Cal Northstate c/o 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
You're right. We're the dumb ones for choosing schools without loan problems. :laugh:

You might as well tattoo Sallie Mae on your buttock because they'll own you after you graduate. ;)

Theýll own him while hes in school - paying 1600 a month starting from the FIRST day of class ends up being 80k interest paid by the time he grads and then it continues.....

Members don't see this ad.

Theýll own him while hes in school - paying 1600 a month starting from the FIRST day of class ends up being 80k interest paid by the time he grads and then it continues.....

Everyone that has tried to explain the bad loan situation already stated the stats. Does everyone have to leave hateful comments and downgrade CNCP? I think you've made your point about the loan and about accreditation at CNCP.

You should take some time and think about some things:
There are people out there that can afford it
Some people don't care about the interest from the loan because going to pharmacy school is their goal
Some people aren't competitive enough to get accepted into accredited schools or better schools
Some people want to go to CNCP because of the TBL program

IT DOES NOT MATTER WHAT SCHOOL YOU GO TO, YOU GET THE SAME DEGREE AND EVERYONE HAS TO TAKE THE SAME NATIONAL BOARD!

WE ALL HAVE TO LEARN FROM BOOKS, PROFESSORS ONLY RELAY AND HELP YOU UNDERSTAND THAT INFORMATION! What CNCP is trying to do is having you come prepared to class and have students learn on their own FIRST and help each other. Even in med school most of the learning you do is on your own by reading, memorizing, and understanding, its the same thing with pharmacy school.

It's none of your business why people want to go to CNCP, and its none of our business why you don't want to go to CNCP, but enough people have left posts about the loan situation. Worry about the schools you have applied to or where you go to school.

There can be several good reasons why people want to go to CNCP, just because you don't want to, doesn't mean you have to downgrade CNCP. All the people that posted up reasons why people shouldn't go to CNCP had good reasons but that's enough and I don't think its necessary to leave the same smart remarks over and over again, you've made your point! Thank you, good luck to you, and focus on your pharmacy career rather than others!

Members don't see this ad :)
Everyone that has tried to explain the bad loan situation already stated the stats. Does everyone have to leave hateful comments and downgrade CNCP? I think you've made your point about the loan and about accreditation at CNCP.

You should take some time and think about some things:
There are people out there that can afford it
Some people don't care about the interest from the loan because going to pharmacy school is their goal
Some people aren't competitive enough to get accepted into accredited schools or better schools
Some people want to go to CNCP because of the TBL program

IT DOES NOT MATTER WHAT SCHOOL YOU GO TO, YOU GET THE SAME DEGREE AND EVERYONE HAS TO TAKE THE SAME NATIONAL BOARD!

WE ALL HAVE TO LEARN FROM BOOKS, PROFESSORS ONLY RELAY AND HELP YOU UNDERSTAND THAT INFORMATION! What CNCP is trying to do is having you come prepared to class and have students learn on their own FIRST and help each other. Even in med school most of the learning you do is on your own by reading, memorizing, and understanding, its the same thing with pharmacy school.

It’s none of your business why people want to go to CNCP, and its none of our business why you don't want to go to CNCP, but enough people have left posts about the loan situation. Worry about the schools you have applied to or where you go to school.

There can be several good reasons why people want to go to CNCP, just because you don't want to, doesn't mean you have to downgrade CNCP. All the people that posted up reasons why people shouldn't go to CNCP had good reasons but that’s enough and I don’t think its necessary to leave the same smart remarks over and over again, you've made your point! Thank you, good luck to you, and focus on your pharmacy career rather than others!

Dude I didn't ridicule CNCP for anything other than the accreditation. I actually went to the last interview on Friday but when I got home and checked out the loans more I realized that it was a mistake. The faculty seems ambitious and I met the Hawkins dude - but it still doesn't change the fact that the students who take out loans are screwing themselves over.

Dude I didn't ridicule CNCP for anything other than the accreditation. I actually went to the last interview on Friday but when I got home and checked out the loans more I realized that it was a mistake. The faculty seems ambitious and I met the Hawkins dude - but it still doesn't change the fact that the students who take out loans are screwing themselves over.
First of all you don't have respect for anyone, is this a way to address your elders "Hawkins dude" what a irrespectful person you are.
Now I am not even bothered with your posts anymore, because you don't have any standards to talk about anyone or anything. you are just an senseless human being who doesn't have importance of anybodies feelings. Just keep your ideas to yourself, there are millions like oyu who are ready to give free advices without even asking so stay back and stay away from this thread.
I am going to CNCP and as a future student I will not tolerate any disrespected comments like this anymore!
I am going there because I like TBL method, I liked Dr. Hawkin, and I liked the small group of people there. I will deal with my loan situations by myself and I have family who is worried about this too so any outsiders like you don't have to poke the nose in between and let other student alone if they want to attend CNCP.
hufffffffff........ I feel so much better now, I was reading your stupid posts from a long time so just blew it off.

