CBSE vs UWorld (posted in the wrong subgroup I think..?)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted913442

Posted this in the "Dental Residents" subthread, but am not sure if that was the right place to do so. Wanted to get some friendly convo going so figured I'd post it on this subthread as well!

Hey everyone!

So were about 3 months out from the CBSE, and I just had a few questions with regards to UWorld vs CBSE.

Just curious, but for those that broke 70 on CBSE, what percentages were you getting on random UWorld blocks? I'm just curious if those correlate at all as a way to judge how ready you are.

Also, my friends and I have been curious, but what percent of questions do you think you need to get right on the CBSE to break 70? Are we talking like an 80% ≈ 70CBSE?

Thanks!

--For future references, do CBSE posts go in dental thread or dental residents thread? Let me know if thats cool!

Members don't see this ad.

I don’t think you should worry about what you get on UW because the test you’re taking is not UW and it’s not even Step1. Doesn’t matter if you get 10,50, or 80 as long as you learn and make new connections and learn to apply material. Do them tutored and untimed but don’t have UW as primary learning source. Have FA cause it’s integrated and very organized. What I’m doing albeit a little late is I’m annotating FA with extra info from UW.
every bank has its own trick to q and UW’s trick is different from NBME. NBME won’t usually ask you to make 3-4 leaps, they’re more straightforward but out of all banks, UW focuses on a lot Of the same high points and forces you to know material in and out

gauge your progress and predict your scores using NBME that you can buy

that’s just my 2 centsI’m taking CBSE in February for first time

I don’t think you should worry about what you get on UW because the test you’re taking is not UW and it’s not even Step1. Doesn’t matter if you get 10,50, or 80 as long as you learn and make new connections and learn to apply material. Do them tutored and untimed but don’t have UW as primary learning source. Have FA cause it’s integrated and very organized. What I’m doing albeit a little late is I’m annotating FA with extra info from UW.
every bank has its own trick to q and UW’s trick is different from NBME. NBME won’t usually ask you to make 3-4 leaps, they’re more straightforward but out of all banks, UW focuses on a lot Of the same high points and forces you to know material in and out

gauge your progress and predict your scores using NBME that you can buy

that’s just my 2 centsI’m taking CBSE in February for first time
ya I would never solely rely on it of course. but I do think it gives you a good idea on how ready you are to take the exam. I took it this past august after my D1 year to try it out after studying all summer through sketchy and first aid (didnt start uworld though), so I was just curious on how it compared for everyone else. will definitely look into the NBME when I get closer to the exam! might do one over thanksgiving break.

Reactions: 1 user