California Northstate Fall 2010 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
did they call you guys on your home phone or cell phone?

Members don't see this ad.

Lol, no, not my family. Anyway, anyone knows how much is the deposit at CNCP

Members don't see this ad :)
I have an interview on Oct 30th from 8am - 1pm.
I am planning to drive there.

can we park there for free?
thanks

Last edited:
I finalize my interview on Oct 30th on 10:30am. Driving from Santa Barbara! Hope to meet you guys there

I had my interview recently and saw lots of parking spaces available. It all free:)!

Nope, regular decision for CNCP. I think 10/30 is the earliest for regular decision

I just declined an interview invite so hopefully there is room for someone else to interview on the 30th.

To KOgeKao: did you get accepted to where else?
When did you guys submit your supplemental?
I submitted my on sep 21

northstate decided to send me a supplemental (thank heavens!) last week on 10/14/09; i had an exam that week and couldnt finish and mail it out until yesterday (tuesday 10/20/09); i sent it using express mail and should be there today; i know interview date and times have already been sent out; will they be able to screen and review my supplemental in time for me to receive an interview on the 30th? I tried calling/emailing but they haven't responded (clearly they are busy prepping for the interviews);

do you guys know if i turned in my secondary in time for this upcoming interview session or should i be expecting one when it picks up again in late January?

hi for those who got an interview on the 30th, have you received their email?
They called me yesterday and told me that they would send me an email for detailed interview information. But I still haven't gotten their email yet.

Members don't see this ad :)
northstate decided to send me a supplemental (thank heavens!) last week on 10/14/09; i had an exam that week and couldnt finish and mail it out until yesterday (tuesday 10/20/09); i sent it using express mail and should be there today; i know interview date and times have already been sent out; will they be able to screen and review my supplemental in time for me to receive an interview on the 30th? I tried calling/emailing but they haven't responded (clearly they are busy prepping for the interviews);

do you guys know if i turned in my secondary in time for this upcoming interview session or should i be expecting one when it picks up again in late January?

Well, I was going to reschedule my interview cuz I have like midterm on that day, but she said the next interview would be late January. She said I have better chance of getting in if I go to the earlier interview. So I am afraid you have to wait till the January :(

Hello everyone, i will be flying up to sacramento from so cal, and probably going to have to rent a car. But the prices for rental car by the airport is ridiculous, so i was wonderin if anybody had any ideas or tips to save some dough on that part??:)

Hi guys or girls,
My interview is Oct 30th, 8am. See you there! Let's work together!!!!

Hello everyone, i will be flying up to sacramento from so cal, and probably going to have to rent a car. But the prices for rental car by the airport is ridiculous, so i was wonderin if anybody had any ideas or tips to save some dough on that part??:)

I am driving up from socal haha. Well the only way to save is to take the shuttle from the airport which is a lot cheaper than renting a car or taking a taxi.

I hope to see you guys there, I'll be there Thursday night, let me know if you want to meet up.

I just received a call from the admissions office offering me an acceptance. I interviewed on 10/9 as part of the early admissions. Good luck to those going to the 10/30 interview.

I just received a call from the admissions office offering me an acceptance. I interviewed on 10/9 as part of the early admissions. Good luck to those going to the 10/30 interview.

nice looks like we will be classmates .... you might have been sitting next to me during the 10/9 interview lol.....

nice looks like we will be classmates .... you might have been sitting next to me during the 10/9 interview lol.....

Hey gratz to you. We very well could've been. See you in the Fall.

Just received a call from Lisa for interview. I had a choice between January 22 and October 30. Of course I chose October 30. Kind of short noticed, but I am not complaining for this opportunity. Hopefully, I will see some of you guys around.

Did any regular applicants receive supplemental apps yet? I submitted my pharmcas in early Sept. and I didn't get a supplemental yet.

I am thrilled, just got an interview invite today. See you all on Friday!
:thumbup:

Last edited:
When was the deadline?

Last edited:
Though im excited about the interview invite, one part of me is feeling kinda iffy regarding the financial aid situation due to their pre-candidate accreditation status. anybody else feel the same way??

Did anyone get an interview invitation email? I remember Lisa said I would receive an email, but I didn't. Anyone did?
yes, the money is a probelm. When can it get accreditted? 2012 when the first class graduates? I am thinking about paying cash for the 1st year, refinancing my house for the 2nd year, and loan for 3rd and 4th.

