CCOM Class of 2008

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
delicatefade said:
I'm Andy. I hate sports. ;)

I also have an incredibly stupid question. Since we are on the quarter system, that means there are 4 quarters in one year? The reason I'm asking is that I'm trying to calculate the cost of the on campus apartment by MONTH and all I have is a price by quarter.

You are charged for the on-campus apt. for each month of the 3 quarters for both years. But I believe you can arrange to stay in them all year if you want.

The school year runs from September to May. The last day of class last year was May 21st.

Members don't see this ad.

adding deli to the roster :D

scubadiva = Cat
j-trunk = Jessie
karen06 = I'm still trying to figure out her name.
mc7 = Mike
billygoat = Patrick
zenblunder = Justin edit: confused smiley has been removed
HoosierDO = Tovah
jdanie2 = Jeff
lari29 = Lari
delicatefacade = Andy

MSII's
SM-Ucla tech = kris
Areitman = Aaron

P.S. It's okay if you don't like sports, neither do I, I just pick teams to be obnoxious. ;)

delete

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
scubadiva said:
adding deli to the roster :D

scubadiva = Cat
j-trunk = Jessie
mc7 = Mike
billygoat = Patrick
HoosierDO = Tovah
jdanie2 = Jeff
lari29 = Lari
delicatefacade = Andy
jgarlovsky= Jonny G. :eek:

MSII's
SM-Ucla tech = kris
Areitman = Aaron

P.S. It's okay if you don't like sports, neither do I, I just pick teams to be
obnoxious. ;)

Subadiva- I am doing my certification dives on the 27th and 28th.

shizzle, how many divers do we have in this class, anyways????

><((('> :D

Alright, that's it. Class dive trip in September at Pearl Lake WI. One hour drive from campus. There are some lakes closer but this one is clear and has planes, buses, icecream trucks, and the like sunk in it. Yes, I said icecream trucks. Its not the Carribean but its close and cheap. You can dive up to 90 ft. in it. Oh, and before I forget, let's get back to that BBQ idea. Building C will be having a BBQ over the orientation or the following Labor Day weekend (Cuz I say so). Our building per Brian Dickson (residence life director) is the farthest East on the campus, secluded, charming, spacious, and just plane cool because SDN CCOM '08 is in the house.

Just got back from an east coast swing to see some baseball stadiums. I see a discussion on the many divers going to CCOM. I have been certified since I was 12. A trip to pearl lake would be very cool.

zenblunder said:
Hey scuba,
check my post on the previous page...I'm Justin. Fellow Lakers hater and King fan. Anyway, Good to meet you all, I look forward to meeting for real soon.

Oh, by the way... :thumbdown: Cubs :thumbdown:

Sox all the way :thumbup: :thumbup:

But the Bears are good...with their first round pick being Tommie Harris of The University of Oklahoma.

:laugh: sorry Texas :laugh: :smuggrin:

Go Sox Is Right.

And to everyone else. I am Tom.

Hey Tom are you an ER Tech at LaGrange Hospital? I met someone from our class there last week when I brought a patient in by ambulance.

Yo mike and tom :thumbup: I think you might actually be on at the same time as me :D

mc7 said:
Hey Tom are you an ER Tech at LaGrange Hospital? I met someone from our class there last week when I brought a patient in by ambulance.

No, I am a Tech at St. James in Olympia Fields.

adding Tom and eyecon

scubadiva = Cat
j-trunk = Jessie
mc7 = Mike
billygoat = Patrick
HoosierDO = Tovah
jdanie2 = Jeff
lari29 = Lari
delicatefacade = Andy
Tomc727 = Tom
eyecon82 = palak

MSII's
SM-Ucla tech = kris
Areitman = Aaron

Cat, I think you were on when we were. This doesn't update real fast, I don't think. There is a messenger but it isn't the best. HAHA, I have a funny idea since you have so much time. Now edit the name list to reflect where we are all from and better yet what dorm we are all living in. LOL There are medications for disorders such as these. ;) Then favorite colors, mine is green.