First of all you don't have respect for anyone, is this a way to address your elders "Hawkins dude" what a irrespectful person you are.
Now I am not even bothered with your posts anymore, because you don't have any standards to talk about anyone or anything. you are just an senseless human being who doesn't have importance of anybodies feelings. Just keep your ideas to yourself, there are millions like oyu who are ready to give free advices without even asking so stay back and stay away from this thread.
I am going to CNCP and as a future student I will not tolerate any disrespected comments like this anymore!
I am going there because I like TBL method, I liked Dr. Hawkin, and I liked the small group of people there. I will deal with my loan situations by myself and I have family who is worried about this too so any outsiders like you don't have to poke the nose in between and let other student alone if they want to attend CNCP.
hufffffffff........ I feel so much better now, I was reading your stupid posts from a long time so just blew it off.

Well said. Way to go prayosha.

I couldn't resist jumping in here. Stop getting stressed out about all the hate directed toward CNCP.

1) Everyone will look down on you until you pass NAPLEX and CPJE, until your class pulls at least an 80% pass rate on both, and a good number of you enter/complete residencies.

2) Everyone will still look down on you after that because you're in the shadow of UCSF and UOP for an unfair comparison. And until this school opens up, you'll always be known as that runt stand alone new school up in nor cal without any other programs or associated health network.

So yeah, no use arguing/stressing out/cheerleading this school, because no one is listening. Prove it in your pass rates in a few years, eventual school status, % residency placement, etc... If you guys pull a Howard University 2005 and have a 50% pass rate on the NAPLEX, that's going to give everyone so much ammo against your school it won't even be funny anymore. So don't give 'em the chance.

Your words inform me that YOU would not be able to manage the financial situation. Keep in mind that many exceptional people exist out there who are able to overcome challenging situations.

I couldn't resist jumping in here. Stop getting stressed out about all the hate directed toward CNCP.

1) Everyone will look down on you until you pass NAPLEX and CPJE, until your class pulls at least an 80% pass rate on both, and a good number of you enter/complete residencies.

2) Everyone will still look down on you after that because you're in the shadow of UCSF and UOP for an unfair comparison. And until this school opens up, you'll always be known as that runt stand alone new school up in nor cal without any other programs or associated health network.

So yeah, no use arguing/stressing out/cheerleading this school, because no one is listening. Prove it in your pass rates in a few years, eventual school status, % residency placement, etc... If you guys pull a Howard University 2005 and have a 50% pass rate on the NAPLEX, that's going to give everyone so much ammo against your school it won't even be funny anymore. So don't give 'em the chance.

Werd!

Is there any current CNCP studnets in here because I was thinking about going to the Rancho cordova again and find a place to live. So anyone here has any ideas what apartment or condos better to live in or renting a house? I am trying to search on internet but the palces they show are either very old or very expensive. Also where most of the students stay so I can find place there that way I can stay connected to other students too.
I will appreciate responses.

Your words inform me that YOU would not be able to manage the financial situation. Keep in mind that many exceptional people exist out there who are able to overcome challenging situations.

Hmm... what part-time job can cover an interest payment of $1600 a month? Not to be offensive but I'm really looking for options - maybe I will attend CNCP!

I really need the information on housing so please post your responses.

If you like the TBL method and you don't like the financial situation at CNPC, then why not apply at Regis in Denver? They are also doing TBL, but the financial problems are not there...:idea:

Members don't see this ad :)
Getting into Pharmacy Schools are harder these days. There are a lot of competitions. Not only you have to have good grades but also a pharmacy background. For example, you have to at least worked in the pharmacy ie. clerk, tech...or got involved in a pharmacy organization. Good luck to all.

Last edited:
Getting into Pharmacy Schools are harder these days. There are a lot of competitions. Not only you have to have good grades but also a pharmacy background. For example, you have to at least worked in the pharmacy ie. clerk, tech...or got involved in a pharmacy organization. Good luck to all.
I disagree. With the number of diploma mills popping up, getting in somewhere is not the problem.

