Cardiology fellowship application 2020-2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congratulations to those that matched!

For those of you that didn't and are interested in a cardiac hospitalist position to re-apply, message me. Ochsner has an opening for next year but it doesn't support J-1 visa.
how helpful are these cardiac hospitalist positions on reapplications?

Members don't see this ad.

how helpful are these cardiac hospitalist positions on reapplications?
It depends on the program specifically. Ochsner has a program for over 5 years. Each class for the past 3 years has taken at least 1 hospitalist into the fellowship and some get fellowships at other programs. Definitely not all hospitalists get a fellowship spot though.

Congratulations on those who matched!

What programs have 1-year heart failure fellowship as PGY4?

Members don't see this ad :)

Congratulations to everyone who matched! This forum has been so helpful for me. :)

Pretty sure those don't exist anymore as heart failure is now ACGME recognized and requires a cardiology fellowship.

congratulations to everyone who matched! I matched at my number 1, first-time applicant! Community IM program with Uni affiliation, PGY-3 chief resident, IMG no visa requirement, scores: 240s-250s, Publications 25 + including PubMed indexed pubs, abstracts, conference papers and research awards. I got 25 interviews but attended 22 and ranked 22. Everyone said that I couldn't especially being an IMG and at a community program without inhouse fellowships, navigating through the pandemic. This achievement feels good :) This forum helped a lot, thank you!

Reactions: 1 users