Reapplying with an A from CNUCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

scullybean

Reaction score
Hello, I hope someone can help me.

I got an A from CNUCOM and was excited to go (even after hearing about all the iffy stuff going on over there) but I just learned that I do not qualify for any of the private loans since my family cannot cosign for me.

I have heard that reapplying with an A is really bad, but does it make any difference if it was not my choice to not attend? I was essentially told I cannot go because my family is not rich and cannot afford to cosign or pay cash on my tuition. I feel like this school may have ruined my future of becoming a doctor...

Members don't see this ad.

I think this is probably one of the only exceptions to the rule tbh. Def get a second opinion though.

Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I withdrew from CNUCOM as my only acceptance last cycle. After learning about the financial aid situation post-secondary, I was already shaky, and then the probation rating came out and I just couldn't imagine matriculating anymore.

I have not had to disclose this information outside of some secondaries. If asked, I will share my logic, and if that's enough for a different school to rescind, fine. Your reason for re-applying is much sounder.

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
Go to CNSU if it is your only MD A. I would pick CNSU over any DO school.

• Dislike
Reactions: 1 user
Go to CNSU if it is your only MD A. I would pick CNSU over any DO school.
Isn't there risk that your opportunites get screwed over though, as opposed to a stable DO school that will guarentee you a position as a doctor?

Isn't there risk that your opportunites get screwed over though, as opposed to a stable DO school that will guarentee you a position as a doctor?
The risk is high and the reputation is abysmal.

Throw a dart at a list of the state DO schools and you'll be safer, happier, and have better career prospect at literally wherever that dart lands.

Reactions: 2 users