CA Northstate Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
whom should we contact regarding admissions/interviews?
if you have the ext number as well that would be great

Members don't see this ad.

Hey friends,
I remember someone a while ago worried about CNCP not posting Its faculty profile.I checked the site today and they have already started doing it.So far they have posted 7 profiles.Not bad for a start huh?:laugh:

Have you guys noticed that the faculty are all international grads? Either got their undergraduate overseas or graduate degree overseas...I'm not doubting their intelligence but all of them will have strong accents??? It'd will kinda hard to learn when you can barely understand what they are talking about....

Members don't see this ad :)
Is Dean Hawkins a registered pharmacist in California? Besides Dean Hawkins, I notice only one faculty is a registered pharmacist. I guess I will have to wait and see but for some reason, I have a feeling it will take them a while to update the faculty profiles although the profiles are pretty concise.

Is Dean Hawkins a registered pharmacist in California? Besides Dean Hawkins, I notice only one faculty is a registered pharmacist. I guess I will have to wait and see but for some reason, I have a feeling it will take them a while to update the faculty profiles although the profiles are pretty concise.

Hi there. I'm not sure if it's been updated more since the last time you checked, but about 4 of the faculty posted so far has a pharmD. I have met several of the professors there and I can say, they do not all have accents :laugh:. I interviewed with Dr. Feng (who is posted on the website). His accent is VERY minor.

Hi there. I'm not sure if it's been updated more since the last time you checked, but about 4 of the faculty posted so far has a pharmD. I have met several of the professors there and I can say, they do not all have accents :laugh:. I interviewed with Dr. Feng (who is posted on the website). His accent is VERY minor.

I said registered California pharmacists which mean they have taken the Calilfornia board, passed and has a license to practice pharmacy in the state of California. It seems like only Feng is a registered California pharmacist.

I said registered California pharmacists which mean they have taken the Calilfornia board, passed and has a license to practice pharmacy in the state of California. It seems like only Feng is a registered California pharmacist.

Oo I thought you meant registered pharmacist in general. Dr. Frausto, my other interviewer, is also registered in CA. Not sure who else, guess we'll have to wait and see...

Oo I thought you meant registered pharmacist in general. Dr. Frausto, my other interviewer, is also registered in CA. Not sure who else, guess we'll have to wait and see...

Are they registered pharmacist? I thought you coudlnt practice pharmacy in the US with foreign pharmd degree. I mean it really doesnt matter since teaching at a pharmacy school doesnt really require a pharmd. Most faculty members at professional school tends to have Phd instead of a professional degree.

Are they registered pharmacist? I thought you coudlnt practice pharmacy in the US with foreign pharmd degree. I mean it really doesnt matter since teaching at a pharmacy school doesnt really require a pharmd. Most faculty members at professional school tends to have Phd instead of a professional degree.

If they teach the pharmaceutical side of pharmacy, then it is not a big deal. But the meat of a pharmacy education is therapeutics and you can't teach pharmacy practice when you have not actually practiced pharmacy.

I think it also matters when you start your clerkships when you are supposedly work as an intern pharmacist under the supervision of a registered pharmacist.

yea so any help with my question?

Members don't see this ad :)
did it really? i thought they extended it past april 30 and it just closed a few days ago (they posted the news on the website).

I think they just updated the website late that's all, but WOW not even one update from the school. No one has heard ANYTHING for atleast a month. I hope we hear something soon :rolleyes:.

my interview was last month, and i still got no letter or status yet. ill can stay patient for about two more weeks, then ill go insane. :eek:

Hello Everyone,

I interviewed on 4/7 and I got waitlisted.. Has anyone else from that interview group heard anything? I have been trying to be patient, but it's getting reallly difficult to do that now...

Hello Everyone,

I interviewed on 4/7 and I got waitlisted.. Has anyone else from that interview group heard anything? I have been trying to be patient, but it's getting reallly difficult to do that now...

if you're waitlisted, the wait can last until early August as the letter states. On the positive side, there's is still a chance that you will be in the first class! Good luck!

Sorry, the post is too long now. Does Northstate get pre-accredited? I am thinking about applying for it 2009.

I just wanted to add that apartment information has also been posted on the website under housing.

Sorry for taking so long to respond about the interview. Of course I was really nervous, but the staff was really nice. I can't remember who stated the class was full.....yeah that is true, but....... there is a really good chance that a student on the waitlist can be pulled. They expect many students to backout, due to being accepted from another waitlist or due to having to get a private loan. The only bad thing is that some students will not find out till the end of summer. Don't give up if you are on the waitlist there is still hope!! O and congrats to the all students accepted into the program.

Sorry for taking so long to respond about the interview. Of course I was really nervous, but the staff was really nice. I can't remember who stated the class was full.....yeah that is true, but....... there is a really good chance that a student on the waitlist can be pulled. They expect many students to backout, due to being accepted from another waitlist or due to having to get a private loan. The only bad thing is that some students will not find out till the end of summer. Don't give up if you are on the waitlist there is still hope!! O and congrats to the all students accepted into the program.
if u dont mind me asking what are your stat? Do you know if they are still interviewing?how many people where interviewing with u? thanks for the info.

Well I found out some more information last week. They are still going to have atleast 30 people that they are interviewing this month and the first week of June. So the waitlist will probably be up to like 60 people. Also, all of waitlisters will not hear anything until the end of July. This is because many people will have trouble getting a personal loan for 140,000 plus living expenses. Therefore, maybe like 10 to 20 people will get off the waitlist and we will have about three weeks to get a BIG loan. So unless we have rich families or spouses it will be very hard. I am planning to apply again to this school and other schools in June. Good luck everyone.....Hopely some of waitlisters will get in and can afford the school.

anyone still waiting for their letter after an interview!! they told me to wait cuz they're still deciding.

