Caucasians of Sdn!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jessica525

I
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just thought I would start one up for us....

representin germany and france here

:cool:

Members don't see this ad.

Somebody, somewhere was bound to do this. While I understand the desire for the ethnic camraderie threads, they never really did make much sense to me when you start them in an already pretty small group of students. Nonetheless.

Caucasian mongrel representing.

I'm wondering if Caucasians are minority in the pharmacy world... It's definitely the case in California. I don't know if it's also the case in most other states?

Members don't see this ad :)
yeah, the ethnic threads are HILARIOUS to me...i really don't get them, but just had to make a caucasian one....solely due to curiousity of course ;)

glad to know there is one fellow caucasian out there lol

French and Indian representing baby.

the stats I have read show white being at 60% of pharmacy students, which means that there are nothing but white students in the northern central areas, like north and south dakota. But we are definately the minority in the south or coastal regions.

I am the color of snow, and am probably a mix of everything european.

WesternU Stats

Entering Class of 2007 Statistics

Ethnicity

African American 2
Asian/Pacific Islander 79
Hispanic 3
Native American 0
White/Non-Hispanic 33
Other/No Answer 3

Male 33
Female 87

I'd say White males are minority

WesternU Stats

Entering Class of 2007 Statistics

Ethnicity

African American 2
Asian/Pacific Islander 79
Hispanic 3
Native American 0
White/Non-Hispanic 33
Other/No Answer 3

Male 33
Female 87

I'd say White males are minority

At least at Western U anyway. Probably the case for most of California where "White/Non-hispanic" is the largest subpopulation, though not in the majority.

Im caucasian mutt as well!!!

:laugh: I never consider myself a minority but I suppose by statistics I am. I'm 50% mexican. My dad is full mexican and my mom is your basic mass of whatever caucasion means now. It depends on what I'm filling out if I put hispanic or not. :rolleyes: Overall though I consider myself caucasion. I'm not at all tan, the only thing even remotely mexican about me is my dark hair and eyes.

LOL @ this thread!

I am French Italian and born and raised in the South! I feel no need to research racial stats. I really couldnt care less, as long as I get a seat I am happy! (Which I am still waiting on I might add!)

From Russia with LOVE!!!:bow:

I stopped using the word Caucasian several years ago, because I'm not from the Caucus Mountains.

In my opinion, European-American is more appropriate or how about "[SIZE=-1]European Continental Ancestry Group"(you'll find this half-way down).

If you randomly pick any country from the Baltic area, it's probably within my ancestry; although, I'm mostly Lithuanian.
I'm as pasty as the actresses on the cover of Vanity Fair.
[/SIZE]

Members don't see this ad :)
I am also a Caucasian mutt of mostly German and Italian descent. Where is Caucasia anyways? Oh well, just another minority in the field of pharmacy.

My ancestors came from Austria, Poland, Russia, and England. A nice group of countries.

I can't help it but... I would have expected a more intelligent question out of you buddy :p
It's the Caucus Mountains. There is no Caucasia.

Really??? It was a stupid joke buddy. Go bother someone else.

I am probably the only real "caucasian" on this thread - my mom is Russian and my dad is from Azerbaijan located in the the Caucasus Mountains region. I've actually been there a couple times - it's pretty cool and the food is awesome !

3/4 polish, 1/4 russian, born and raised down under. I don't know what that makes me... but I guess it's close enough to caucasian :rolleyes:

:D
what's up my droop (i don't even know how to spell it)?

that's about the only russian thing my friend has taught me...mind you he's my best friend. sad huh?

That's such a shame - I speak pretty good english ( I think ) but I've managed to teach all my friends some Russian and my boyfriend now can actually speak - on a basic level but still speak. We went to the restaurant not too long ago - and there was a russian couple there cursing each other every name in the dictionary - he understood all of it, now that's sad. :D

there was a russian couple there cursing each other every name in the dictionary - he understood all of it, now that's sad. :D

Ah yes, the swear words always seem to be the ones we remember best aren't they...

haha this thread is great!:laugh:

Hello brothers and sisters!

whats up with all of these racial profiling threads...:rolleyes:

What kind of thread is this?:sleep:Who cares what race you are.

ummm... erase this? why because its a caucasian thread? i see the "black pharmacy threads" at over 4 or 5 pages and nothing ever gets erased..i dont really care for these thread either but if you allow one you should allow all!

ummm... erase this? why because its a caucasian thread? i see the "black pharmacy threads" at over 4 or 5 pages and nothing ever gets erased..i dont really care for these thread either but if you allow one you should allow all!

2nd that!

What kind of thread is this?:sleep:Who cares what race you are.

It's the satirical kind. For those of us that feel left out of the Korean, Indian (most recent ethnicity-related), Nigerian (older), etc threads. As mentioned above, I don't really care for them, but a little levity never killed anyone and given that it's interview/waitlist time, what the heck.

I know. It's soo hard being white these days. All the scrutiny, negativity, stereotypes like we can't play basketball or incapable of busting a move (dance). Gosh

Ha, labrat, I get to steal your line... I married a white woman, does that count?

I'm half caucasian by US law, but 100% according to anthropologists. Long ago, the US government wanted to keep a certain group from applying for citizenship, so they declared them non-caucasian.

Ha, labrat, I get to steal your line... I married a white woman, does that count?

I'm half caucasian by US law, but 100% according to anthropologists. Long ago, the US government wanted to keep a certain group from applying for citizenship, so they declared them non-caucasian.

What group would that be?

BTW....Did balloons fall from the ceiling for reaching the 1000 post mark?

I think Knickerbocker said he was half Desi and three generations removed or maybe it was just implied or maybe that's what I had assumed from his question. I remember having to look up what "Desi" meant.

Everybody loves a German boy
My heritage is strictly German as far back as I can trace on both sides of my family
I guess that's what happens when you come from a place where pretty much only Germans settled back in the day...

I think Knickerbocker said he was half Desi and three generations removed or maybe it was just implied or maybe that's what I had assumed from his question. I remember having to look up what "Desi" meant.

Yeah, you probably had to look up the Caucasus Mountains too.

Yeah, you probably had to look up the Caucasus Mountains too.
Nope. I already knew about it. It was openly discussed at a family Christmas Eve party. We had the globe out and everything.

In fact, my Geography professor was the one who lectured about it. That's where I learned that it was "a myth". Supposedly some geographer in the late 1800's came up with this theory that "white" people were decedents of an ethnic group who originated in the Caucus Mountains. I've done research here and there about it, and my professor's words are pretty accurate.

I stopped calling myself Caucasian before that though, because I thought it sounded silly. My ancestors were from Europe. Therefore, the most logical ethnicity in my opinion is European, not Caucasian.

BTW....Did balloons fall from the ceiling for reaching the 1000 post mark?

How talented of SDN to swing that!!!! Can you imagine the shock!:laugh:

I think he's talking about Native Americans...