Calculate GPA for the year?

Well lots of B's might be a slight exaggeration. I probably had about a 50/50 spread of A's and B's my freshman and sophomore year. Unweighted was about a 3.4.

This year I had all A's except one B- (physics...) and an A- (also physics...). That brought my GPA up quite a bit.

I was wrong on the ranking. 80/423, even better. :rolleyes:

You are still top quarter anyway. No worries :thumbup:.

Members don't see this ad.

Ha, tired, so short explanation A, A-, B+, B, B-, etc :)

Is your scale out of 4 Crazyday? Do you have A+= 4.3? That's crazy that a 4.6 is 80/450. I had a little above a 4.3 and was 10/800 (A's in APs = 5.0) but we didn't have A+s. I guess all schools do it differently though, I know ours started using a different scale after my class graduated due to some complication.

Ha, tired, so short explanation A, A-, B+, B, B-, etc :)

Is your scale out of 4 Crazyday? Do you have A+= 4.3? That's crazy that a 4.6 is 80/450. I had a little above a 4.3 and was 10/800 (A's in APs = 5.0) but we didn't have A+s. I guess all schools do it differently though, I know ours started using a different scale after my class graduated due to some complication.

I wish our A+ was 4.3, but that would actually probably make it worse on the inflation.

Our scale is out of 4, but if you take 4 weighted classes your fresh soph and junior yrs, with 3 your senior yr, you get a 5.0 scale (A = 5, B = 4, C = 3..).

The reason why it sucks is because APs are rated the same as the weighted blowoff classes. Spanish 3, 4, 5, and 6 are all weighted classes at my school and they are pretty much extremely easy to get an A in. There's other weighted classes (specifically economics classes) that have teachers that don't care and give out easy A's.

On the other hand, you have the AP classes taught by teachers with masters degrees that make their classes hard as hell (except AP psych, but I didn't cash in on that), but an A in that is ranked the same as an A in the easy weighted courses. And it doesn't matter if you take 6 weighted courses, a person who only takes 4 has the same 5.0 scale.

So I kind of screwed off my freshman and sophomore years, made a C and 6 or so B's, the rest B+'s and A-'s/A's, ended up with a 4.3-4.4 before junior year (in mostly honors classes mind you). Come out of junior year with a 4.6 (with 6 hard, weighted classes). With a 4.3 I wasn't even top 30%. Now I'm barely in top 25%. I might be able to hit top 10% with a 4.7-4.8, but I doubt it (which is pretty ridiculous to say the least).

And about 3-4% of our class is graduating as valedictorians. What's the point of even being a valedictorian if 11 other people are too?

Wow, that's crazy how your regular classes get weighted for just taking a few weighted classes that aren't even APs. Interesting.