California Northstate University College of Medicine(CNUCOM): Avoid this school at all costs!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
In a different thread a student has shared a letter from the college president, a pharmacist. The letter is signed with the title "Dr.". The prefix is also used below the name without any mention that the individual is Pharm.D.
There are many situations in which the use of an honorific is acceptable.
The use of the MD in any ambiguous or clinical setting would not be.
Even PhDs (who are otherwise called "Dr." at the medical school in a classroom setting) may not be addressed as "Dr." in our hospital in the earshot of patients or their families.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Appears that LCME did not have the heart to revoke accreditation. Probationary status has been extended for another year.

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Appears that LCME did not have the heart to revoke accreditation. Probationary status has been extended for another year.
If only they had the heart to save applicants from becoming matriculants.

Last edited:
  • Love
2023 Match: 5 Anesthesia, 9 gen surg, 1 of ENT, optho, plastics, and ortho. We'll see how they do after PF step 1 next month, there match is legit

Cal Northstate has been extended in Probationary Status for another year:

Edit: They are the only school in the Provisional, on Probation status. There are three other schools that are in Full, on Probation status.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

Edit: They are the only school in this status.
There are 3 other schools on probation at present:
LSU Shreveport
Albert Einstein
Meharry

These schools had previously reached Full Accreditation before being placed on probation,
whereas Northstate is still at the Provisional Accreditation level.

There are 3 other schools on probation at present:
LSU Shreveport
Albert Einstein
Meharry

Theses schools had previously reached Full Accreditation before being placed on probation,
whereas Northstate is still at the Provisional Accreditation level.
Yes, I've clarified! A few schools moved from Preliminary to Provisional accreditation as well.

Edit: They are the only school in the Provisional, on Probation status. There are three other schools that are in Full, on Probation status.
They had a full year to get thier act together, but couldn't pull that off????????

They had a full year to get thier act together, but couldn't pull that off????????
Since the previous LCME visit they have lost faculty with academic credentials & are now awash with ex Kaiser physicians.

About 20% of the Class of 2024 did not match & had to apply for unfilled positions through the SOAP. This is the highest in the school's short history.

• Wow
About 20% of the Class of 2024 did not match & had to apply for unfilled positions through the SOAP. This is the highest in the school's short history.
On the CNU Match 2024 website, I noticed that not all the symbols on the map are, well, matching in the list given (for example, IR and DR).

Sloppy or just dishonest?

On the CNU Match 2024 website, I noticed that not all the symbols on the map are, well, matching in the list given (for example, IR and DR).

Sloppy or just dishonest?
Given that the list is alphabetical and cuts off after Psychiatry, my money is on sloppy.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Where did you get that info? This is the only school I was accepted to this cycle and Im considering reapplying due to all the recent news...

I can confirm the above information as well as I have received direct messages from current CNUCOM individuals. If any other current CNUCOM individuals want to deny what I am about to post, you are welcome to do so.

For this 2024 match: about 23-25 students (around 20% of the class) did not match on Monday and were forced to SOAP.

I found another intriguing statistic. Here is a tracker of the CNUCOM's match rates from 2021-2024 (accessible on CNUCOM's website):
98.9% (2021) --> 98% (2022) --> 97% (2023) --> 95% (2024)

• Wow
I can confirm the above information as well as I have received direct messages from current CNUCOM individuals. If any other current CNUCOM individuals want to deny what I am about to post, you are welcome to do so.

For this 2024 match: about 23-25 students (around 20% of the class) did not match on Monday and were forced to SOAP.

I found another intriguing statistic. Here is a tracker of the CNUCOM's match rates from 2021-2024 (accessible on CNUCOM's website):
98.9% (2021) --> 98% (2022) --> 97% (2023) --> 95% (2024)
Disproportionate to the decrease in overall match percentage is the increase in matches through the SOAP.

This year's primary match rate would have been a lot worse had it not been for the mentoring of one neurologist which led to 13 students matching in neurology & 1 in neurosurgery.

• Hmm
Reactions: 4 users