CA Northstate Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I actually knew the acceptance from CNCP a week after the interview through email and phone call.
Good Luck!

Thanks. I guess I should hear back by this Friday if I am a good applicant. So are you going to this school??

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah I think so, unless there's something change with this school. I paid the deposit last month already =)
Thanks. I guess I should hear back by this Friday if I am a good applicant. So are you going to this school??

Yeah I think so, unless there's something change with this school. I paid the deposit last month already =)

So are you planning to move out there? Do you need a roommate? If I get in I am looking for one! May we can be roomies..hehehe...lol!

Members don't see this ad :)
I plan to move to somewhere close to CNCP. I am not sure whether I need a roommate, I might need a roommate later though. To be honest, I don't even know how to move there since I have TONS of stuff I need to move. At least, I have a piano =( Whenever I think about this, I have headache already! Everything is not set for now. I probably wait for that welcome packet and see what kind of housing information that CNCP provides us and decide. Where are you from? Nice meeting you anyways. Let me know when you get in and you can always pm me! =)
So are you planning to move out there? Do you need a roommate? If I get in I am looking for one! May we can be roomies..hehehe...lol!

Hey guys,

IS there anyone looking forward to living with housemates? Living co-ed is fine too.
If i get in, i am going to look for roommates/housemates. Anyone interested? Hehe, i am planning ahead already.
i am a girl and vietnamese by the way.

Hey guys,

IS there anyone looking forward to living with housemates? Living co-ed is fine too.
If i get in, i am going to look for roommates/housemates. Anyone interested? Hehe, i am planning ahead already.

Hey IntoPharmD2008, when did you have your interview? I just had my interview on 4/7, so I'm still waiting to hear back. If i get in, i'll be looking for housing as well. But not yet, since i don't want to jinx it :D.

i'm looking for roomates as well! co-ed is fine with me too.

Hey guys,

I mite need a roomate/houemate later on, but everything is not set for now, so I can't say that for sure! I am girl also! heeheee!!

for sure they will not have on campus housing. do any of you guys know the average cost for an apartment in rancho cordova?

for sure they will not have on campus housing. do any of you guys know the average cost for an apartment in rancho cordova?

I actually random searched online, and it was abt 700 of a 1 bedroom apartment. Of course I am not 100% sure whether the price is accruate! I prob will wait till the welcome packet which will include all the housing information

If anybody finds a house where we can all live in, I'd be down for that.

I think it's possible to find really cheap (<500/month) but I'm not too sure about that.

If anybody finds a house where we can all live in, I'd be down for that.

I think it's possible to find really cheap (<500/month) but I'm not too sure about that.

For a one bedroom apartment? Wow that will be cool

I just randomly search somewhere close to school like a 4 minutes driving distance. So yeah!

Members don't see this ad :)
They all look really nice.
Before committing to anything though, people who want to find roommates should meet first to see if they get along.

I agree :)

wow, thanks for showing us the housing list at craigslist.
I have an idea. It would be great if anyone interested in finding roommates/housemates meet up at the same time to get to know each other, and then pick our roommates there.

Hey guys,

for those that have been accepted to CNCP, there's a facebook group which I think you should join. There are currently 19 members but I'm sure a lot more have been accepted. It's a good way to meet your future classmates.

thanks for the craiglisting =)

for those who have applied or got accepted, are u guys anticipating a degree prior to entering pharmacy school?

I put down my anticipated date of graduation this summer on the application. but now, i am not sure if i can get my degree before entering pharmacy school becaue i have one more class which I am unable to take over the summer. should i inform the admissions committee about this? would this greatly affect my chance of getting admitted?

for those who have applied or got accepted, are u guys anticipating a degree prior to entering pharmacy school?

I put down my anticipated date of graduation this summer on the application. but now, i am not sure if i can get my degree before entering pharmacy school becaue i have one more class which I am unable to take over the summer. should i inform the admissions committee about this? would this greatly affect my chance of getting admitted?

Yes, it wouldn't hurt to tell them. I don't think it's going to be a problem anyways because 1) you are already accepted, and 2) It's not required to have a Bachelor's degree to start. But anyways, just let them know to be on the safe side.

Hey there, you can still log in the same on the old web address to check your application status. And hey shik, you're starting to sound real bitter on here, lighten up a little will ya?

The same thing is happening to me. We you able to log in eventually? Also, for those of you who were accepted, did your application status change or is it still stuck at "Interview"?

