California Northstate University College of Pharmacy (CNUCOP) C/O 2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Heard back today from my interview on 4/19 through email. Put on the waitlist. Good luck to everyone else!

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone heard back from the April interview about the results yet? The last interview looks like it's going to be on May. So the waitlisted applicants like me won't get any update until the May interview is over? It's been almost 3 weeks since I got my waitlist notice. I know it's too early to expect any update on the waitlist, but i just need some kinds of information..........D:
They accepted me via email in exactly 1 week.

Thanks a lot for the info. May I ask which private loan did you apply? The only option for me is Edsouth b/c they don't require co-signer, but the maximum amount to borrow is just 55k, not enough for the cost of attendance. :(

My credit score is right under the requirement for the loans without a cosigner. I applied for iHELP with a cosigner.

Well think about this. Tuition is $45,629.00. Plus other fees will is ~$46K right. If you look, they put in $21,985.00 for room and board and $4,011.00 for transportation. I'm sure you can live on a budget with the $55K and not spend $ on gas or car insurance. Work nights/weekends, apply for scholarships, and MAKE IT HAPPEN. $ is not an end of the road sign but a speed bump. Besides, when we get accreditation, you can apply for federal aid :) Keep looking on the bright side of things:xf:

Members don't see this ad :)
OH NO! They extended the final deadline to 5/15?!?! Why would they want more applicants! Just take me instead, i know i can handle the pharmacy school :cry:

Lol, I turned my supplemental application in last night. I'm going to USC anyways but I felt obligated to send something in anyways since I paid the $75 a long time ago and the committee will have to read my application to earn it.

Hi, i interviewed for Northstate on late March, and just got the e-mail that i'm waitlisted. I am so disappointed, especially after thinking i did pretty well @ the interview. Any person interviewed on March? How did you guys do?

As for the waitlist, what should i do? the e-mail doesnt say anything on me bing on the "high" waitlist. does that mean i'm not likely to get in? I was so excited about this school, and now i feeling really low. i might have to reapply for 2018.

Same here, I had an interview on March 22. I'm waitlisted also. I wonder what is the chance of getting accepted? I love the school setting, TBL is very interesting learning method. Should I start the loan application because the email suggest to do so. Thanks

Well at least from the way I take it, the school extended the application deadline because there are not enough applicants? it should be good for us. I heard the only about 10-15 people are accepted from each interview session, which makes sense because the class size is about 100 and there are 8 interview sessions, i think.......

From the last year's post, some people got accepted between May and June. I don't know the percentage they represent from the entire pool, but the school sent the e-mail on May that they are starting to go over the waitlist pool. I don't know about others, but I haven't got any e-mail from the school since the waitlist notice from the interview, so i suspect the school hasn't started to check the waitlist option yet.

The school says the process will begin on Late June on the webpage. I've been praying every day, Please CNCP just take me!!!!!

There were also technical difficulties with the supplemental application site so they extended the deadline.

I totally feel your pain. All of us waitlisted people do. But just hang tight! June will roll around soon!

Well at least from the way I take it, the school extended the application deadline because there are not enough applicants? it should be good for us. I heard the only about 10-15 people are accepted from each interview session, which makes sense because the class size is about 100 and there are 8 interview sessions, i think.......

From the last year's post, some people got accepted between May and June. I don't know the percentage they represent from the entire pool, but the school sent the e-mail on May that they are starting to go over the waitlist pool. I don't know about others, but I haven't got any e-mail from the school since the waitlist notice from the interview, so i suspect the school hasn't started to check the waitlist option yet.

The school says the process will begin on Late June on the webpage. I've been praying every day, Please CNCP just take me!!!!!

l'm praying everyday too =( did you apply any other school?

Waitlisted, then rejected eventaully by the other schools. I'm trying to apply for the Touro's master program, but i'm not sure of it since the only advantage of the program is the guaranteed interview by Touro Pharmacy if you maintain 3.0 GPA.

Say the worst of all, I get rejected by CNCP and apply this year again, the PharmCAS is not going to have much information on my master program other than the classes i'll be taking. I got interview from Touro w/o any graduate courses anyway. But i might as well try since the application fee is covered by the school.

which group were you in, twik? I think I was in the blue grp, the interview being the last step pf the day.

Touro also suggested me to apply for their master degree. They only guaranteed interview if you maintain 3.0 GPA, I gonna pass that offer because it's a waste of money. I'd interview with Touro, the year before and was on waitlisted. I don't know why they didn't offer me an interview this yr =( I was in the green group, first group got interview of the day. I just had an interview last week with West Coast Uni in LA. It's a new school but it seem very promising.
Hopefully we get accepted by CNCP.

are you going to join the West Coast? I didn't apply there because it didn't look promising at all.

I think i will if they accepted me. Still waiting for their response, sometimes this week

Ppl actually applied to west coast? Doesn't look good at all lol

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Has anyone applied for the ed south loan and heard back from them yet?

No, should I start applying for loans?