Members don't see this ad :)
scubadiva = Cat
j-trunk = Jessie
mc7 = Mike
billygoat = Patrick
HoosierDO = Tovah
jdanie2 = Jeff
lari29 = Lari
delicatefade = Andy (Richmond, VA) - campus apartments...
Tomc727 = Tom
eyecon82 = palak

MSII's
SM-Ucla tech = kris
Areitman = Aaron

Yes, I'm bored...

scubadiva = Cat
j-trunk = Jessie
mc7 = Mike
billygoat = Patrick
HoosierDO = Tovah
jdanie2 = Jeff
lari29 = Lari
Tomc727 = Tom
eyecon82 = palak
MC^2= MONICA!! Traditional residence halls... 2nd floor building B
MSII's
SM-Ucla tech = kris
Areitman = Aaron

scubadiva said:
adding Tom and eyecon

scubadiva = Cat
j-trunk = Jessie
mc7 = Mike
billygoat = Patrick
HoosierDO = Tovah
jdanie2 = Jeff
lari29 = Lari
delicatefacade = Andy
Tomc727 = Tom
eyecon82 = palak

MSII's
SM-Ucla tech = kris
Areitman = Aaron

futurdock= Brian

I don't scuba, but I can hold my breath underwater for a really long time... and that is just one of my many impressive talents.

Any runners out there?

Actually, futurdock, I was wondering the same thing. I've never run any kind of road race before, but there is a 10K right after 1st quarter exams that I want to start training for, then maybe a half marathon in the spring and a full marathon next summer or fall. Anyone who has run races before and has any good advice please post, or anyone who is interested in runnung, let me know.

I just want to run this for completion, I have no plans to be competetive (mostly because I don't run very fast), but it sounds like fun.

zenblunder said:
Actually, futurdock, I was wondering the same thing. I've never run any kind of road race before, but there is a 10K right after 1st quarter exams that I want to start training for, then maybe a half marathon in the spring and a full marathon next summer or fall. Anyone who has run races before and has any good advice please post, or anyone who is interested in runnung, let me know.

I just want to run this for completion, I have no plans to be competetive (mostly because I don't run very fast), but it sounds like fun.

What race are you training for?

I'd check out the runnersworld website first if you're looking for advice and training plans.
http://www.runnersworld.com/article/0,5033,s6-51-55-0-6406,00.html

There are alot of 5k, 10k, and 20k's in the Chicago suburbs. Google Amateur Athlete Magazine Chicago and you will find a list of the ones in the area. They have recently added other sports like kyaking (not sure if that is spelled right), triathlons, and other sports that have competitions. I used to run a race called the September Sunrise in Downers Grove in late September but I am not sure if it is still happening. I love running and was wondering the same thing, if there are any other runners. I ran competitively in high school and part of college but now I am a washed up-beer drinking, immobile studying (whoa my belly is getting bigger), and older (late 20's) medical student. So running slower is just what I need. I try to run about 5 days a week now. There are alot of running clubs right in the area of Downers Grove. If you want a more fast pace group you can contact North Central College (Division III Champs for like a bizillion years in Track and Cross). They have a running clubs for those that can't let the competitiveness go. They have races for cross and track that don't require you to be a student.

I'm excited, it sounds like we have a bunch of really outgoing fun people in our class!

MC^2 said:
scubadiva = Cat
j-trunk = Jessie
mc7 = Mike
billygoat = Patrick
HoosierDO = Tovah
jdanie2 = Jeff
lari29 = Lari
Tomc727 = Tom
eyecon82 = palak
MSII's
SM-Ucla tech = kris
Areitman = Aaron
scubadiva = Cat
j-trunk = Jessie
mc7 = Mike (suburbs of Chicago) Trad Residence Building C 2nd Floor GREEN;)
billygoat = Patrick
HoosierDO = Tovah
jdanie2 = Jeff
lari29 = Lari
Tomc727 = Tom
eyecon82 = palak
MSII's
SM-Ucla tech = kris
Areitman = Aaron

futurdock said:

Any runners out there?

