Caucasians of Sdn!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I think he's talking about Native Americans...

That's kinda what I was thinking.....but I wasn't sure.

Members don't see this ad.

Born and raised Polish :)
Polska gora!!!

I have a relative that was shot by his commander during the American revolution. Apparently my family has been stubborn for 300 years. I would consider myself American Mutt.

Members don't see this ad :)
What group would that be?

BTW....Did balloons fall from the ceiling for reaching the 1000 post mark?

My mother is Asian Indian. It is interesting because, depending on the person, I'm thought to be Italian, Mexican, Greek, and other races/nationalities.

Yeah, the balloons were fun, but it took forever to clean up the confetti.

Anything is possible... but I claim Ireland.

My mother is Asian Indian. It is interesting because, depending on the person, I'm thought to be Italian, Mexican, Greek, and other races/nationalities.

Yeah, the balloons were fun, but it took forever to clean up the confetti.

Yeah as you know my wife is Asian Indian....Bengali to be exact. She also gets mistaken for many the same nationalities as well. The best one was when someone thought she was Samoan when we were in Hawaii. Also when she tells people that she is Indian sometimes they ask.....what tribe? hahaha

What's up fellow crackers?!

do know where the "cracker" nickname came from? It is not what you might think it is... in other words, don't think Saltines... Think slavery... It is pretty derogatory in meaning

:D

That's such a shame - I speak pretty good english ( I think ) but I've managed to teach all my friends some Russian and my boyfriend now can actually speak - on a basic level but still speak. We went to the restaurant not too long ago - and there was a russian couple there cursing each other every name in the dictionary - he understood all of it, now that's sad. :D

The only Russian I remember from some of my friends is nenavigu Americancev.

WesternU Stats
Entering Class of 2007 Statistics
Ethnicity
African American 2
Asian/Pacific Islander 79
Hispanic 3
Native American 0
White/Non-Hispanic 33
Other/No Answer 3

But Asia is a very big, highly populated, and diverse continent with many countries and many subsets like south asian, southeast asian (Vietnam, Thailand, cambodia etc),eastern asia (china korea). I don't even know if they even consider some part of Middle east as Asian (Saudi, Iraq, Kuwait etc). Where does Arabian fit here? asian? Not all Asian are Chinese lol..

My point is that many countries with various ethnicities and cultural backgrounds represent so-called "Asian". Should we be a majority anyway since it's such a large group? If they subdivide Asia into different regions, we may not be a majority :)

Irish, Czech, English, Spanish. Also, female, 5-2", 105 lbs, 47.7 kg, brunette, hazel eyes, 2 dogs, no cats..... :banana:

....gotta get back to studying pathology.....

Members don't see this ad :)
But Asia is a very big, highly populated, and diverse continent with many countries and many subsets like south asian, southeast asian (Vietnam, Thailand, cambodia etc),eastern asia (china korea). I don't even know if they even consider some part of Middle east as Asian (Saudi, Iraq, Kuwait etc). Where does Arabian fit here? asian? Not all Asian are Chinese lol..

My point is that many countries with various ethnicities and cultural backgrounds represent so-called "Asian". Should we be a majority anyway since it's such a large group? If they subdivide Asia into different regions, we may not be a majority :)

Last I heard, middle easterners are counted as white non-hispanic by the census bureau.

German/British representin

I should be considered a minority, since I came from a broke family, was on welfare/food stamps when I was young. No middle class suburbian subdivision for me. I grew up with a single mom with three kids, and yes I have lived in a trailer, lol.

Norwegian, French, German and English here.

I like this thread. Funny stuff!

Just the other day, I was thinking about some older rural caucasian men I know who went to a certain highly ranked pharmacy school in the past 20-30 years. I honestly think that they'd have no chance today because they aren't "diverse" enough.

being a caucasian male would definitely make you a minority in pharmacy schools! kind of crazy if you think about it.

one more thing, do jews count as caucasians?

being a caucasian male would definitely make you a minority in pharmacy schools! kind of crazy if you think about it.

one more thing, do jews count as caucasians?

The government says they are, not sure how the Jews feel about it. I know the fascist opinion on the matter, but I don't think their opinion counts.:rolleyes:

Jews are not a separate race. Judaism is a religion. If the Jew is from Europe/Middle East, than he/she is caucasian. An Ethiopian Jew is African, and so on. Jews hate it when you say we are of a separate race because it is bigoted.

Jews are not a separate race. Judaism is a religion. If the Jew is from Europe/Middle East, than he/she is caucasian. An Ethiopian Jew is African, and so on. Jews hate it when you say we are of a separate race because it is bigoted.

I don't think it was bigoted - they were probably confusing race with ethnicity and groups like Jews care a lot about maintaining their ethnic identity.

Judaism may be a religion, but not all Jews practice Judaism. It is also a subpopulation descended from a common ancestor with it's own history and culture. While it's not a different race, much like hispanic culture vs hispanic race, it can occassionally give rise to confusion. As it is, they're all just boxes with labels on them anyway, however unfortunate that may be.

German, Irish, English= very white woman(especially with the Irish, with red hair and all)

I don't think it was bigoted - they were probably confusing race with ethnicity and groups like Jews care a lot about maintaining their ethnic identity.

Very true. I would say that they can be almost considered a different race because they are much more inclined to have Tay Sachs disease.....just like afro-americans are much more likely to have sickle cell anemia. I would still consider Jews to be Caucasian.

I'm of European ancestry. Quarter Italian, quarter Polish, quarter Czech, eighth Irish, eighth German. I'm a mutt! I look Polish/German though, pale, blonde, green eyes.

