Cal Northstate c/o 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Any person with good credit will do it.

Bad question from my part. I tried the Credit Union and even BOA Student loans, but they said no. I guess Sallie Mae is the only way to go. That or a rich parent. kekekek

Members don't see this ad.

Bad question from my part. I tried the Credit Union and even BOA Student loans, but they said no. I guess Sallie Mae is the only way to go. That or a rich parent. kekekek

Of course no banks want to give money to unaccredited school. You can only ask for privet loans from the bank you have mentioned or any other banks. I thought we're all understood the loan process for this school. See you all in the fall.:banana:

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey...just wondering if anyone is interested in purchasing books for P-1 classes? I'll be in the area at the end of summer for school. (PM me)

does anyone know how many people have already been accepted, do you think they are going to have to pull a lot canidates off the wait-list due people declining because of the high tuition?

does anyone know how many people have already been accepted, do you think they are going to have to pull a lot canidates off the wait-list due people declining because of the high tuition?
I am sure they will, so just keep your fingers crossed and Pray for the best. Hope you get in, Good luck.

for those who been accepted, can you guys share your GPA and experiences? thanks :]

Members don't see this ad :)
I had 3.75 overall and 4.0 science GPA. I am pharmacy tech for 5 years now, and have Bachelor's degree.

Wow. That's amazing. This forum is filled with people with excellent stats. I'm not one of them. :/

Just did the loan app for Sallie Mae its gonna be rough but hopefully manageable. Good luck to everyone else.

Wow. That's amazing. This forum is filled with people with excellent stats. I'm not one of them. :/
I am sure you are an excellent student too, no one should rank by their stats thats what i beleive, and all should depend on natural talent not the college grades.

Did anyone else turn in the packet of paperwork that was sent to us? Does anyone know the amount for the scholarship that is going to be available? Hope its enough to cover rent or the interest.

has anyone emailed the school about the kaiser insurance yet?

has anyone emailed the school about the kaiser insurance yet?
I was wondering the same if anyone has called the school abt the insurance, I just needed to know what coverage we will have?

I think those who will be attending CNCP this year will have tough time. Well, paying an interest while attending the school is very tough.

when filling out your loan for salliemae did you guys put it for the entire fall09/spring 10 or just fall only?

well after going through the loan process and the prospect of paying roughly 2,000 a month during my final year, i am going to turn down my acceptance and test my luck next year.

are you sure thats how much you'll be paying? that seems steep for just interest.

I am sure you are an excellent student too, no one should rank by their stats thats what i beleive, and all should depend on natural talent not the college grades.

Pharmacy school is getting harder and harder to get in, and I think it's becoming saturated :/
Better finish quick.

And regarding the $2000 per month payment question. Yes! It is very possible to pay that amount in the forth year. I pray to Buddha that doesn't happen to any of us.

has anyone got their ranking for the wait list? Also, has anyone got called up from the wait list?

has anyone got their ranking for the wait list? Also, has anyone got called up from the wait list?

I will probably giving up my spot within the next week or so. I got another offer and even if I have to wait another year being on early acceptance I would prefer to wait. There is way too much stress for this school. Goodluck to those of u still waiting and planning on attending this school.

im giving up my spot as well..
likely within a week or so also.

Has anyone gotten a letter regarding waitlist status? or has gotten acceptance from waitlist??

Has anyone gotten a letter regarding waitlist status? or has gotten acceptance from waitlist??

I got an email last week (Jun 26) stating that I am a "High Waitlist Candidate" and that: "In keeping with your potential acceptance, the first tuition payment will need to be received by check or money order or - your loan approval evidenced by our Finance Office on or before the tenth day after the acceptance is offered." Isn't that extreme!

I got an email last week (Jun 26) stating that I am a "High Waitlist Candidate" and that: "In keeping with your potential acceptance, the first tuition payment will need to be received by check or money order or - your loan approval evidenced by our Finance Office on or before the tenth day after the acceptance is offered." Isn't that extreme!

Has anyone been put on the Medium Waitlist Candidate or Low waitlist candidate list? I haven't even gotten an email from them on where I am on the waitlist so i'm guessing i'm in one or the other lol this sucs big time guess i'm going to have to stick with grad school goodluck to everyone!!!

