Can I talk about sexual assault for a personal challenge I overcame in my secondaries

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

allezlesbleus10

Reaction score
Hi,

I've been going back and forth on this wondering whether it would be alright for me to talk about my sexual assault in my secondaries. I know a lot of schools ask you to describe a challenge you faced and overcame and I wanted to get some input on whether I can talk about SA. There is a lot of stigma surrounding it, so I was unsure as to whether ADCOMs would look at this unfavorably.

Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
It won't be looked at unfavorably, but you need to understand it could be fair game in interviews. Make sure you are careful in how you approach this topic and anything that triggers you. You may want to be sure about confidential counseling and support groups at the schools on your list.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Hi,

I've been going back and forth on this wondering whether it would be alright for me to talk about my sexual assault in my secondaries. I know a lot of schools ask you to describe a challenge you faced and overcame and I wanted to get some input on whether I can talk about SA. There is a lot of stigma surrounding it, so I was unsure as to whether ADCOMs would look at this unfavorably.

Thanks in advance!
Have people you trust proofread it so it is worded the best way it can be.

Reactions: 2 users
Hi,

Thanks in advance!
Very sorry to hear of this. It's more common that you may think, sadly, and so it will be OK to discuss.

Reactions: 2 users