Very true. I would say that they can be almost considered a different race because they are much more inclined to have Tay Sachs disease.....just like afro-americans are much more likely to have sickle cell anemia. I would still consider Jews to be Caucasian.
You have the founder effect with European Jews. Most Ashkenazi Jews come from an initial group of 2000 families or something like that.

Most Jews will consider those who are of Jewish descent Jews unless they practice another religion. At such point, you are no longer consider a Jew. This is part of the definition Birthright Israel uses to determine your Jewishness. They will consider you Jewish if one of your parents are Jewish or you have converted to Judaism and do not practice another religion.

I don't like the term "Caucasian".

I am White, a displaced European in America.

"Caucasians" are Azerbaijanis, Chechens, and Georgians. Please don't lump me in with asiatics.

And if you are half-white, then you really aren't white. Sorry if that offends your new world order multicultural sensibilities, but its true.

Another cracker checkin in! Sup homies!

"Caucasians" are Azerbaijanis, Chechens, and Georgians. Please don't lump me in with asiatics.

And if you are half-white, then you really aren't white. Sorry if that offends your new world order multicultural sensibilities, but its true.

Hmmm... my skin is pasty, I burn from short car rides, and I had a decidedly "white American" upbringing (as in, no particular cultural traditions). I'm a mixup of mostly German/English/Scottish/Welsh with some Italian thrown in. But my mom is 1/4 Miwok Indian, and my dad is 1/8 Cherokee - which makes me 3/16 native American. Am I not "white" according to your definition?

Not that I care one way or another - I don't base my personal identity on my racial background.

Asiatics ? Caucasians are not asiatics. Have you seen a Caucasian before ?

I know multiple half white people that look a 100 % white including myself.
What do you consider those ?

I am late going to bed but I couldn't resist this thread so here goes:

85% Italian.......> speak the language and all
15% chaos and confusion.........>Basically all European countries though

That said, to prove my whiteness to the doubters out there, my family had someone come over on the mayflower............Ha Ha ....I win!!!

Good night! and enjoy your banter

Cheburashka, you are not white, and Russian only by passport.

In Russia, Chechens, Azeribaijanis, Armenians and Georgians are not considered white, and you know it. Please don't BS me.

Wow, so many haters here!!! There is no need for you on this forum, dear racists and haters!!!

I am from Belarus and a good portion of my ancestors are Polish! I am white, blue eyes, all that stuff. So if you tell me i m not caucasian either -- I am going to open a "All the rest of us who are not antarctican/ korean/ nigerian/ caucasian on SDN" thread.
P.S. Should there be any questions, I ll be more than happy to provide a picture. If you want my DNA sequenced (you know, to track my ancestry down!!!) - that can be arranged as well I suppose.

In Russia, Chechens, Azeribaijanis, Armenians and Georgians are not considered white, and you know it. Please don't BS me.

I am Russian because I grew up in Russia, genious. Just like you are American because you grew up in States. Don't tell me you do not understand the concept of naionality vs. race.

As for me being white or non-white - WHY do I care what some troll thinks ? Why are you soo hyped up about people with mixed background identifying themselves as white ?

I can consider myself whomever I want if I please.

I couldn't care less what you think to be honest. You are quite something:thumbdown: judging from your other posts. White, not white seem to matter only to you. :thumbdown:

I identify myself as Caucasian primarily because I look a 100 % Caucasian. I could post a picture but then again WHY do I care what some unknown troll thinks of me ?

So true Cheburashka!!!!! :thumbup::thumbup::love::love::love:

Well, this thread has certainly become a burning train wreck.

Dude's, the point of this thread is to make light of all the "Hey, any (pick a race) on here?" threads. If you can't appreciate that, then don't post.

If you must take it seriously, use the US census bureau's definition of race. In which case anyone who is considered of Russian (including former Russian States) descent would be white/Caucasian despite anyone's personal feelings to the contrary.

White person checking in... :)

I too agree that all these ethnic treads are a little annoying. That said, I applaud the Caucasian community for standing up and creating a thread. Especially now being that they seem to be the minority to the oppressive Asian majority. I'm just kidding, I'm Asian myself so don't send the Politically Correct PO-LEASE after me.

I know. It's soo hard being white these days. All the scrutiny, negativity, stereotypes like we can't play basketball or incapable of busting a move (dance). Gosh

Nice lie. Mark Madsen can do both.

I think I'm the only Albanian Male on SDN.(Geography review Albania: North neighbor of Greece, East of "the Heel" in Italy)

I am from Belarus!!
I was wondering if there was a thread like this..pretty cool :)

As for me being white or non-white - WHY do I care what some troll thinks ? Why are you soo hyped up about people with mixed background identifying themselves as white ?

I can consider myself whomever I want if I please.[/QUOTE]

I totally agree with you. At my ethnic studies class at Berkeley, we talked about race is as much a social construct as it is based on ethnic background. I actually come from a mixed background (Mexican, German, Irish, Native American) and because I find myself to appear more "Mexican" I classify myself as such whenever people ask what race I am. My sisters on the other hand came out looking like Caucasians, so they identify themselves as "White". Race is composed of one's ethnic background, but it is also largely based on self-indentification as well, especially with those of mixed race.

Judaism may be a religion, but not all Jews practice Judaism. It is also a subpopulation descended from a common ancestor with it's own history and culture. While it's not a different race, much like hispanic culture vs hispanic race, it can occassionally give rise to confusion. As it is, they're all just boxes with labels on them anyway, however unfortunate that may be.

I know this post is a year old..but I just wanted to comment --

You make a good point Farmercyst. I am a Russian (actually Belarussian) Jew. Being "Jewish" is not only a religion, it is also a culture and different race back where I come from. I often hear "She's not Russian, she's Jewish." Russian Jews and Russian Russians are two very different things.

And this person is a jerk. :) What's up with the old Soviet/Communist thinking??