A Message from the Dean to Current and Prospective Students

The ACPE Board of Directors has acknowledged CNCP’s plan to increase our enrollment from a maximum of 80 students per class to a maximum of 90 students per class. Because of this change in enrollment, ACPE will conduct a further evaluation this fall to determine the effect the increased class size has on our ability to meet accreditation standards. Therefore, our pre-candidate status will continue for now. It is possible, based on the evaluation of our program this fall, that ACPE will consider and advance our college to candidate status at their Board Meeting in January 2010.

So, that's good news for some people. I'm not sure if this is good news overall since we were supposed to know of the candidate status mid June 2009.

I am also a HIGH waitlist candidate. I hope they start calling people up soon!

So, that's good news for some people. I'm not sure if this is good news overall since we were supposed to know of the candidate status mid June 2009.

Why would a school risk its accreditation by increasing the class size by 10 students? It doesn't make much sense. I wouldn't be surprised if the school decided to withdraw its application rather than risk of being rejected by the ACPE.

I would contact the ACPE directly and ask them. This reason sounds really weird.

For questions regarding Professional Degree Program Accreditation, please e-mail:
[email protected]

did everyone get a 'high waitlist candidate' email? that wouldnt help sort out who has next dibs on the open seats...:(

Read between the lines on the CNCP email sent out. Ask yourself why admin would want to increase enrollment if it threatened candidate status? What would you do if you were in their shoes and did not meet ACPE standards? Well, make it appear that this was planned, plus you can collect more tuition (several hundred thousand).

I liked the school, students, and faculty that I met. It appeared to be legit, and I really like Sacramento and Northern California too.

However, what happens if you are student and the company goes bankrupt before you can sit for the board exam?

Hi! everyone, I got a question about the loan. Has anyone received their loan from Smart Option Loan or Greennote yet? I tried it but didn't got approved due to my credit history. Is there an alternative way to make it work or other ways to get our tuition? Thank you.

For everyone who was put on the High waitlist, What was your interview date?

A few month ago, I applied for private loan at Sallie Mae. The name of the loan is "student smart option". I applied for only $8k with the interest rate at 8.25%. I was granted. A few week later I called them back to ask if the 8.25 % is annually. They said it was monthly, but not annually. I started to freak out because i have to pay $557 every month. I canceled the loan and never called them back again.

I warn you to check your condition carefully with Sallie Mae if you are going to borrow from them.

what kind of loan did you apply? Did you need a cosigner? Sallie Mae (smart option loan) requires cosigners in order to approve my loan. I have a hard time to find a suitable loan now. I am afraid I can't borrow enough money to pay for the tuition and interest even I got accepted.

Yes I do have cosigner. But I suggest you to check out citibank student loan. They are a lot more reliable than Sallie Mae.

Yes I do have cosigner. But I suggest you to check out citibank student loan. They are a lot more reliable than Sallie Mae.

What about the intereste rate?

It is 8.25% interest rate wit cosigner. I warn you to look at thier loan's condition. With "student smart option" loan, you have to pay a month after. There is no such a thing you pay after school. Also, the interest rate is applied for monthly basic, but annually. If I own $8k with 8.25% this month, for next month I will have to pay %8k + $8k*0.0825 = 8660. And it keeps adding interest every month you do not pay.

This is the first time I heard that the interest rate for student loan is applied for month basic. I thought all the loans' interest rate is for yearly. I switched to citibank and I got a good deal. Check it out www.studentloan.com

hi how were you able to get a citibank loan when CNCP is not accrediated?
Can you please tell me the specifics?
Thx!!

It is 8.25% interest rate wit cosigner. I warn you to look at thier loan's condition. With "student smart option" loan, you have to pay a month after. There is no such a thing you pay after school. Also, the interest rate is applied for monthly basic, but annually. If I own $8k with 8.25% this month, for next month I will have to pay %8k + $8k*0.0825 = 8660. And it keeps adding interest every month you do not pay.

This is the first time I heard that the interest rate for student loan is applied for month basic. I thought all the loans' interest rate is for yearly. I switched to citibank and I got a good deal. Check it out www.studentloan.com

CNCP is not listed under Citi Bank. What type of loan are you talking about?

OH sorry for not saying I am going to different school. However, be careful with Sallie Mae. Avoid "student smart option" loan. Check out their other offers.