YIPEE!!! YES! I love running even though I'm slow. Cool.

I heard there's a running trail through the campus. I've been running outdoors on the trails this past summer, so I don't enjoy the treadmills as much anymore. What ami I gonna do when it snows?! :scared: :eek:

So, I have a running buddy? Awesome :thumbup:

P.S. I am in NO WAY an athlete or athletic. :oops:

mc7 = Mike (suburbs of Chicago) Trad Residence Building C 2nd Floor GREEN

Hey Mike... what is green? Is that your favorite color or the color of your attitude? :p

scubadiva said:
YIPEE!!! YES! I love running even though I'm slow. Cool.

I heard there's a running trail through the campus. I've been running outdoors on the trails this past summer, so I don't enjoy the treadmills as much anymore. What ami I gonna do when it snows?! :scared: :eek:

So, I have a running buddy? Awesome :thumbup:

P.S. I am in NO WAY an athlete or athletic. :oops:

YAYYYYY!!!!! RUNNING BUDDIES!!! I am slow and a washed up athlete :( I was in XC and track in high school, but became a bum in college. All I need are some people to run with me (b/c I lack the motivation to actually do it on my own) and I am set! We should start up our CCOM Class of '08 running club. :D

I can't remember who posted, but I would love to train for a half marathon to complete it, not to be competitive. One 5K run (I don't know if they have a 10K too) is the Walk for Hope in Evanston in October. It's right at the lakefront at Northwestern's campus, so it's really nice run. I will probably be signing up for that one.

Glad to hear that are other runners out there. I've done a couple marathons and several tri's. I've pretty much been a bum this summer though - enjoying the last of summer and getting all my bar-hopping out of my system.

As far as location, I've lived in Chicago for the past six years but have lived in various cities (Philly, St. Paul, Omaha, Pittsburgh) during my childhood.

How old are you all? I'm 29 and figure I'll be on track to have my mid-life crisis by the time I graduate.

Have a good weekend.

Jeff

This is great. Lots of washed up athletes. I guess I fall into that group, I was in pretty good shape after I got out of the Army. The infantry will do that. But too many injuries and too much booze and too much avoidance of cardio and too much junk food and Wa-La out of shape Justin. But, a new home, new school, new friends...what a wonderful opportunity to make some positive changes and try to develop more healthy habits. Karen, I want to run a half marathon in the Spring, but I would like to use some 5K's and 10K's as a progress report. I think that once we all get to DG we can figure out some good races to run and try to keep each other accountable. I can't wait.

MC^2 said:

Hey Mike... what is green? Is that your favorite color or the color of your attitude? :p
Howdy Monica, Green is both favorite color and attitude cuz I'm green with envy that everyone has such cool moving avatar thingys on their profiles;) Guess I have to pay to do that, huh? So how's CO and Bucca Di Bepo? Speakin of which is anyone working during the first year??? Monica, I saw that you were wondering about buying a computer. What was the consensus on that issue? Somehow I am feeling that if I buy a computer I will be pushing the budget that they gave us.

jdanie2 said:
Glad to hear that are other runners out there. I've done a couple marathons and several tri's. I've pretty much been a bum this summer though - enjoying the last of summer and getting all my bar-hopping out of my system.

As far as location, I've lived in Chicago for the past six years but have lived in various cities (Philly, St. Paul, Omaha, Pittsburgh) during my childhood.

How old are you all? I'm 29 and figure I'll be on track to have my mid-life crisis by the time I graduate.

Have a good weekend.

Jeff
Yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee someone is older than me. I'm 28. Going back to school for my undergrad gave me few gray hairs, wonder what med school will do? EEEK!

futurdock said:
futurdock= Brian

I don't scuba, but I can hold my breath underwater for a really long time... and that is just one of my many impressive talents.

