WAMC/School List Help (AL Resident, 506/3.9)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

calicocall

Reaction score
21F, Neuroscience major with minors in chemistry and psychology
  • cGPA and sGPA as calculated by AMCAS or AACOMAS
    • cGPA: 3.9, sGPA: 3.8
  • MCAT score(s) and breakdown. Include all (non-voided) attempts.
    • 506 (125/128/124/129) (i know its bad but hopefully everything else somewhat makes up for it)
  • State of residence or country of citizenship (if non-US)
    • Alabama resident
  • Ethnicity and/or race
    • White
  • Undergraduate institution or category
    • University of Alabama at Birmingham
  • Clinical experience (volunteer and non-volunteer)
    • Non-volunteer, patient care technician in a psychiatric unit: ~1000 hours, worked with a lot of underserved populations and have plenty of meaningful experiences to discuss
    • Volunteer at children's hospital: ~200 hours
  • Research experience and productivity
    • Research in the field of suicide, substance use disorders, and transgender health care: ~700 hours, 2 (not first author) publications, 1 poster presentation that received 2nd place at my university's expo
  • Shadowing experience and specialties represented
    • Shadowed a primary care physician in my home town: ~70 hours
    • Shadowed trauma surgeons and emergency medicine physicians at ER: ~80 hours
  • Non-clinical volunteering
    • Part of an organization where we go to (underfunded) schools and tutor 1st and 2nd graders in reading: ~100 hours
  • Other extracurricular activities (including athletics, military service, gap year activities, leadership, teaching, etc)
    • Helped start a club at my university focused on anti-racism in science and currently serving as Vice President of Membership (~100 hours)
    • Vice President in a mental health club at my university (~250 hours)
  • Relevant honors or awards
    • Full academic scholarship at my university, 2nd place poster presentation in undergraduate expo, Presidential Honors/Dean's List for every semester
  • Anything else not listed you think might be important
    • LOR from 3 professors who I am close to (2 neuroscience, 1 psychology), as well as 2 PI's I worked under (one PhD and one MD), and a physician I work with at my job

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
You should accumulate 150+ hours of non clinical volunteering (food bank, homeless shelter, etc.) before you submit your application.
I suggest these MD schools with your stats:
Alabama
South Alabama
Belmont
NOVA MD
Alice Walton (when it opens)
Wake Forest
Virginia Commonwealth
Rosalind Franklin
Medical College Wisconsin
Oakland Beaumont
George Washington