CA Northstate Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
are they still looking at apps? my application is incomplete( i didn't send in a reference) and they emailed me and asked if i would still complete all pre-reqs on time. my stats are pretty strong though. i couldn't call the office today cuz i got the email late. i kinda forgot about cncp...i was pharmcasing away to apply in 2009. :laugh:do you guys think they'll still do interviews? i'm excited now! i would love to start this fall...since i'll be done with all my pre-reqs and i already have my b.s.

sac's awesome too! :)

Members don't see this ad.

same here..i am having an interview on june 16 too..
how was the interview conducted? ..any piece of advice is appreciated. thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed back in January. We where in a group of 9. The Dean came in and talked to us about the school ie its goals, mission and their accreditation status. We were then split into 2 groups. One group wrote and essay while the other group went for a one on one interview. The interviews were 2 faculty per person. When you were done writing your essay, you proceeded to a wait area to be called for an interview or if you went for and interview first, u later came back to write an essay.
The interviews were pretty laid back. I'll say read though you personal statement and master it as much as you can. The questions were the usual like why pharmacy, why CNCP, tell us about urself, if you saw someone cheating in a test what will you do, and many others-Hope u guys do great.

man..i am so anxious to find out the order on the waiting list..hehe
anyone?? how many ppl do you think will get pulled off the list?

Last edited:
man..i am so anxious to find out the order on the waiting list..hehe
anyone?? how many ppl do you think will get pulled off the list?

I dont know. I know there will be like 60 people on the list though. I am sure that atleast 10 people will get pulled off b/c people will have trouble finding loans since they only have a month to get the money. By the end of next week we will probably know our waitlist numbers...wooohooo!!cant't wait b.c i am submitting my pharmcas application only if my number is too high.

I dont know. I know there will be like 60 people on the list though. I am sure that atleast 10 people will get pulled off b/c people will have trouble finding loans since they only have a month to get the money. By the end of next week we will probably know our waitlist numbers...wooohooo!!cant't wait b.c i am submitting my pharmcas application only if my number is too high.

Pharmacy2486,
Where did you get this crazy idea " they only have a month to get the money." explain please! :confused:

Well i called the admissions office a few weeks ago and they said as soon as they get accredidation which will be June25 ( if they do) everyone has until July 25 to get the first payment in. Thats what they told me, but I am not sure if they were 100% right...don't take my word on it...please call the admissions office.

well, the last interview group on june 16 was informed that there are currently 30 ppl on the waitlist. and there were about 24 ppl? at this interview. and i think not all of them will be put on the waiting list.
either denied or waitlisted.

well, the last interview group on june 16 was informed that there are currently 30 ppl on the waitlist. and there were about 24 ppl? at this interview. and i think not all of them will be put on the waiting list.
either denied or waitlisted.

Just out of curiosity, does CNCP student qualify for federal loans or will all the loans be private? My friend got accepted to this school and told me that he will be getting federal loan.

i don't so, i think your friend need to get a private loan.

Just out of curiosity, does CNCP student qualify for federal loans or will all the loans be private? My friend got accepted to this school and told me that he will be getting federal loan.

I posted something pretty extensive on this issue in some earlier post. But basically, if its a brand new school, a brand new program (in the case with CNCP), there won't be any federal aid. They are having enough trouble finding private funders for 80 students, let alone federal aid for 80 students. Your friend doesn't know what he/she is talking about. Financial aid and any other money for school is very important for the obvious reasons. You should tell your friend to get their info straight so that there are no last minute surprises.

And to clarify, federal aid is available to established schools even IF a certain program is brand new (ie. if CNCP was an established institution that is fully accredited but the pharmacy program is in the beginning stages and is not fully accredited, incoming pharmacy students are still able to get federal aid). The government is stingy with our tax dollars. :cool:

Members don't see this ad :)
Even though I am on the waitlist, I feel sorry for any students accepted but ends up not attending due to the loan. That must be such a terrible situation. Isn't the school trying to work out a private loan for the student? I wonder if they got the kinks worked out. bye

Hey well the school now says that they wont assign waitlist number until next week so one more week....cant wait till July 3!!!!

We should be hearing tomorrow abt the pre-accreditation statues. I'm soooo nervous

PharmCAs application cycle has been over for weeks

Pharmacy2486 is referring to pharmcas application for fall 2009 cycle which is already open.

Excerpt of my latest email from Sonya (dated today at 09:44:42 PST):
"Good news today, we established pre-candidacy status!!"

Excerpt of my latest email from Sonya (dated today at 09:44:42 PST):
"Good news today, we established pre-candidacy status!!"

cool... so are they going to start this fall? seems like the interviews are happening right now... just wondering if they will have all their students for the first class.

so that means students can now get loans right?

cool... so are they going to start this fall? seems like the interviews are happening right now... just wondering if they will have all their students for the first class.

so that means students can now get loans right?

Yes they will start this fall beginning August 22, 2008. CNCP already has enough students (both accepted and waitlisted) to have a full first class.

Sorry I don't know anything about loans.

Yes, yes yes...goodddd news

''We have received a verbal response this morning from the
American Council of Pharmacy Education indicating
California Northstate College of Pharmacy has been
approved for pre-candidacy status! We plan to move
forward with beginning our inaugural class August 22, 2008.

