Cardiothoracic Anesthesiology Fellowship 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone sharing where they are going?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone sharing where they are going?

I'm staying at the same place I'm doing critical care. You?

Heard only 3 programs didn't fill. Compared to 24 in the CCA match.

I kept hearing how competitive this year was, I'm surprised any prrograms went unfilled at all.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I'm doing critical care at my home place but leaving for cardiac.

Yeah, it's obnoxious but each program that asked me for additional information contacted me via email with specifics as well. Some websites weren't up to date.

Be sure to have official reports from ITE, MSPE Deans Letter, copy of diploma, USMLE reports. Thankfully my residency program already had most of this stuff.
When you say official reports with regards to the ITE and USMLE report, do you means that are stamped/embossed from the USMLE/ABA or are the downloaded copies of the reports okay? Also, this is a little early for this cycle, but for letter writer do you just send them a link so they can do the submission electronically. Or do you have to print out that form and then mail it in to SF match with your letter.

Also, with the MSPE I just need to contact my med school and just have them submit the to the individual school that require them?

Last edited:
When you say official reports with regards to the ITE and USMLE report, do you means that are stamped/embossed from the USMLE/ABA or are the downloaded copies of the reports okay? Also, this is a little early for this cycle, but for letter writer do you just send them a link so they can do the submission electronically. Or do you have to print out that form and then mail it in to SF match with your letter.

Also, with the MSPE I just need to contact my med school and just have them submit the to the individual school that require them?

It's been a little bit, but SF Match is a little more lenient than ERAS. I think I just sent in copies of the score sheet that were in my residency program's files. It takes a while for them to process it (like a couple weeks) so gather the stuff early, and just two years ago they didn't accept electronic submission so I UPS'ed it cross country to get applications out. I think letter writers have to send a paper copy to SF Match as well? I might have had to have the letters all together in signed envelopes with my other stuff. I remember it being a pain in the neck.

Only like one or two programs required the MSPE, but I definitely just used the copy my residency had - the programs that wanted that accepted it electronically.