Did anyone get an interview invitation email? I remember Lisa said I would receive an email, but I didn't. Anyone did?

Yea I got the email. Lisa called me this morning, but I did not receive the confirmation email until 4pm.

yes, the money is a probelm. When can it get accreditted? 2012 when the first class graduates? I am thinking about paying cash for the 1st year, refinancing my house for the 2nd year, and loan for 3rd and 4th.

yea, i got the confirmation from Lisa not long after i talked to her, maybe half hour at most? im also in the same boat as everyone, worrying about their accreditation...does anyone here know the chances of them getting it, not getting it, or the chances of past schools that have failed to get accreditation?

those of you that are gonna be in Sacramento by next thursday for the interview session, where are u all staying at?? and do most of you intend on taking the shuttle or renting a car?? taxi??

Though im excited about the interview invite, one part of me is feeling kinda iffy regarding the financial aid situation due to their pre-candidate accreditation status. anybody else feel the same way??

You guys have to understand that it's not ACPE accreditation that determines whether a school gets federal loans or not..It is regional accreditation that determines that, which is WASC in northstate's case. A school can have pre-candidate or candidate status and still receive federal loans if it has REGIONAL accreditation. WASC had an on-site evaluation last week to determine if they can move our regional accreditation to candidate status..which is independent of ACPE candidate status.

Are you sure it's Lisa? I checked their staff contact information on their website, didn't find a Lisa. I have to call Gail. I still didn't get the email confirmation.

those of you that are gonna be in Sacramento by next thursday for the interview session, where are u all staying at?? and do most of you intend on taking the shuttle or renting a car?? taxi??

Gonna drive up there, probably stay in the hotel around it like La quinta

I received the confirm email from Northstate and also they said that they are going to send me an assignment on Monday or Tuesday prior Friday Oct, 30th. What is it? Anybody has an idea?

I received the confirm email from Northstate and also they said that they are going to send me an assignment on Monday or Tuesday prior Friday Oct, 30th. What is it? Anybody has an idea?

Don't know if they'll change the reading article given out at the interview but mine was a description of of the characters from the tv sitcom Cheers.

P.S.

They'll probably send you the Informational Brochure for Admissions which can also be found on the school's website.

Last edited:
oh man, i hope its something similar to that this year, that would be a fun assignment haha

I submitted my app on August 1, and haven't heard either. I wouldn't read too much into it tho -- they have a lot of apps to go through.

I have an interview at CNCP on 10/30 too =)

I have an interview on Oct 30th from 8am - 1pm.
I am planning to drive there.

thanks

Parking is free...it just a regular parking space, I did not see any meters when I visited for open house!

I have an interview 10/30 8am-1pm too !!! :D

oh man, i hope its something similar to that this year, that would be a fun assignment haha

My apologies, forgot to mention my interview was on 10/9. I was an early applicant. Good luck on your interview!

Last edited:
For those of you going to CNCP's interview this friday,
i didn't receive the TBL exercise info that we were supposed to get yet. did anybody else got it already?? i'm kind of getting worried...:confused:

For those of you going to CNCP's interview this friday,
i didn't receive the TBL exercise info that we were supposed to get yet. did anybody else got it already?? i'm kind of getting worried...:confused:

me neither, it should be here prolly later afternoon or tuesday, if not then its their fault

Gosh! That article is not fun. See you on Friday! We have to work hard to get our group answers.

Gosh! That article is not fun. See you on Friday! We have to work hard to get our group answers.

yea, wat the heck happened to a sitcom article, not cool

hey, guys. i got my interview on the same day at 10 30 am. just got the article from lisa. not sure if it's the same thing, but it's definitely not sitcom characters. see you all there.

hey, guys. i got my interview on the same day at 10 30 am. just got the article from lisa. not sure if it's the same thing, but it's definitely not sitcom characters. see you all there.

Hi everyone! I will be there on Friday Oct 30 too. For those who are going to be attending the 10:30 interview, the paper you received is on gout right?

The reason why I ask is because Lisa send out the paper, but she recall the email soon after. The 2nd email had the same paper... So I am a little confused and hope that I have the right paper.