More news about this historic event will be available shortly."

I just got the e-mail too. Go CNCP!

today all of the waitlisted people got emails with out waitlist percentage......can people who dont mind post their percentage. I got on the high 20% of the waitlist.

Last edited:
today all of the waitlisted people got emails with out waitlist percentage......can people who dont mind post their percentage. I got on the high 20% of the waitlist.

I never received an email??!! Who else rec'd that email. Please let me know. I'm so anxious :scared:

i recieved it around 6 today...maybe they will do the rest tommorrow or something.

Yeah, I hope so. I'm just afraid they're going down the list in terms of notifying applicants. Maybe the bottom 80% or so will get an email tomorrow :(

Yeah, I hope so. I'm just afraid they're going down the list in terms of notifying applicants. Maybe the bottom 80% or so will get an email tomorrow :(

Don't give up! Be optimistic and every thing will be ok.

CNCP is not helping their student get lenders. I have called all the banks and no one would lend to me. You will need a deposit of 500 plus another 1,000 to to hold your spot.I cannot afford 40,000 per year, so I am going to decline their offer. After all the hard work of getting in I have to reapply to a different school. Hope you guys have better luck.....

CNCP is not helping their student get lenders. I have called all the banks and no one would lend to me. You will need a deposit of 500 plus another 1,000 to to hold your spot.I cannot afford 40,000 per year, so I am going to decline their offer. After all the hard work of getting in I have to reapply to a different school. Hope you guys have better luck.....

good luck...money is such a pressuring issue... ><''

wow! it's like buying a new lexus each year or a new bentley once; i hope this profession is worth it and will not get saturated one day like computers did. I think it's necessary to have a bachelor's degree just in case it will be difficult to find a job and they will be selective when hiring pharmacists. 40 000 dollars just thinking about it wow. How much do people have to repay per month once they start working???? what is the interest rate?

So no one else has heard about their waitlist percentage?

wow! it's like buying a new lexus each year or a new bentley once; i hope this profession is worth it and will not get saturated one day like computers did. I think it's necessary to have a bachelor's degree just in case it will be difficult to find a job and they will be selective when hiring pharmacists. 40 000 dollars just thinking about it wow. How much do people have to repay per month once they start working???? what is the interest rate?

wow if you actually think that after all of the tedious work and financial burden involved (not to mention the risk of attending a non-accredited institution, there may still be the issue of finding work, perhaps this isn't the right field....

So no one else has heard about their waitlist percentage?

Hey pharmacy2486, do you know how exactly the rankings are broken up, aside from the high 20%? is there a high 10%? let me know because I got high 20% as well, and was wondering if that's the highest. How many ppl are on the waitlist anyway? btw, did you submit your pharmcas for 2009? I'm still debating whether i should or not.

yeah i think theres a top 10% to, but i think we are atleast in the top 20...

is LOR required? its not stated on the website.

also, the school is in the precandidate status, what will be the next stage?

Yes you need 3 LORs. I got mine from a professor, a pharmacist, and a doctor I hard worked with as an assistant.
The next step after pre-accreditation is the candidate status.

So...after your told what rank you are on on the waitlist what's next? Are you guys starting on your application for next year? I started working on my pharmcas profile but I haven't completed it yet. I wonder how they going to pull people out of each rank

So...after your told what rank you are on on the waitlist what's next? Are you guys starting on your application for next year? I started working on my pharmcas profile but I haven't completed it yet. I wonder how they going to pull people out of each rank

Hey Dmadina, did you find out what your rank was? It seems like most of us are at the 20% rank. I find it so strange that they would do such ranking. It would give us a better indication if we are rank by number and not by percentage.

I called the school yesterday and they said they wont be sending out update letters until atleast after august 1st. That is the deadline for 1st tier for some of the schools im applying to...so i guess i will have to spends hundreds again and submit pharmcas.

I called the school yesterday and they said they wont be sending out update letters until atleast after august 1st. That is the deadline for 1st tier for some of the schools im applying to...so i guess i will have to spends hundreds again and submit pharmcas.

Did you get to ask them how the waitlist works? If the majority of the people are at the top 20%, who gets in and who does not?

I am going to apply CA northstate too
I have pretty low GPA

Does someone know what's the average GPA for the 1st class?

Is someone here will be nice to post their GPA
Thanks a lot

:luck::luck::luck:

Did you get to ask them how the waitlist works? If the majority of the people are at the top 20%, who gets in and who does not?

Well they actually do have a numbered list that they go by. They gave us percentages so that we wont have to be notified when as each person drops. We will probably be notifed if we get moved into a lower percentage. Get it...lol.. im not sure if i explained it rite!

:) the gpa stats are on pharmCas. =) it's 3.03 i believe.

I think I am going to apply to northstate... Did anyone here got accepted already? any tips and hints of whats it like? thanks for any inputs! is this school preaccredited?

Last edited:
I think I am going to apply to northstate... Did anyone here got accepted already? any tips and hints of whats it like? thanks for any inputs! is this school preaccredited?

If I were you, I would not do it till the dust settles down. No lenders are willing to lend any money for incoming students. Ever body is in a blink of collapsing due to lack of lenders. We were told that school is going to start regardless. So, if I were you, I would not count on CNCP for the next four or six years (or till CNCP is fully accredited). :bang: