Cal Northstate c/o 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
i also got an interview on jan 30th
yay

Members don't see this ad.

So, I got an interview invite for the January 30th interview date. Where do you fly into, which city?? Sacramento? Where is the college in relation to where you fly into? Thanks for the info!!

You should fly to Sacramento International Airport. From there you can take shuttle or rent a car to get to school. It takes roughly 1/2 hour.

Got an interview invite today too, thinking I might decline. After hearing about reading a 10-page article just for the interview, doesn't sound too fun. I definitely would have went if I hadn't already been accepted to another school.

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh, and does anyone know when's the deadline for letting them know if you want to attend the interview or not? Do you call or email them?

You should fly to Sacramento International Airport. From there you can take shuttle or rent a car to get to school. It takes roughly 1/2 hour.

Thanks for the information! Should I stay in a hotel in Rancho Cordova then?

I can't believe some of you are complaining about the ten page journal you have to read. I mean you're applying for a graduate program..do you expect this program to be a walk in the park? At Northstate, you will have quizzes almost every single day and presentations/projects for every single class. If you can't take, go elsewhere and please do not bash Northstate if you are not a student there. Be professional.

On a lighter note, here are some videos that Northstate students have been working on. Some of these videos show our dispensing lab and our school. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wa3iIwIFQa0&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D81O_6zQEj4&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nslfgaRN_zE&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dgcwvkep1eA&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpFVCl1J4PI&feature=related

I can't believe some of you are complaining about the ten page journal you have to read. I mean you're applying for a graduate program..do you expect this program to be a walk in the park? At Northstate, you will have quizzes almost every single day and presentations/projects for every single class. If you can't take, go elsewhere and please do not bash Northstate if you are not a student there. Be professional.

On a lighter note, here are some videos that Northstate students have been working on. Some of these videos show our dispensing lab and our school. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wa3iIwIFQa0&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D81O_6zQEj4&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nslfgaRN_zE&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dgcwvkep1eA&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpFVCl1J4PI&feature=related

:thumbup:Great job.
I love the ED one :laugh::laugh::laugh: poor guy
keep up the good work guys

I got an interview invite for Jan 30th. I'm from Orange County, CA. I'm thinking of driving up there a day before the interview. If anyone lives around my area, let me know if you're interested in taking the trip together.

For those who got interview invitations, how were you invited?.. by email, phone, or snail mail?

I have been sitting on my supplemental aplication for a while know and i'm not sure when to send it. I have been waiting from other school, but nothing good yet. How many students are they taking this year ? When would they be eligible for the Government loans instead of that sally mae crab with 14+ rate? when is the last interview day ? anybody

Members don't see this ad :)
I have been sitting on my supplemental aplication for a while know and i'm not sure when to send it. I have been waiting from other school, but nothing good yet. How many students are they taking this year ? When would they be eligible for the Government loans instead of that sally mae crab with 14+ rate? when is the last interview day ? anybody
I believe they're taking in 80 students this year, can't remember. As for government loans, they won't be eligible till they are accredited. So the earliest will be when the first class graduates in 2012.

For those who already interviewed, when time did the interview end?

nvm

Last edited:
So, here we go again! CNCP.
Any one got an acceptance letter yet?

Hi All,
I was informed by the school (CNCP) that they will be sending out an acceptance letter any time soon. So, has any body recieved an acceptance letter yet?

Sorry to interrupt the admissions related questions for this cycle.... but do you know if this school offers visit/meeting with the admissions staff for prospective students?

Last edited:
Sorry to interrupt the admissions related questions for this cycle.... but do you know if this school offers visit/meeting with the admissions staff for prospective students?

I think you're going have to ask Gail at the office of admissions. She's very nice and helpful.

The waiting is killing me :scared:

I believe the school will do that. Talk to Gail and she will be more than happy to help you.

I believe the school will do that. Talk to Gail and she will be more than happy to help you.

Thank you both for your responses! I will have to contact her and check that out when I plan to be in town :)

when will this school get accredited?
i am not going to apply there if i have to wait at least 7 years until it gets accredited.

when will this school get accredited?
i am not going to apply there if i have to wait at least 7 years until it gets accredited.