I don't know =/ .In the email they said we should start on the loan application, I don't want to start the application until I know I get accepted for sure

Members don't see this ad :)
Is the May interview done yet? Has anyone received any updates on the waitlist yet?

I had my interview on 4/19, and was put on the high waitlist on 5/7. Then, I got a call and email on the 28th indicating my acceptance. I am withdrawing my acceptance though so good luck! :)

I had my interview on 4/19, and was put on the high waitlist on 5/7. Then, I got a call and email on the 28th indicating my acceptance. I am withdrawing my acceptance though so good luck! :)

hmm...that is very interesting... I email them to ask what is my ranking in the waitlisted. They said they don't release the rank =( haven't heard back from them yet. Probably I am in the low alternate waitlisted

You asked them the ranking?!?! You're not supposed to do that. The School webpage clearly mentions that any attempt of waitlist update request may jeopardize your chance for not following the direction.

I email them right after I got the waitlisted email. It was long ago. Hopefully that doesn't effect my position. They said they would withdraw you if you didn't follow the direction. =(

I really hope both of us get in. I honestly don't see myself having a better chance of getting into a pharmacy school next year.

Same here but my friends encourage me not to give up. She had a same interview day with us, she is on waitlisted also but she just got accepted to South College Pharmacy in TN. School starts in 06/27, acceleration program. She told me to retake PCAT and apply to South if I don't get in CNSU

When they sent the email regarding being waitlisted the first paragraph said, "Your status has been changed to “Waitlist” on the PharmCas portal, as a result of this decision. "

But the next paragraph said, "As a ‘high’ waitlisted candidate, we would like to prepare you, in the likely case you are offered acceptance."

Furthermore the website indicates, "We rank the wait list in two categories: high wait list and wait list. We do not provide a specific number within these categories."

Hope that clarifies some confusion. :)

When they sent the email regarding being waitlisted the first paragraph said, "Your status has been changed to “Waitlist” on the PharmCas portal, as a result of this decision. "

But the next paragraph said, "As a ‘high’ waitlisted candidate, we would like to prepare you, in the likely case you are offered acceptance."

Furthermore the website indicates, "We rank the wait list in two categories: high wait list and wait list. We do not provide a specific number within these categories."

Hope that clarifies some confusion. :)

Thank you for the clarification. lolz...I am on the wait list then...probably less likely to get offer.

That paragraph in my email says, "As a wait list candidate, there is a strong chance you could be offered a seat during this admission cycle. The offer may occur at any point, up to the week of orientation."

Looks like I'm not on the high waitlist. Well at least this is an easy way to tell what waitlist you are on.

From the last year's post, some people got accepted between May and June.

I got pulled off the waitlist and offered a seat in late July...when I was already packing to move to another pharmacy school :laugh:

I got pulled off the waitlist and offered a seat in late July...when I was already packing to move to another pharmacy school :laugh:

Were you on high wait list or just regular wait list?

That paragraph in my email says, "As a wait list candidate, there is a strong chance you could be offered a seat during this admission cycle. The offer may occur at any point, up to the week of orientation."

Looks like I'm not on the high waitlist. Well at least this is an easy way to tell what waitlist you are on.

Here is mine. " Notification will be sent to all wait list candidates once the class has reached full capacity, and those not accepted will have their PharmCas admission status changed to deny. This typically occurs after the first week of classes. If this does occur, we highly recommend you strengthen your application and reapply during the next application period. In the past, many wait list candidates who have done this have successfully gained admission. ."

I guess I should give up now and reapply next year :(

Were you on high wait list or just regular wait list?

Regular wait list

Look at this way...being stuck on the wait list here and potentially being pulled off late isn't a particularly bad thing. Accreditation results come out sometime this month, and you'll know for sure if this school will be standing or not for fall semester. I guess...a blessing in disguise?

I guess I should give up now and reapply next year :(

Like I said, I was pulled off the regular wait list in LATE July...no need to throw your hands up in the air quite yet.

Oh Did you Eventaully join CNCP or just went for the school you originally planned for?

I went for the school I originally planned for.

Also, I went back into my e-mail archives, and found my acceptance letter. It was literally near the end of July. Here's a screen shot of my letter:

Northstate.jpg

Dont worry too much yet, Im on the high waitlist and I still havent heard back from them yet.

I know a couple of people that was low wait listed and got accepted, but i do understand why there is a bit of a concern of acceptance now vs then because of accreditation. Keep in mind that you have not been rejected so there is still a chance. And there are probably people that will give up their seats for various reasons so stay positive and besides worst case senerio if rejection occurs at least you know what to expect giving you the upper hand so you could strengthen your application if you chose to apply again! Best of luck!!!

Hi Everyone,
My name is Shaghayegh Nikki Tareh. I go by Nikki. I'm a second year student at California Northstate University College of Pharmacy. I created a Facebook page for those accepted students so you can get to know each other a lil bit and also ask questions if you have any and I, along with some of my classmates or even 3rd year students can assist in answering any of your questions to the best of our abilities. The name of the page is:
California Northstate University College of Pharmacy, Class of 2017

Hope this helps,

Thank you

Nikki

Which school would you go, California Northstate College of Pharmacy or University of New England, if you got accepted from both? and Why?

