconsin
Oakland Beaumont
NOVA MD
George Washington
Drexel
Temple
Penn State
Seton Hall
New York Medical College
Quinnipiac
You are fine for all the DO schools on your list.
Thank you so much.Ill definitely check out the ones you listed and revise. I was (probably foolishly) hoping the rest of my app would open some doors which may normally be closed. Appreciate the time