Believe it or not, this question has a very simple answer. But before I can direct you to the sources so you to find your answers, let me ask you a question. Before anyone applies to a new school, aren't they suppose to check the school's website for information? If you did, you'd find your answers! Anytime you encounter a new pharmacy school, they typically post their accreditation status on their web page. In addition to this you can also read the entire accreditation process on ACPE's website, and if you did, you would have known that it usually takes about four years or three years depending on the length of the program (until the first class graduates) for a new pharmacy school to become fully accredited. I mean you're putting in a lot of time to fill out PharmCAS, the supplemental application, and not to mention the fees, so at least be more knowledgeable about how the accreditation process work before you invest ample time into a particular school. For someone who has 93 posts related to pharmacy, I would have imagine that you'd have a better understanding of how these stuff work. Why aren't you people complaining about Touro University and ask these types of ignorant questions? Is it because they're accredited? Nope, not yet! We're only one step away from being where Touro University is at right now. So before you complain about how long it takes for us to get accredited, read the school's web page and you'll know the answer. So no, it won't take 7 years for CNCP to become fully accredited! Good luck on your application process!!

Ok, I had decided to apply to Northstate. The program has some interesting points and the area seems like it would be reasonably good fit for me and my family. I was starting wonder what was up with ALL the negative posts on here, and then I started working on the 15 page supplemental that you CAN"T save +pissed+ . This is my second year thru this process, with the added pressure of graduating this year so I need to get in somewhere. I haven't seen any other schools that have this much stuff to wade thru.
I guess I'm just not sure what the point is? I'm waiting to reserve judgement, but something is striking me as hinky here....

hey guys, in your opinion, is it too late to apply for northstate now? Im going to START on my application if it's not too late

hey guys, in your opinion, is it too late to apply for northstate now? Im going to START on my application if it's not too late

CA Northstate is not a rolling admission school. You can only be late if you never start the application. GL!

I got an invitation for interview on Jan 30th. What kind of questions will be ask on the interview? anyone from the Dec 5th interview?

I got an interview invite for Jan 30th. I'm from Orange County, CA. I'm thinking of driving up there a day before the interview. If anyone lives around my area, let me know if you're interested in taking the trip together.

Hi, I got the interview for Jan 30th and I'm also from orange county, CA . I already booked ticket to fly there. Do you wanna meet up to prepare for the interview?

I sent in my supp application before the end of year, how soon do they call applicants for an interview if they qualify for one that is. FOR THOSE COMPLAINING ABOUT READING 10 PAGES, FIND SOMETHING ELSE TO DO YOU ARE NOT READY FOR GRADUATE SCHOOL AND BE HONEST TO YOURSELF. When is cut off date for the interview?

I sent in my supp application before the end of year, how soon do they call applicants for an interview if they qualify for one that is. FOR THOSE COMPLAINING ABOUT READING 10 PAGES, FIND SOMETHING ELSE TO DO YOU ARE NOT READY FOR GRADUATE SCHOOL AND BE HONEST TO YOURSELF. When is cut off date for the interview?

Who wants to read a 10 page boring article? Just because I don't want to spend my free time reading a 10 page article, it does not mean I don't have the ability to do it nor does it mean that I'm not suited for grad school. I'm no over zealous nerd!

PS: I'll be declining my interview so one more open slot for y'all.

Who wants to read a 10 page boring article? Just because I don't want to spend my free time reading a 10 page article, it does not mean I don't have the ability to do it nor does it mean that I'm not suited for grad school. I'm no over zealous nerd!

PS: I'll be declining my interview so one more open slot for y'all.

Not questioning your ability, but reading 10 pages is nothing. Good luck with your endeavors and i wish you the best.

hi, my interview on jan 30th and i am wondering when and how did you guys receive the article? did you also get the exact location where the interview will be held? any tips would also be helpful! thanks!

hi, my interview on jan 30th and i am wondering when and how did you guys receive the article? did you also get the exact location where the interview will be held? any tips would also be helpful! thanks!