Any runners out there?
Brian as for being able to hold your breath, this may come in handy if you join the underwater hockey team at MWU. Yes, believe people. Midwestern has an underwater hockey team. During my interview I did the unthinkable and tried to be funny by inquiring about this. I got a laugh from the med student but the DO and PhD didn't seem impressed by my sad attempt to be humorous under stress :(

Adding futurdoc :thumbup:

scubadiva = Cat
j-trunk = Jessie
karen06 = Karen
billygoat = Patrick
zenblunder = Justin
HoosierDO = Tovah
jdanie2 = Jeff
lari29 = Lari
Tomc727 = Tom
eyecon82 = palak
futurdoc = Brian

MSII's
SM-Ucla tech = kris
Areitman = Aaron

:idea: Hmmm...I'm no Einstein, but my guess is that most of the first years are in building C. I think the second years are in building A.

oh, and zenblunder, talking schmack and ripping on our classmates and school hasn't even started...heh. you don't wanna mess with me, buster :cool:

:p

Oh, and I'm suprised there are people who are gonna be older than me. I figured I was gonna be the oldest person there. :laugh: I think we have a mature class. :thumbup:

scubadiva said:
Adding futurdoc :thumbup:

scubadiva = Cat
j-trunk = Jessie
karen06 = Karen
billygoat = Patrick
zenblunder = Justin
HoosierDO = Tovah
jdanie2 = Jeff
lari29 = Lari
Tomc727 = Tom
eyecon82 = palak
futurdoc = Brian

MSII's
SM-Ucla tech = kris
Areitman = Aaron

:idea: Hmmm...I'm no Einstein, but my guess is that most of the first years are in building C. I think the second years are in building A.

oh, and zenblunder, talking schmack and ripping on our classmates and school hasn't even started...heh. you don't wanna mess with me, buster :cool:

:p

Oh, and I'm suprised there are people who are gonna be older than me. I figured I was gonna be the oldest person there. :laugh: I think we have a mature class. :thumbup:

By the way, I will be living off campus. I was just thinking about it that I may be one of the youngest in our class. I just turned 22 at the end of July.

Hi everyone,
just wanted to update this thing...btw, are there any youngins' out there? i'm not that young (23 goin' on 24 in nov.) but I'm feelin' a little young now... :oops:

**edit** ok i just read tom's post...yay, not the youngest :)

scubadiva = Cat
j-trunk = Jessie
karen06 = Karen - off campus apartment about 10 min away
billygoat = Patrick
zenblunder = Justin
HoosierDO = Tovah
jdanie2 = Jeff
lari29 = Lari
Tomc727 = Tom
eyecon82 = palak
futurdoc = Brian

MSII's
SM-Ucla tech = kris
Areitman = Aaron

24 here. But I've been know to act anywhere between 45 and 7.

Yo, are you people now going to make me match screenames, ages, buildings, and favorite colors. :rolleyes:

;)

scubadiva = Cat
*Traditional Residence Halls Building A first floor

j-trunk = Jessie

karen06 = Karen -
*off campus apartment about 10 min away

mc7 = Mike (suburbs of Chicago) (28)
*Trad Residence Building C 2nd Floor GREEN

billygoat = Patrick

zenblunder = Justin (24)

HoosierDO = Tovah

jdanie2 = Jeff (29)

lari29 = Lari

delicatefade = Andy (Richmond, VA)
*campus apartments

Tomc727 = Tom (22)

eyecon82 = palak

MC^2= MONICA!!
*Traditional residence halls... 2nd floor building B

futurdoc = Brian

jgarlovsky = Johnny G.

