Caucasians of Sdn!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Big mix, russian, german, scottish, but mostly swiss...pretty much just white

anyone heard of Big B? "White Trash Renegade"...."White Boys, Make Some Noise"...."High Class White Trash"....

I have alot of family in Switzerland and I know a little..

Sprechen Sie Deutsch? ICH könnt nur bloss erst sprichst ein bißchen , mein deutsch ist krank.

Thats all I know how to write, I can speak a couple more Phrases including the unpleasent ones when you get in a argument

Members don't see this ad.

You should use a better translating site :p

Dis donc, si vouz parlez si bien le Francais, pourquoi ne pas avoir la courtoisie de repondre pareille. A un certain temps, je passais mon temps a mieux apprendre certaines langues. Helas, ici aux etats unis, a part l'espagnol, la langue francaise surtout, ca court pas les rues.

Say, if you speak french so fluently, why not have the courtesy to respond likewise. There was a time, I spent my time learning certain languages. Alas, here in the United States, other than spanish, especially the french language is hardly spoken.

Dis donc, si vouz parlez si bien le Francais, pourquoi ne pas avoir la courtoisie de repondre pareille. A un certain temps, je passais mon temps a mieux apprendre certaines langues. Helas, ici aux etats unis, a part l'espagnol, la langue francaise surtout, ca court pas les rues.

Say, if you speak french so fluently, why not have the courtesy to respond likewise. There was a time, I spent my time learning certain languages. Alas, here in the United States, other than spanish, especially the french language is hardly spoken.
je n'ai pas pense que tu parles français

Members don't see this ad :)

btw, je suis egyptian/francais

and i am still sure that you don know french, we never use vous in a conversation like that ;)

Dude I have no clue, the Balkans are known for our pastries/desserts, Gulash, Starchy Breads, HUGE EGOS :bang: and Crappy Cars
yugo.jpg

Here's a little speedster I saw while I was doing a patrol. It even comes with the optional table saw on the front in case you are driving and want to cut up some logs!

P9200008.jpg

and i am still sure that you don know french, we never use vous in a conversation like that ;)

I don't mind constructive criticism as French is not my language. However, I'm pretty sure I speak it fluently. However, whether one is a native or not, mistake can abound. It's like an American being confused over who/whom, may I/can I and so on. In our case, I find it hard to believe that you wouldn't know the difference between tu/vous. I extended you the courtesy of respect because I do not know you and vous is appropriate. But I suppose (through no fault of yours), and if you'll allow a non-native speaker :)laugh:) to correct you, here is the difference between tu & vous (source: French.about.com)

French has two different words for you: tu and vous. In English, the second person subject pronoun is always you, no matter how many people you're talking to, and whether you know them or not. In French, these distinctions are very important - you must understand when and why to use each of them. Otherwise, you may inadvertantly insult someone by using the wrong you.

Tu is the familiar you, which demonstrates a certain closeness and informality. Use tu when speaking to one

• friend
  • peer / colleague
  • relative
  • child
  • pet
Vous is the formal and plural you. It is used to show respect or maintain a certain distance or formality with someone. Use vous when speaking to

• someone you don't know well
  • an older person
  • an authority figure
  • anyone to whom you wish to show respect
.Vous.. is also the plural you - you have to use it when talking to more than one person, no matter how close you are.

Because the tu / vous distinction doesn't exist in English, beginning French students often have trouble with it. Some people follow the guideline of using whatever the other person uses with them. This can be misleading: someone in authority may use tu with you, but that certainly doesn't mean that you can respond in kind. You can try asking On peut se tutoyer ?, but when in doubt, I tend to use vous. I'd rather show someone too much respect than not enough!

.Anyway, let us not :hijacked:anymore than we already have.

lol the caucastion thread turned into a foreign language critique thread. /fail

LOL Hello people the way we learn a language in school is often very different from the way native speaker's speak. There are even huge varities within each language around the world.. I mean try comparing the Spanish of a Colombian, Mexican, and someone from Spain..
I think the bigger problem is when Pharmacist's don't speak ENGLISH while practicing in AMERICA, a problem my bf had just the other day..

Try me speaking Modern Standard Arabic (Taught to me by the Army at the DLI) to a street vendor in Mosul, he will just laugh at me and turn around even if it's "fluent."

As Elle put it, what you learn in an academic setting and colloquial/vernacular are often QUITE different for many languages, and obviously French is one of them.

Here's a little speedster I saw while I was doing a patrol. It even comes with the optional table saw on the front in case you are driving and want to cut up some logs!

P9200008.jpg

NO WAY! :laugh: :roflcopter: Everytime you go in "the city" you are bound to see people riding around in those. It's in Good condition, it has a back rest for the seat!

As Elle put it, what you learn in an academic setting and colloquial/vernacular are often QUITE different for many languages, and obviously French is one of them.

Je suis d'accord! I agree! Somehow, Le Roi started this knit picking, and he hasn't posted since :laugh:.

Mostly Euro mutt here. Mostly german, part scottish, and even smaller parts swedish, english, and french. The smallest part of me is native american (probably a couple percent if that makes sense).

Is the first word "Von" or "Van", and is the second word "der". Sorry to make broad generalizations, just curious. :D

As long as it's not Van der Sloot, cause that would make 'em a murderous bastard.