Cal Northstate c/o 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

farmd1985

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just wanted to start a thread for us 2008-2009 cal northstate applicants. Has anyone received an interview invite yet?

Members don't see this ad.

Nope, nothing!:confused:

Nothing here yet. I had to email them to make sure they had all my materials. I got a reply that they have everything though, so hopefully hear something soon.

Members don't see this ad :)
They didn't even reply to my emails...lame

nothing here

Just curious
when did you guys submit the supplemental

Do you guys all have a degree?
Is it required to have a degree?

would you guy like to post the STATs

Hey, this school is only pre-candidate status. I like all pharmacy schools in CA because I love CA so much but I just wonder, is there any chance this school will not be accredited ? I'm so worried about it. Wat do you think?

i actually know someone who attended Hawaii College of Pharmacy (that scam school) did not become a pharmacist and is now attending Cal Northstate just started. i hope that person becomes a pharmacist. if it was me i would be freakin out if i had to attend a new school again

Hey, this school is only pre-candidate status. I like all pharmacy schools in CA because I love CA so much but I just wonder, is there any chance this school will not be accredited ? I'm so worried about it. Wat do you think?

i actually know someone who attended Hawaii College of Pharmacy (that scam school) did not become a pharmacist and is now attending Cal Northstate just started. i hope that person becomes a pharmacist. if it was me i would be freakin out if i had to attend a new school again

Well, Northstate has pre-accreditation. HICP never even received pre-accreditation. That school was a complete scam. But yea...it's still nerve-wracking to attend any school that is not fully accredited!

If a school has pre-accreditation, does that pretty much mean it will get full accreditation after it's first graduating class or something?

What happens to the pharm students if the school doesn't pass for full accreditation?

If a school has pre-accreditation, does that pretty much mean it will get full accreditation after it's first graduating class or something?

What happens to the pharm students if the school doesn't pass for full accreditation?

They can't practice, and they may have to start the whole pharmacy school admission thing over again...:(

Sounds kind of like a risk than...

i thought hawaii had pre-candidate they accepted more students than they were supposed to and that's why they closed them down. correct me if i'm wrong

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys, at this very moment, I've decided to start with my supplemental application for Northstate. I'm really curious of the school's potential of being fully accredited because if accepted, will it be harder to find loans since they're not an accredited school. ALso guys, did you guys turn in ur application yet or receive any interview notices?

I submitted mine about a month ago. I haven't heard anything yet.

I submitted mine about a month ago. I haven't heard anything yet.

Is the only thing you guys hear from Cal Northstate ivia email is: they received the application?
:confused:

When did you receive the confirmation?

I submitted my application about 3 months ago. I never received a confirmation with either the primary or supplemental applications. I finally emailed the school a few weeks after I submitted my supplemental (trying to get a hold of anyone on the phone is almost impossible) and I got an email about a week later confirming that they had received my application and that they had sent me an email confirmation a week before. Well, I know that I did not receive any email confirmations of any sort from them. It seems like they are disorganized, btw I haven't heard anything since.

I guess they have a lot more applications than last year
They must be busy with their P1 and all the applications
we will hear something eventually
:luck::luck::luck:

hi guys, is anyone from last year know what type of questions is on the interview and how it is like? thanks

Just got an interview invite via e-mail. It's on Dec. 5th.

i just got my interview invite today through email too.. sent in my supplemental on 9/29... wonder how it's gonna be?

i just got my interview invite today through email too.. sent in my supplemental on 9/29... wonder how it's gonna be?

Can you share your STATs and ECs?

By the way, now they require a bachelor's degree, is it ture?

not sure about the bachelor's degree though i would assume they would require it..

my stats aren't that great actually, i'm at a 3.1 but i had 4 letters of rec from ph.D's and pharm.D's that i knew really well, and i'm not gonna say my essays were amazing but i wrote it with the intent of being 'real' with who i am and what i want to do.. so i guess they liked that.

and as far as EC's go, i had a lot of volunteering experience with clinics, inpatient settings, the like.. and also did a lot of stuff that doesn't involve pharmacy at all.. which i think is a good thing..

has anyone gotten an interview other than the dec. 5th date?!!

their supplemental cannot be typed. How do you deal with it? Or I used wrong software?

has anyone gotten an interview other than the dec. 5th date?!!

I guess so, but Dec. 5th is their 1st interview
They will hold in Jan. 2009 also
But they are rolling admissions, it's better to have the interview earlier

I can't seem to type in my responses in the supplemental also. Do we have to convert the file to a different format or download something additional to adobe??? Gahh.. any help please? :confused: Thanks

I can't seem to type in my responses in the supplemental also. Do we have to convert the file to a different format or download something additional to adobe??? Gahh.. any help please? :confused: Thanks

My friend hand wrote the whole supplemental and received an interview for Dec 5th. Just make sure you make a copy of your supplemental for future reference.