Hi All,
I just checked CNCP's website and found out that the school has changed their website domain. Here is the new site: www.californiacollegeofpharmacy.org I tried to check my application status and would not let me log in. I then clicked on forgot my password and recieved new five degit #s password via my e-mail. And tried to log in again; however, no luck. +pissed+ Hi guys, check if you could log in using the new five digits #s. thanks!

oops, my post above was meant to quote Proteomics.

I agree. But I am still in South Cal, when is the best time we should meet? Like sometime around July?
They all look really nice.
Before committing to anything though, people who want to find roommates should meet first to see if they get along.

oops, my post above was meant to quote Proteomics.

Yes! i was able to log in after few tempts. they will send you temporary pass down via your e-mail.if you click on forgot password. I believe it is 5 or 6 digits #. good luck!

Yes I'll be graduating this summer with a BS in BioSci. As far as meeting, didn't they say they are going to have some sort of open house in June or July, so that we could meet potential lenders? We could all meet then :hello:.

Yes I'll be graduating this summer with a BS in BioSci. As far as meeting, didn't they say they are going to have some sort of open house in June or July, so that we could meet potential lenders? We could all meet then :hello:.

That's a good idea. Yep Cindy told me that we are going to have some sorta open house and orientation day.

hey guys,

do u think this schoool will offer any grants to student base on income level or financial needs, and the rest you have to borrow loan?

hey guys,

do u think this schoool will offer any grants to student base on income level or financial needs, and the rest you have to borrow loan?

I doubt it. I will personally go for loan. Max it out baby!:banana:

hey guys,

Grads schools rarely give out grants. I believe CNCP can't participate in the Stafford, Perkins and HPSL loans yet because they are unaccredited, if so all the loans would have to be Private Student loans, which are the most expensive and don't offer the forgiveness benefits of the others. Unsubsidized Stafford is 6.8% is the normal loan for most people, Perkins is for low income at 5% and HPSL is 5% for people who's parents are low income. Private Loans are usually around 7% to 14% depending on your credit. Private loans usually require good credit or you need to get a co-signer unlike the government loans which have lower credit standards. If I'm wrong on this correct me please. I believe this is a major drawback because a couple of percentage more in interest on over 140K or so is a lot of money over the long term. Also, you can't consolidate the loan to a 30 year term. And no, you can't deduct the interest from your taxes because you'll be earning more than income level in which you can as a pharmacist. Good luck, hope this helps.

Hey all,
Howdy? Goody I hope. I know a lot of us are concerned about the PBL and how it will be utilized at CNCP. I emailed Dean Hawkins regarding this matter and this is what it is. Their plan is to use a Team Based Learning structure for the courses which is designed to engage students in active learning. Concepts WILL BE TAUGHT in different ways such as lectures during class and outside of class so that we will be prepared for in-class-active learning activities (I assume they are projects that we all have to work on as a group). He also said that it is not as bad as what we imagine it would be and that it will make perfect sense once class begins :) I hope this helps clarify some of your questions and ease your worries a bit :banana:

My question for you guys: ANY GOOD LENDOR with LOW INTEREST OUT THERE???

Hey everyone I just got some information from Gail today. She said that anyone who interviewed this month will not hear from CNCP for atleast two to three weeks because the class a almost full and they are getting a lot of applications. So I wanted to know if this is true...Has anyone who got interviwed within the last 2 weeks and has heard back from CNCP????

Hey everyone I just got some information from Gail today. She said that anyone who interviewed this month will not hear from CNCP for atleast two to three weeks because the class a almost full and they are getting a lot of applications. So I wanted to know if this is true...Has anyone who got interviwed within the last 2 weeks and has heard back from CNCP????

Sry to hear that, but yes it's quite possible. The last time I spoke with Dr. Frausto, they knew they were going to receive more applications towards end of Mar-Apr. Since most schools stop interviewing Mar-Apr, they knew people who were rejected to other schools were going to apply to CNCP. Unfortunately for you and those that interviewed around your time, it will be slightly more competitive as they review the new applicants. But hey, at least you haven't been waitlisted :rolleyes:.