MSII's
SM-Ucla tech = kris

Areitman = Aaron

Okay, so I have a little nervous energy and need an outlet for it. I already ran, showered, worked an extra-long shift at Starbucks. What I really should be doing is packing, taking care of last minute paperwork, and financial aid stuff. :eek: :laugh: That's on my list of to do things for tomorrow.

scubadiva = Cat

j-trunk = Jessie

karen06 = Karen -

billygoat = Patrick

zenblunder = Justin (24)

HoosierDO = Tovah

jdanie2 = Jeff (29)

lari29 = Lari

delicatefade = Andy (26) (Richmond, VA)
*campus apartments

Tomc727 = Tom (22)

eyecon82 = palak

MC^2= MONICA!!

futurdoc = Brian

jgarlovsky = Johnny G.

MSII's
SM-Ucla tech = kris

Areitman = Aaron

Originally Posted by delicatefade
scubadiva = Cat

j-trunk = Jessie (LaGrange, IL) (22!!!!!! WOOO!)
*off campus apt 15 mins away, fave color: PINK

karen06 = Karen -

billygoat = Patrick

zenblunder = Justin (24)

HoosierDO = Tovah

jdanie2 = Jeff (29)

lari29 = Lari

*campus apartments

Tomc727 = Tom (22)

eyecon82 = palak

MC^2= MONICA!!

futurdoc = Brian

jgarlovsky = Johnny G.

MSII's
SM-Ucla tech = kris

Areitman = Aaron

Sweet. I'm glad to hear that there are other "non-elite" runners out there.
Does anyone know if there's a running club at CCOM? If not, we should start one. :idea: From the sounds of it, we might need to start a Hash House Harrier Club(social club that combines running and drinking beer!)

I just added those of you who have AIM screen names to my buddy list. I'm rarely on, but my screen name is: profesrb76

-Brian

scubadiva = Cat

karen06 = Karen -

billygoat = Patrick

zenblunder = Justin (24)

HoosierDO = Tovah

jdanie2 = Jeff (29)

lari29 = Lari

*campus apartments

Tomc727 = Tom (22)

eyecon82 = palak

MC^2= MONICA!!

futurdoc = Brian B. (27 going on 15) Villa Park, IL
*Townhouse with my very patient wife.

jgarlovsky = Johnny G.

MSII's
SM-Ucla tech = kris

Areitman = Aaron

scubadiva = Cat

karen06 = Karen -

billygoat = Patrick

zenblunder = Justin (24)

HoosierDO = Tovah

jdanie2 = Jeff (29)

lari29 = Lari

*campus apartments

Tomc727 = Tom (22)

eyecon82 = palak

MC^2= MONICA!!

jgarlovsky = Johnny G.

alimarie81 = Alisha H. (23)
*Loft in the city with my hubby

MSII's
SM-Ucla tech = kris

Areitman = Aaron

scubadiva = Cat

karen06 = Karen -

billygoat = Patrick

zenblunder = Justin (24)

HoosierDO = Tovah

jdanie2 = Jeff (29)

lari29 = Lari

*campus apartments

Tomc727 = Tom (22)
Off Campus Apartments about 10 minutes away, Red

eyecon82 = palak

MC^2= MONICA!!

jgarlovsky = Johnny G.

MSII's
SM-Ucla tech = kris

Areitman = Aaron

J-trunk, what month were you born in, I am hoping I am not the youngest one here.

**edit** oops, I forgot to just check the profile. Damn. I am still the youngest here.

Cat apparently is well organized. We now know who we can turn to for better class notes. I'm impressed! Brian, I think you just elected yourself as running club organizer. Thanks, count me in;) When is our first run? :)

Go Bears. I'm going to the pre-season game vs. SF next weekend...football season is upon us :)

Has anyone purchased books yet? I am not sure if I should invest in any yet since I'm not 100% sure what I'll need. I talked with some MSII's and they said not to buy anything till classes start; they quickly realized that all they used was an anatomy atlas and a histo book since all the lecture notes are provided. What anatomy atlas is recommended? Netters?

scubadiva = Cat

karen06 = Karen -

billygoat = Patrick

zenblunder = Justin (24)

HoosierDO = Tovah

jdanie2 = Jeff (29)

lari29 = Lari

*campus apartments

Tomc727 = Tom (22)

eyecon82 = palak

MC^2= MONICA!!

jgarlovsky = Johnny G.