If you like the TBL method and you don't like the financial situation at CNPC, then why not apply at Regis in Denver? They are also doing TBL, but the financial problems are not there...:idea:
If you don't know then let me just remind you that at Regis you need PCAT which you don't need at CNCP.
Look! People have their own preferences, if you want to go to Regis then go why dragging other students away from CNCP.
Also many people want to go to places they live close by, and coloradois far away from cali so people may not want to move that far! So please keep your ideas to yourself.
We will deal with financial situations anyhow if we really want to attend CNCP and yeah if you have extra money you can loan us as well...

By the way Regis is not even Precandidate status for accreditation so don't even compare!!!!!!!!

By the way Regis is not even Precandidate status for accreditation so don't even compare!!!!!!!!

lol, i'll wait for ipledge or someone to bring up regional accreditation and the ramifications of not having that

Those who get accepted did you all take the shots of vaccines, and what if I have taken all the shots in 2006. Do I still have to take the shots again?
Did anyone sent the deposit yet? I am going to send mine by next week!

If you don't know then let me just remind you that at Regis you need PCAT which you don't need at CNCP.
Look! People have their own preferences, if you want to go to Regis then go why dragging other students away from CNCP.
Also many people want to go to places they live close by, and coloradois far away from cali so people may not want to move that far! So please keep your ideas to yourself.
We will deal with financial situations anyhow if we really want to attend CNCP and yeah if you have extra money you can loan us as well...

Relax, the whole point of this forum is to state ideas and opinions. I was not saying anything negative about CNPC, nor do I have the power to drag students from any school to another. I was actually accepted to CNPC and would of gone if other opportunities hadn't arose. As far as lending money, well I don't have that power either. I'm going to be a poor pharmacy student for the next few years. :D

You will need to submit the titers against HepB, MMR, varicella, as well as proof that you are TB negative. The school sent an information packet about the immunizations. If you are HepB neg, there are two different immunization schedules, the fastest being 4 months from the 1st injection, the other taking 6 months. Best start ASAP!

Not true. Though it's getting more difficult, some schools will still take you without behind the bench experience, and without involvement in pharmacy organizations. Now that's the exception, not the rule, but I wouldn't say "at least". There are alternatives that will give you a good enough footing that you can get in without it.

has anyone heard back from the APRIL 10th interview. Did anyone get accepted, wait-listed, or rejected??????

has anyone heard back from the APRIL 10th interview. Did anyone get accepted, wait-listed, or rejected??????
Good luck to all interviewed on April 10th, I really want our class to be full and competitive.

Has anyone gone through the loan application yet for the upcoming semester? I am jus wondering that way i know what to expect. any advice is appreciated.

Thank you

How do they go by calling people off the waiting list. Anyone from 2008 class can advise. Thanks.

Good luck to all interviewed on April 10th, I really want our class to be full and competitive.

Has any one started the loan process yet?

did you guys/gals turn in your immunization sheet?

Left stranded w/o roommates.
Can't find immunization card.
Havn't had the chance to do the loans.
Havn't done nothing.

Anyone in the same situation?

Also, I heard there was a meeting this May regarding the candidacy status of CNCP. The results should be out in June and I heard CNCP did well. Any words on what this was all about?

Ps: Damn Western, Damn Touro. Ruined me.

Havn't done nothing.

Also, I heard there was a meeting this May regarding the candidacy status of CNCP. The results should be out in June and I heard CNCP did well. Any words on what this was all about?

heh...are you alternate for them?

you better call your docs and have them fax you all the immunization records~

Havn't done nothing.

I'm in the same situation. I'm a high alternate at Touro waiting for a decision. If it doesnt go the way I need it too i'll be doing alot of things last minute. I've gotten some paperwork together for CNCP.

Do we still have to see the physician even if we have all of our immunizations written on the card? It sucks because i no longer have health insurance.

I'm in the same situation. I'm a high alternate at Touro waiting for a decision. If it doesnt go the way I need it too i'll be doing alot of things last minute. I've gotten some paperwork together for CNCP.