Sry to hear that, but yes it's quite possible. The last time I spoke with Dr. Frausto, they knew they were going to receive more applications towards end of Mar-Apr. Since most schools stop interviewing Mar-Apr, they knew people who were rejected to other schools were going to apply to CNCP. Unfortunately for you and those that interviewed around your time, it will be slightly more competitive as they review the new applicants. But hey, at least you haven't been waitlisted :rolleyes:.

i got the same info from Gail this morning. Isn't kind of weird that they'd be waiting for new applicants when the admissions is on a rolling basis? :confused:

I don't think they are waiting for new applications, rather they are waiting for accepted students to decide whether they want to attend or not and send in their deposit check. That is the only way the school would know if they are still seats available for admission for the late applicants.

they probaly have accepted almost everyone but not everyone has confirmed i think that is why they extended the deadline from the 15th untill the class is filled

hey,

so if it takes about 3-4 weeks to process the applications, what does it mean now that the applications are in the processed of being reviewed? are there any applications that did not get reviewed at all after they are processed?

Hey everyone I just got some information from Gail today. She said that anyone who interviewed this month will not hear from CNCP for atleast two to three weeks

Another reason could be that the ACPE will be visiting on April 24, 25 which is about 2 wks from today.

Wow..well when I interviewed 3 weeks ago, Dean Hawkins said that they won't fill the class completely because they will be waiting on more applications towards the end of april from students that did not get accepted anywhere else. At the time, I thought it wasn't fair because isn't the point of rolling admissions to accept students until the class gets filled?? No matter how many other more applicants they r anticipating? Luckily I got accepted a week later. But anyhow, I think it makes sense, the later you interview, the more competitive. I assume that they have probably filled over 75% of the class. But I still think they shouldn't wait on other applicants because it's not fair for the people that already interviewed. I think that's another way of getting more money ($60 for the application fee) lol.

When was this ad posted?? Maybe it's old

It's a new school, so they're still looking for more faculty? I don't think there's anything weird at all.

It is weird because when a new school opens, it starts with hiring the department chair first then the rest of the faculty.

It is also weird because the ACPE is about to visit in 2 wks and the school is still looking for a deparment chair.

It is weird because when a new school opens, it starts with hiring the department chair first then the rest of the faculty.

It is also weird because the ACPE is about to visit in 2 wks and the school is still looking for a deparment chair.

oh. Gotcha. Sorry.

Yea it's a little weird. I hope it doesn't affect the ACPE visit!

Even though you are assuming that the situation might be wierd, this is not a huge issue concerning them obtaining the pre-candidate status. Dean Hawkins says that this department is fairly small. Since this is the case, if it comes down to it, Dr. Hawkins will step in and fill this position himself. In another word, he's going to do ever it takes to make this school move forward. That's what was said per Gail. In addition, if most of us are concerned about whether or not they would have to completely finish rennovating the builiding before the ACPE comes out in two weeks, this will not have to be the case. The rennovation does not have to be fully complete by the time the ACPE committee comes out. What they are mainly looking for is the school's progress, from where they were when the ACPE first came out and where they are now. And from the looks of it, things are pretty awesome, and they have come a long way. But one of the main things that they will be looking for is the outline of the faculty members (professors) making sure that everyone is in place and making sure that the school is fully staffed to accommodate those 80 students that they are planning to admit. At this time, that goal is nearly complete with the waiting of one more professor coming from UOP. For those of us who have submitted our deposits, look forward in receiving the confirmation reciept that was sent out this Saturday.

who should i contact to find out if they have recieved my documents/application yet? thanks

Even though you are assuming that the situation might be wierd, this is not a huge issue concerning them obtaining the pre-candidate status. Dean Hawkins says that this department is fairly small. Since this is the case, if it comes down to it, Dr. Hawkins will step in and fill this position himself. In another word, he's going to do ever it takes to make this school move forward. That's what was said per Gail. In addition, if most of us are concerned about whether or not they would have to completely finish rennovating the builiding before the ACPE comes out in two weeks, this will not have to be the case. The rennovation does not have to be fully complete by the time the ACPE committee comes out. What they are mainly looking for is the school's progress, from where they were when the ACPE first came out and where they are now. And from the looks of it, things are pretty awesome, and they have come a long way. But one of the main things that they will be looking for is the outline of the faculty members (professors) making sure that everyone is in place and making sure that the school is fully staffed to accommodate those 80 students that they are planning to admit. At this time, that goal is nearly complete with the waiting of one more professor coming from UOP. For those of us who have submitted our deposits, look forward in receiving the confirmation reciept that was sent out this Saturday.

Thanks for the info again :D