I emailed them, and they told me to write it out. and I received an interview from them for Dec 5th. So writing your responses is legit.hahah

I will be turning down my invite for Dec. 5th so my spot's up for grabs. Good luck to you guys.

haha. maybe they wanna see our hand-writing. Many doctors have bad hand-writing.

I have really bad handwriting. That's why I'm trying really hard to make it as neat as possible. Hehe. It takes me forever. I'm so used to typing.:scared: *sigh*

I declined my interview offer as well. Good luck!!:luck::luck:

I declined my interview for December 5th as well. My cousin and her friend currently go there and they told me horror stories about the program and the professors. From what I heard, they are disorganized and its better to go somewhere else rather then a non-accredited pharm school where you spend close to 30K every year with fear. just my two cents.

closer to 40k they are raising tuition next year..

My cousin and her friend currently go there and they told me horror stories about the program and the professors. From what I heard, they are disorganized and its better to go somewhere else rather then a non-accredited pharm school where you spend close to 30K every year with fear. just my two cents.

You care to elaborate on these stories? I'm curious as to what current students think of the new program.

i think as with any new program, there will be a lot of kinks to be worked out so i'm not surprised current students may think everything is unorganized. i'm sure in a few years, it'll be a great program.

I recieved my email interview invite on October 21st and well, it's November 13th, and I still havn't recieved anything formal through the mail. The interview is December 5th. How is it that these guys havn't even given their interviewees a synopsis on the interview, a time, or even a location? Nothing formal through the mail at all? If I wasn't already planning on declining my offer, I would now. I know the school is new but damn...how can you leave aspiring students in the dark for so long and in the next instant expect them to be comfortable with investing $40k/year into your program?

Last edited:
I recieved my email interview invite on October 21st and well, it's November 13th, and I still havn't recieved anything formal through the mail. The interview is December 5th. How is it that these guys havn't even given their interviewees a synopsis on the interview, a time, or even a location? Nothing formal through the mail at all? If I wasn't already planning on declining my offer, I would now. I know the school is new but damn...how can you leave aspiring students in the dark for so long and in the next instant expect them to be comfortable with investing $40k/year into your program?

Same here
They said that they will mail me detailed information, but didn't receive anything

I am glad I am not going to this school. The class size is huge! UCSD and Loma Linda only had 20 students as their first class and they were denied full accreditation when they first applied.

Credit is tight. It is tough to get a loan nowadays and since the school can't get federal loans, your family better fork out big bucks. How is this school going to teach that many students with limited faculty members?

I am glad I am not going to this school. The class size is huge! UCSD and Loma Linda only had 20 students as their first class and they were denied full accreditation when they first applied.

Credit is tight. It is tough to get a loan nowadays and since the school can't get federal loans, your family better fork out big bucks. How is this school going to teach that many students with limited faculty members?

Now you can get loans, I think
70 people can't call huge

New school is always not very organized, but there are always good pharmacists who graduated from a so so school

:p:p

Hey you guys, do not listen what IBU is talking about. Hey IBU, weren't you the one that got placed on the waiting list last year? Did you get taken off of it? From the looks of it, NO?? Now you're back here saying negative things about the school? Wow, I am not surprised. I am one of the students who is currently attending the school. At the moment, this school is progressing tremendously. Of course there are going to be a lot of gliches because we are a newley established college of pharmacy. But we are continuing to improve on it, it will be much more fine tune for you first year students next fall. I believe that the class size is not huge at all. We have about 9 or ten professors to accomondate the 80-90 students that we are accepting per application cycle. When Pacific University School of Pharmacy in Oregon opened up, you know what there frst class size was? It was 80 students. Now the class size is capped at 96 students. And we currently have 88 students in our first year. Let me ask you this question IBU, if the professor to student ratio is too small, or there's not enough professors to teach the students, wouldn't you think that the APCE committee would have thought about this a not grant us the pre-candidate status that we needed to start our class back in June? Check your logic and information, and don't stress other students out. Take it from a student that is currently attending the school, we are fully staffed, with more professors being hired in this coming year. Hey IBU, are you currently attending a pharmacy school or reapplying? I hope you are reapplying because negative and bitter people like you should not be in this profession.

And we currently have 88 students in our first year. Let me ask you this question IBU, if the professor to student ratio is too small, or there's not enough professors to teach the students, wouldn't you think that the APCE committee would have thought about this a not grant us the pre-candidate status that we needed to start our class back in June?

I am attending another pharmacy school. Thank God after I heard things about this school from a good friend who is attending Northstate. Back in June, the website says the incoming class will only have 50-60 students. Now, it is 88 students!? I knew the school was accepting anyone who has the money to fork out the private tuition.

Ask your school how they are planning to find clerkship sites for all of these students esp since there are a whole bunch of pharmacy schools in California. This for profit school is just greedy! Remember how their pre candidate application had to be withdrawn because they did not even rent a building? It would not surprise me if the school starts to fail a lot of students in order to keep the student to professor ratio in acceptable range.

Last edited:
I knew the school was accepting anyone who has the money to fork out the private tuition.

Soooo...then why did you get rejected?