Most of the professor's profiles have been posted, if not all. Someone mentioned that most of them were foreign but if you go back, you'll notice it's not the case. They have also been calling abt white coat measurements. They said they'll send something in the mail.

Most of the professor's profiles have been posted, if not all. Someone mentioned that most of them were foreign but if you go back, you'll notice it's not the case. They have also been calling abt white coat measurements. They said they'll send something in the mail.

No doubt! Every thing is going slowly but surly. Go class of 2012!!!!!!!!!! :banana: :banana::banana:

hmm they have time to call people about their white coats but not to return emails or phone calls about admissions??

:thumbup:

hmm they have time to call people about their white coats but not to return emails or phone calls about admissions??

:thumbup:

The calls are also to see if accepted students are still planning to attend or not. So maybe some people will get off the waitlist.

They just sent out e-mails confirming that the class is full and there is a waiting list. They mentioned that pending pre-accreditation, orientation will be August 20-22 with the white coat ceremony being on the 22nd. They will be sending stuff in the mail in a couple of weeks

Most of the professor's profiles have been posted, if not all. Someone mentioned that most of them were foreign but if you go back, you'll notice it's not the case.

I thought it was kinda weird that CNCP posted these foreign graduates as having a pharm.D. but that is no longer the case. Also, they took down the school they graduated from so there is no way to tell whether they graduated from a foreign school or not. Not that there is anything wrong with graduating from a school outside the U.S.

I thought it was kinda weird that CNCP posted these foreign graduates as having a pharm.D. but that is no longer the case. Also, they took down the school they graduated from so there is no way to tell whether they graduated from a foreign school or not. Not that there is anything wrong with graduating from a school outside the U.S.

Um I think they took it down temporarily because if you actually click on the names, it shows you a detailed bio. So far, about 4 of those are up.

Um I think they took it down temporarily because if you actually click on the names, it shows you a detailed bio. So far, about 4 of those are up.

That's my point. If it takes them this long to post bio of faculty (imcomplete nevertheless), then I wonder how they are going to run a school.

That's my point. If it takes them this long to post bio of faculty (imcomplete nevertheless), then I wonder how they are going to run a school.

For goodness sake, cut them some slack. They're building a bland new thing from scratch. Besides the bios are not their most important goal. Once they accomplished the main goal in June and if you're accepted, you have 4yrs to stalk them.

Well it's a good thing they rejected you because obviously you're such a good candidate. 1. you applied late 2. you applied to a school you dislike 3. you keep checking their website even though you dislike the school.

Makes sense.

I am glad you decided to delete your comments. You seriously need some anger management.

Hey IBU, aren't you tired of people replying to your comments of how they do not like what you're saying to the school that they will attend? I don't need any anger management, I just took my comment off because I just want to be civilized. But sometimes you just needed someone to tell you how they feel about your ignorance.

i just interviewed yesterday along with some 20 other people. They are also doing one more round of interviews with about the same amount of people. There are already 30 people on the waitlist and they said two people from the waitlist were accepted at another school.

they are planning to use pharmcas for the upcoming cycle sometime in july..

Last edited:
i just interviewed yesterday along with some 20 other people. They are also doing one more round of interviews with about the same amount of people. There are already 30 people on the waitlist and they said two people from the waitlist were accepted at another school.

they are planning to use pharmcas for the upcoming cycle sometime in july..

Did they mention how many people they are going to put on the waitlist. It seems it will go up to about 50. Did they also say what the chances are of being accepted? How do you think you did? PM if you would like. Thanks!

had given up hope
but interview is coming up

Last edited:
if you dont live too far like out of the state or something then id go to the interview

yea..wat the heck..i will go since i only live about an hour and a half away. it's no loss for going..hehe..this is my first interview...excited, but there is also a waiting list...:confused:

by the way, did they both email and call you for an interview because i only recieved a phone call. i am waiting for an email to make sure that i heard it right throughthe phone about the date of my interview.
do they usually call you abouut two weeks in advance?
who should i contact to confirm my date of interview. thanks

is there interview feedbacks for CNCP? i have seen other schools' feedback, but not this school

Last edited:
PharmD2Be1983, you should receive an email with your time and date of the interview as a confirmation, or you could call to make sure, it doesn't hurt. I rather call right away than wait. You call and ask for a confirmation. They should be more than glad to help, that's their job. They invited me for the interview the week before it was scheduled. There aren't any feedbacks for this school, cuz it's so new. But you can breeze through the other schools cuz the interview questions are redundant and basic. I recommend you to go through your essay and know it by heart. Just enjoy and try to relax!!! Good luck!

got a question..do u think the admissions commiitte will look at a BS degree to be a big factor in the admission process? b/c unfortunately, i won't be able to have my degree prior to entering the program if i get accepted. i just need two more classes..man..i am scare about the degree thingy..what do u think?

Last edited:
got a question..do u think the admissions commiitte will look at a BS degree to be a big factor in the admission process? b/c unfortunately, i won't be able to have my degree prior to entering the program if i get accepted. i just need two more classes..man..i am scare about the degree thingy..what do u think?

Hey there. I've heard of a situation where a person was put on the CNCP waitlist because they didn't have a BS. This was early on in the cycle when most ppl were being accepted. But, being on the waitlist is better than being rejected right? There's still a chance. Just concentrate on your interview and do your best. good luck!