C/O 2017 Applicants!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
That is why I didn't see it, I don't think I read all of those. I saw about 50,000 threads from one new person and decided that it was probably a troll only really read a one or two of them.

It actually wasn't a troll which made it even more entertaining. I was called a bully for trying to help :laugh: ... issues that one had. :cool:

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
So do I... :laugh:

Good Luck c/o 2017!!! Knock their socks off!! :D :D :D :luck:

:( No, don't slap me! I've been warned continually that my age could actually be a detriment to my application.
I wish all of you the best of luck, regardless :)

:( No, don't slap me! I've been warned continually that my age could actually be a detriment to my application.
I wish all of you the best of luck, regardless :)

We have 2 or 3 people in our class that were your age when they applied.

Members don't see this ad :)
There was a 4th vet student I met who was 21 to my 22

Sent from my PC36100 using SDN Mobile

I wish I knew what I had wanted to do when I was 17! At that point, I just wanted to travel the world. :laugh:

I wish I knew what I had wanted to do when I was 17! At that point, I just wanted to travel the world. :laugh:

Seriously!?! It took a life-threatening/altering auto accident for me to REALLY push for this...

She was from Spain. Supposedly they don't do undergrad. You can go straight to vet school.

Ohhh. Well that makes sense. That's how the professional school systems works over there. It's a bit odd, but I totally thought you were talking about a US student. It still baffles me a little bit that my ex is going to be 23 when he graduates med school in England.

May our dreams of vet school come true this application cycle :xf:

This waiting is killing me. I am definitely keeping myself busy and trying hard not to think about it... but that is so much easier said than done!

I am also wishing I didn't tell anyone I was applying... having everyone ask me about it all the time makes me nervous haha. At work the Dr.'s are all calling me over to see cool stuff and telling me "When you learn this in school..." and such, I just don't want to let them and my family/friends down.

I'm not alone! lol I don't mind certain people like my parents and boyfriend knowing, but if I don't get in I'm going to dread telling everyone else (especially the people who don't understand the work and competitiveness that it takes to get accepted and might just think I'm too stupid etc.)

But I don't know how I would have hid that I want to be a veterinarian or that I'm applying anyways

I'm not alone! lol I don't mind certain people like my parents and boyfriend knowing, but if I don't get in I'm going to dread telling everyone else (especially the people who don't understand the work and competitiveness that it takes to get accepted and might just think I'm too stupid etc.)

But I don't know how I would have hid that I want to be a veterinarian or that I'm applying anyways

People are usually super understanding and are more often than not outraged for you. I have yet to have one person be disappointed in me thus far. (But if I don't get in this cycle, we'll see...) So I know it sounds daunting, but really, telling people is so far down on the list of concerns. :)

people are usually super understanding and are more often than not outraged for you. I have yet to have one person be disappointed in me thus far. (and i'm so excited to get in this cycle and be emiloo's little next year!!!! :banana: ...) so i know it sounds daunting, but really, telling people is so far down on the list of concerns. :)

ftfy ;)

I actually have some real interview news. I went to a lecture by the new Interim Dean of Admissions at Auburn last night. He said that if you are a KY/AL resident and you meet the minimum requirements, you will get an interview. I'll post this on the Auburn thread as well. Just a heads up for AL/KY residents who applied to Auburn. We can all start obsessing about interviews NOW. :D

I actually have some real interview news. I went to a lecture by the new Interim Dean of Admissions at Auburn last night. He said that if you are a KY/AL resident and you meet the minimum requirements, you will get an interview. I'll post this on the Auburn thread as well. Just a heads up for AL/KY residents who applied to Auburn. We can all start obsessing about interviews NOW. :D

Yeah for some reason Auburn has a small applicant pool for IS an KY contract seats, so I think they've always interviewed most of them if not everyone.

I think LSU interviews all IS applicants too. Oh wait, I'm the only one here that applies to. :rolleyes:

So, this MD I work with who waited until Sunday afternoon to finally submit the LOR asked me this morning if I have received an interview invite yet. :confused:

People are usually super understanding and are more often than not outraged for you. I have yet to have one person be disappointed in me thus far. (But if I don't get in this cycle, we'll see...) So I know it sounds daunting, but really, telling people is so far down on the list of concerns. :)

Yeah, I've had a LOT of people say things like, "Oh you're SURE to get in!" or "You have nothing to worry about!" and all I keep thinking is, "IF YOU ONLY KNEW." :laugh:

I dread having to tell people that I didn't get in this round, especially the close friends and family who have had to hear about the application process for the last......oh two or more years. I've tried to cushion the blow by explaining that lots of folks don't get in first round and that I'm fully prepared for a rejection, but they just think I'm being self-deprecating :rolleyes:
Gotta love it!

So, this MD I work with who waited until Sunday afternoon to finally submit the LOR asked me this morning if I have received an interview invite yet. :confused:

Yeah. My mother asked me on Monday if I had heard anything yet. I was like...."applications aren't even due yet til tomorrow." Her response was "I'll have to write that down."

:smack:

I am also wishing I didn't tell anyone I was applying... having everyone ask me about it all the time makes me nervous haha. At work the Dr.'s are all calling me over to see cool stuff and telling me "When you learn this in school..." and such, I just don't want to let them and my family/friends down.

This is my second round. I had those fears the first time, but it really wasn't as bad as I expected. I was most worried about my grandparents being disappointed, but they understood it was difficult. Most people were kind enough not to ask when I didn't share any good news. Those that did generally had the response of "What is wrong with them? They obviously aren't evaluting at the right criteria" :rolleyes:

I'm non-traditional though, so a big fault in my application was that I'd never taken a full time load of science courses, as I am adult and have to work to pay the bills. So that was an easy thing to explain, say how I'm fixing it (loans this semester :scared:), and say I'll try again.

I think with the economy now, everyone knows everything is difficult- the community college in my area has a two year waitlist to get into health assistantship programs! Grad schools all have heavy enrollment, etc.

I feel the same way about not wanting to "disappoint" people. Most are more confident in me getting in than I am! I work at UGA CVM, and the vet I work under keeps telling me when I get my acceptance letter to come talk with him. He wants to be my advisor. It's going to be really awkward when I get rejected.... Also having friends in vet school that keep referring to me as a "future vet student" is daunting. The pressure is on!

Must be nice. To have an IS. :mad:

(Don't mind me, I'm not really angry, just bitter than I am OOS everywhere)

Ughhh I know exactly what you mean! Being from Rhode Island gets me no where...no IS, no contract. Blah!

Ughhh I know exactly what you mean! Being from Rhode Island gets me no where...no IS, no contract. Blah!

I know how you guys feel (I'm from NJ). But if I did it, so can you!

Yeah. My mother asked me on Monday if I had heard anything yet. I was like...."applications aren't even due yet til tomorrow." Her response was "I'll have to write that down."

:smack:
Some of my friends are getting acceptances to med school already. It's crazy! I wish I knew that soon. One of them got a rejection, and I tried to comfort her by explaining how I didn't get in last year to vet school, and she just ignored me because "it's harder to get into veterinary school".

Ugh I feel for y'all with the no IS thing. That would really suck. :xf: for everyone.