Do we still have to see the physician even if we have all of our immunizations written on the card? It sucks because i no longer have health insurance.

awww man...yea i am alternate for western...i know your pain ><

i am trying to rush to get all my crap done before i turn 23 next month...cuz for a few months i wont have insurance till school startsss gahhh

call cncp and ask them about the cards...i think you have to have them signature...

i am getting my tetanus shot tomorrow....i feel the pain already =(

Has anyone been accepted from the waiting list yet? I know we find out our rank in mid-June but just wondering. :confused:

Hey Group!
I am in a weird situation.... I am admitted to CNCP c/o 2013, and was set on attending CNCP until UOP notified me that I was accepted.... where should I go? I will be commuting to both schools...and CNCP is closer to me than UOP...also I like how CNCP have fridays off... does anyone know if UOP's schedule is flexible...or are the days long?
I will appreciate any help...thanks :confused:

Hey Group!
I am in a weird situation.... I am admitted to CNCP c/o 2013, and was set on attending CNCP until UOP notified me that I was accepted.... where should I go? I will be commuting to both schools...and CNCP is closer to me than UOP...also I like how CNCP have fridays off... does anyone know if UOP's schedule is flexible...or are the days long?

Put money first!!! Are you comfortable paying the interest while attending CNCP? Then take it from there! :bang:

Are you seriously having trouble choosing UOP over CNCP? CNCP is not fully accredited while UOP is accredited. UOP is a 3 year accelerated program. Whereas, CNCP it is a 4 year program.

I would choose based on accreditation. I know students that came back from Hawaii (non-accredited) who lost all their money and time.

Hey Group!

UOP--- 3 year program gives you 1 extra year to be out working --> pay off loans faster

People please don't start this discussion again for God sake!!!!!!!!!!!

People please don't start this discussion again for God sake!!!!!!!!!!!

UOP All day IMHO.

I am not sure how this whole loand process works, butI'm scheduled for the class of 2013 like many of you. When CNCP get's accredited in 2012, does that mean we can use the federal loan to pay for Sallie Mae?

Thanks!

UOP All day IMHO.

I am not sure how this whole loand process works, butI'm scheduled for the class of 2013 like many of you. When CNCP get's accredited in 2012, does that mean we can use the federal loan to pay for Sallie Mae?

Thanks!

Hi Kentturbo,
That is what i have in mind. I Keep my finger cross!

UOP All day IMHO.

Thanks!

i believe you can apply in 2012. once it is accredited, we will get 1 year for fed loans...c/o '14 gets 2 years, c/o '15 gets 3 years, and c/0 '16+ gets fed loans all 4 years :D

i don't know if you can use a fed loan to pay for a sallie mae...wouldn't you be using it to pay for tuition? for 2012-2013?

Last edited:
i believe you can apply in 2012. once it is accredited, we will get 1 year for fed loans...c/o '14 gets 2 years, c/o '15 gets 3 years, and c/0 '16+ gets fed loans all 4 years :D

i don't know if you can use a fed loan to pay for a sallie mae...wouldn't you be using it to pay for tuition? for 2012-2013?

JYW003 is correct! :thumbup: I know a classmate of c/0 2013 has already got his loan approved. Just make sure you all filled out the paper work correctly and call up with sallie mae to check on the status of the loan. This classmate got accepted in 2/2009, he started on his loan process right away at that time, 3 months later it got approved. Remember Sallie Mae is sponsoring all the institutions nationally, CNCP is not the only one school that it sponsors for private loan. Be patience; however, you should follow up about your loan if you havent heard anything from them yet. Good luck everyone! I am looking forward to meet you all of you in August...can't wait! Best of luck to all!;)

By they way...don't forget to sned in your immunizations record. This is not a pain in the neck because if you were to get accepted to other pharmacy schools, they would required the same thing. If this is your passion to go to pharmacy school....do not let small obtacles get in the way. Background check during summer....and for those who has criminal background, changing your mind to a non-healthcare field is not too late (hopefully none of us)!!!! :laugh: Have a great weekend everyone!

What I had in mind was borrowing 160 k from the fed loans to pay off Sallie Mae :laugh: to keep the interest rates low, but something tells me that's not how these loans work...

What I had in mind was borrowing 160 k from the fed loans to pay off Sallie Mae :laugh: to keep the interest rates low, but something tells me that's not how these loans work...

Hentturbo,
I think you can max it out means getting the maximum amount of subsidize and unsubsidized loans. After you pay your P4 tuition, you could use the remaining money to pay Sallie Mae. That is what i am hoping to do. See you all in August.

Hentturbo,
I think you can max it out means getting the maximum amount of subsidize and unsubsidized loans. After you pay your P4 tuition, you could use the remaining money to pay Sallie Mae. That is what i am hoping to do. See you all in August.

Sounds like a plan.

Even my dad can't be approved for this loan. Who did you guys turn to for the cosign.