Medical Can I comfortably apply to EDP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goro

Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
After 2 failed cycles as an international student (Canada), I've lost a huge portion of my self esteem of not getting an interview in the US. I've applied to many Canadian/international friendly schools but no interviews. Application has been reviewed by many people and looks good. My gpa is 3.94, with a 3.85 for my fourth year, third MCAT score is 513 with 125 CARS. Tons on volunteering and research, will be completing my masters in Winter 2022. LORs all stellar, but none from doctors, just professors and volunteer staff. I want to apply to the EDP program of a specific school with avg stats of 3.75/510, to show them I'm really interested to go there. I do want to go the school as I have family members in nearby states, but have no specific connections. Would it be worthwhile to apply EDP in my situation? Plus money is tight these days, so I'm looking to save but same time, not the biggest factor. I'm well over their stats, but I feel as if they keep rejecting me because they think I'm not serious? I applied late during my first cycle and then my second cycle I applied first week of application opening.
Not with a 513 score and a 125 CARS, I'm afraid.

Try the 14ish DO schools that take Canadians, particularly UNECOM and MSUCOM

Members don't see this ad.

It’s not that they think you’re not serious, your stats just have to be really high as a Canadian applicant.

If money is tight trying EDP isn’t a terrible idea. But if that’s unsuccessful definitely consider DO for next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.