Hi buddy, if you were invited for an interview, the school should have included when and where the interview will be held. I believe this information’s is indeed provided to you; however, it seems like you either over looked at. Check your e-mail (if the invitation was sent to you by e-mail) or have a second look at the letter (if sent via letter). If none of them has what you’re looking for, my suggestion is to contact Gail and she would be glad to assist you. The sooner the better. Good luck!!!!!

Hi buddy, if you were invited for an interview, the school should have included when and where the interview will be held. I believe this information’s is indeed provided to you; however, it seems like you either over looked at. Check your e-mail (if the invitation was sent to you by e-mail) or have a second look at the letter (if sent via letter). If none of them has what you’re looking for, my suggestion is to contact Gail and she would be glad to assist you. The sooner the better. Good luck!!!!!

Maybe I did. thanks. I was invited via email. She only said it will be held at Rancho Cordova and check in is at 8:00am. Additional information will be sent out as the day approaches. I am guessing when I get there, there should be sign(s) directing me to the exact location?

Hello,
Has anyone gotten the article yet?? My interview is on the 30th and I have not received any article yet...

We should receive another email from Gail in 2 weeks..hopefully =)
."Thank you for accepting our invitation and as the time approaches, we will email you again with a few more specifics. One week prior to your interview, we will email you the team-based learning reading assignment."

Hello,
Has anyone gotten the article yet?? My interview is on the 30th and I have not received any article yet...

Don't worry, they will be sending you the material that you'll need for the activity...Good luck to all of you who are interviewing at the end of this month!!! Looking forward in seeing you soon!!!

Hi, I got the interview for Jan 30th and I'm also from orange county, CA . I already booked ticket to fly there. Do you wanna meet up to prepare for the interview?

I have my interview on the 30th too!! do you guys want to get the same hotel so we can prepare for the interview or something?

I have an interview on the 30th as well, I just booked my room at the Fairfield Inn, which is very close to campus. I'm flying in from San Diego the night before. If anyone wants to meet up to prepare or just calm some nerves feel free to PM me.

got an interview on the 6th of feb.!!! anyone else got an invite? Leaving from orange county, can't decide to fly or drive. All you guys let us know how it is!!!

got an interview on the 6th of feb.!!! anyone else got an invite? Leaving from orange county, can't decide to fly or drive. All you guys let us know how it is!!!

Same here....Feb 6th...coming from LA. (home of the Lakers) Might fly if its cheap enough, but having a car up there is convenient

and for sure.....fill us in with some tips guys :)

Has anyone from the Dec 5th interview hear from cncp? Can't remember if they said we'll hear from them in 4-6 weeks?

Has anyone from the Dec 5th interview hear from cncp? Can't remember if they said we'll hear from them in 4-6 weeks?

They said the end of Jan or beginning of Feb 09. I know the waiting is killing me. Hang on tight guys, I think we'll hear from them soon:thumbup:

Hey guys,
I have an interview on Feb. 6th...any help/advice will be most appreciated!

Congratulations to people who are getting interviews, and good luck, good luck to everyone!

A friend and I were just discussing Cal Northstate and we plan to visit the campus (on our own or hopefully schedule something of a tour with the department....I plan to look into that) sometime this spring. I use to live in northern Cali and have fond memories of Rancho Cordova, so I'm really looking forward to seeing the new campus.

Once again, good luck to everyone!

hey guys. i applied to calnorthstate in the previous cycle, recieved an intereview somewhere around june 2008, and didn't even get waitlisted. When i recieved an interview, i wasn't that excited since the class were already full and a lot of ppl are put on the waiting list. well, i am applying again this cycle.
I wonder if anyone got accepted yet..

hey guys. i applied to calnorthstate in the previous cycle, recieved an intereview somewhere around june 2008, and didn't even get waitlisted. When i recieved an interview, i wasn't that excited since the class were already full and a lot of ppl are put on the waiting list. well, i am applying again this cycle.

PharmD2Be1983: the sooner the better. Apply now.

PharmD2Be1983:
the sooner the better. Apply now.