Cash only OMT Clinic?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DocBuzzKill

Reaction score
Is having a cash only OMT clinic feasible? Do you think this would require a full FM/OMM residency and/or NMM/OMM fellowship? Or do you think you could do it after being licensed? (Licensed after 1-2 years of residency vs finishing board certification after 3-4 residency/fellowship). What other things should be considered before pursuing?

Members don't see this ad.

Anything is possible. But what would separate your practice, from say...a chiropractor? I honestly think that one of the things that patients like about osteopathy is that we can practice medicine...and we have the ability to do the chiropractic stuff as well.

You need a referral base...you have to figure out how that’s going to happen.

Is having a cash only OMT clinic feasible? Do you think this would require a full FM/OMM residency and/or NMM/OMM fellowship? Or do you think you could do it after being licensed? (Licensed after 1-2 years of residency vs finishing board certification after 3-4 residency/fellowship). What other things should be considered before pursuing?
According to my OMM/OMT faculty colleagues, yes, especially is a well-to-do suburb, like Great Neck or Scarsdale.

I know this guy in So Cal that only did internship then opened solo private practice OMM clinic in Santa Monica. He makes about a million or so a year seeing celebrities and other rich people. It's not only entirely feasible (depending on the area), but it's a great gig if you want an easy life with tons of money

Reactions: 2 users
I know this guy in So Cal that only did internship then opened solo private practice OMM clinic in Santa Monica. He makes about a million or so a year seeing celebrities and other rich people. It's not only entirely feasible (depending on the area), but it's a great gig if you want an easy life with tons of money
Cheaper overhead than a Derm clinic too!