Which school would you go, California Northstate College of Pharmacy or University of New England, if you got accepted from both? and Why?

It depends on what learning environment is suitable for you. At the end of the day all pharmacy schools are required to teach students the same information as required by the board of pharmacy. If you want a traditional learning environment where the professor lectures and you dont enteract with your classmates on the level of team based learning then New England is the school to be. Im sure it has other qualifications that may be suitable for you but in my case I wanted to try something new (even though i was accepted into a school with a traditional learning environment). Some people like the "every man for himself" style of learning. At Northstate you have to do your part because you do 30% of your classwork, exams, and assignments as a team, and you have the 70% individual component. In a way you develop automatic friendships because from the first day you are grouped with your classmates and you have an assignment where get to know them (to possibly form a bond:)) Oh and Northstate as you know is a small stand alone school so everyone knows everyone you wont be just a face in the crowd. :)

Last edited:

If I were you, I would just wait until ACPE results come out before pondering between the two schools. We are now just weeks away until finding out if either of them will get full accreditation.

It depends on what learning environment is suitable for you. At the end of the day all pharmacy schools are required to teach students the same information as required by the board of pharmacy. If you want a traditional learning environment where the professor lectures and you dont enteract with your classmates on the level of team based learning then New England is the school to be. Im sure it has other qualifications that may be suitable for you but in my case I wanted to try something new (even though i was accepted into a school with a traditional learning environment). Some people like the "every man for himself" style of learning. At Northstate you have to do your part because you do 30% of your classwork, exams, and assignments as a team, and you have the 70% individual component. In a way you develop automatic friendships because from the first day you are grouped with your classmates and you have an assignment where get to know them (to possibly form a bond:)) Oh and Northstate as you know is a small stand alone school so everyone knows everyone you wont be just a face in the crowd. :)

Thank you:)

If I were you, I would just wait until ACPE results come out before pondering between the two schools. We are now just weeks away until finding out if either of them will get full accreditation.

But the deadline to pay the seat commitment fee for these two schools is next week. Do you know the specific date that ACPE will release the result?

But the deadline to pay the seat commitment fee for these two schools is next week. Do you know the specific date that ACPE will release the result?

None of us know....we will all find out around the same time:xf::xf::xf::xf::xf:

Hi Everyone,
My name is Shaghayegh Nikki Tareh. I go by Nikki. I'm a second year student at California Northstate University College of Pharmacy. I created a Facebook page for those accepted students so you can get to know each other a lil bit and also ask questions if you have any and I, along with some of my classmates or even 3rd year students can assist in answering any of your questions to the best of our abilities. The name of the page is:
California Northstate University College of Pharmacy, Class of 2017

Hope this helps,

Thank you

Nikki

Hello Everyone,

My name is Dhruv Bhakta and I'm also a second year student at CNCP. Thank you Nikki for making the facebook page for them. It's very nice of you! :) That was a very good idea. I encourage everyone of you to join as it is a very useful tool to get to know each other. It helped our class tremendously. Goodluck everyone!

And what time is that? And where can we find that info? Acpe website!

what student loan program do you prefer to apply?
borrow money from the student loan companies listed on the school website, or from other banks? and why?

Last edited:
what student loan program do you prefer to apply?
borrow money from the student loan companies listed on the school website, or from other banks? and why?

Which ever one has the lowest intrest rate, lend the most money, or both. You have to do your own research to find the one that is best suited for you because they are all based on credit scores and some require you to have a co-signer! Hope this helps :)

Last edited:
Which ever one has the lowest intrest rate, lend the most money, or both. You have to do your own research to find the one that is best suited for you because they are all based on credit scores and some require you to have a co-signer! Hope this helps :)

I see:) Thanks~

I'm guessing it will be next week. ACPE Board of Directors Meeting is going on right now: https://www.acpe-accredit.org/meetings/default.asp

Something tells me they'll have an update Monday or Tuesday on their website.

How convenient that those two schools have deadlines right before the results come out :rolleyes:

I was expecting an e-mail that CNCP has started to go over the waitlisted applicants, but nothing so far:-/

Well i know they did their last interview session the last week in May. So they are probably working on those applicants as well. But understand that removal from the waiting list occurs throughout, so dont be suprised if you hear something soon.

My brother in law had his interview in May, waitlisted, then got pull from the list last week. They have begun going through the waiting list.

Anybody have any update on the 2013 ACPE accreditation result? The school should have it in their hands by this time.

Anybody have any update on the 2013 ACPE accreditation result? The school should have it in their hands by this time.

They probably know the results by now! UMES school of pharmacy already posted their results. So we are also hoping for the best (of course).:xf::xf:

They probably know the results by now! UMES school of pharmacy already posted their results. So we are also hoping for the best (of course).:xf::xf:

And where would the results be posted? On their website, ACPE, pharmcas?...