Danielle = Danielle (25)
*apartment in Lisle, IL on Ogden
MSII's
SM-Ucla tech = kris

Areitman = Aaron

mc7 said:
Cat apparently is well organized. We now know who we can turn to for better class notes. I'm impressed! Brian, I think you just elected yourself as running club organizer. Thanks, count me in;) When is our first run? :)

School hasn't even begun, and I've managed to make work for myself. :confused:

Depending on your schedules maybe we could meet this week?
Is everyone working, or just killing time before school starts?

If anyone is interested, PM me and let me know what time of day works best. We can run on a trail about 5 miles from school.
We could go for a short jaunt and keep the pace slow enough to converse.

Let me know.

-BB

scubadiva = Cat

karen06 = Karen -

billygoat = Patrick

zenblunder = Justin (24)

HoosierDO = Tovah

jdanie2 = Jeff (29)

lari29 = Lari

*campus apartments

Tomc727 = Tom (22)

eyecon82 = palak

MC^2= MONICA!! (22) Westminster, CO Blue (both an attitude and a favorite color)

jgarlovsky = Johnny G.

Danielle = Danielle (25)
MSII's
SM-Ucla tech = kris

Areitman = Aaron

Tomc, junk in trunk... God bless the youngins
Iam still working and am still in the rockies until August 29th. I'm looking forward to meeting y'all then. You guys up for going out in the evenings after orientation?
Ps. we shoul plan a professional baseball/football night out for our class. For all of you Chicagolanders... any chance of getting socks/bears/cubs tix this year?

MC^2 said:
scubadiva = Cat

karen06 = Karen -

billygoat = Patrick

zenblunder = Justin (24)

HoosierDO = Tovah

jdanie2 = Jeff (29)

lari29 = Lari

*campus apartments

Tomc727 = Tom (22)

eyecon82 = palak

MC^2= MONICA!! (22) Westminster, CO Blue (both an attitude and a favorite color)

jgarlovsky = Johnny G. (28)
*living at the Versilles.

Danielle = Danielle (25)
MSII's
SM-Ucla tech = kris

Areitman = Aaron

Speakin of going out... After moving in on the 30th would be a good start since we don't have anything on the 31st. Not that we won't be up for more going out celebrating throughout the orientation. That is a Monday, isn't it? Thursday is a great bar night in this area. Unless the Old Foggies aren't allowed to party with the youngsters? BOOHOO:(

delicatefade said:
What cell phone service do you Chicago people prefer?
I have UScellular which is ok. I had Cingular for like 10 years and it is ok but they are just not friendly. I was a bit worried though that my phone was searching for service on the campus a few weeks ago when I was looking at the dorms. Yes I actually went there to double check that I wanted to live in the dorms. They look nice. The lack of AC is troublesome. Guess when its hot I will go study or something productive.

scubadiva = Cat
*Traditional Residence Halls Building C first floor (still 24, though I'll be 25 by the time I get there. :eek: :laugh: ) (woops, I got confused for a second, but I'm in building C).

karen06 = Karen -

billygoat = Patrick

zenblunder = Justin (24)

HoosierDO = Tovah

jdanie2 = Jeff (29)

lari29 = Lari

*campus apartments

Tomc727 = Tom (22)

eyecon82 = palak

jgarlovsky = Johnny G. (28)
*living at the Versilles.

Danielle = Danielle (25)

MSII's
SM-Ucla tech = kris

Areitman = Aaron

Mike, I'm not organized, just neurotic :laugh: since I'm trying to organize everything: packing, my LAST day of work today as a Starbucks barista (that was my DREAM summer job. yay), figuring out this cross-country trip with the parentals, and squaring out some loose ends with financial aid. :eek: :laugh:

Okay, all is done.