BU INTERVIEW invitation 2010

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
hey,
Thanx for clearing that doubt mission ISP :)

Members don't see this ad.

Any one got interview recently ? Any idea how many got accepted?

This wait is killing everybody....!!! I guess this is due to the Holiday season...!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello all, I am a nw member of this group.
My scores are
Part 1 80 (BAD),
ece 3.9
mph gpa 4.00
toefl 113
Do you think I should apply for admission to NYU or BU this year? DO i stand any chances?
Thank you in advance.

Hello all, I am a nw member of this group.
My scores are
Part 1 80 (BAD),
ece 3.9
mph gpa 4.00
toefl 113
Do you think I should apply for admission to NYU or BU this year? DO i stand any chances?
Thank you in advance.

I have no experience about the selection process, but I would suggest you to atleast secure your date ASAP for next year for the NBDE part 1 exam. You will not be able to do it after December 31, 2009. This way if you want to improve your score you can always do it.

Meanwhile apply to the schools for this year you have nothing to loose. Good Luck.

Hi all,

my application has completed review in sept itself, but still didnt get call from BU, this long wait is killing a lot.Getting tensed a lot day by day.:(

hey is there anyone who got application under review recently???// or any call after 22nd jan ?

hey is there anyone who got application under review recently???// or any call after 22nd jan ?

I got application under review email today. Based the responses in this thread, there is no time line when one can expect the final result. We will have to wait.

Hi,
If you don't mind could you please share ur stats.
Thanks in advance

I got application under review email today. Based the responses in this thread, there is no time line when one can expect the final result. We will have to wait.

yupp i knw its only about waiting now. i also got application under review today. and my stats are exactly similar to you.... no difference!!!:):):)

GO knows how long will be this wait...??i got application under review email in september...since then havent heard anything from BU...can anyone suggest what dpes it mean??is that they have reviewd and rejected or they may call for interview after such long duration???Is there anyone who got interview call recently with application under review in sep...??please share your experience...it will be helpful to those who are waiting..:xf:

hey there
i applied in september and got application under review email on october 15th and havn't heard anything since then... god knows what they're thinking about!

Has anyone got the interview after 21 jan
Or BU is done with their interview process??

Members don't see this ad :)
hi ppl ,
i applied to bu in september ...but havent heard from then since . i had an 85 on nbde part 1..retook it..and now got an 89...i have made the changes on CAAPID ...was wondering do i stand a chance for an interview now since it's so late ? my other stats r 117/3.79 (toefl/gpa).

@bookwormdoc. i think u have really a strong profile. let their second cycle begin ,i think u will definately get a call..when did u get application review mail?

hi
could u please explain what do u mean by second cycle , i mean do u hv any idea when it will start and how many people have been selected from thhe first cycle ?
thanks in advance...

@bookwormdoc. i think u have really a strong profile. let their second cycle begin ,i think u will definately get a call..when did u get application review mail?

hey i cant say it for sure but still they have to select atleast 15 folks from wat i gathered from the forums and stuff. and the second cycle means now after 21st jan they are gonna start interviews again... for which they might start sending invitations anytime... but we have to wait.
correct me if wrong
i hope it helps!!

hello feelgood,

why do u say BU has only 15 more candidates to select. they take 70 students in all. do u think they hav selected 55 students? kindly reply.

Most likely 40-45 candidates (Considering interview process started on 15th oct, there should be 8-9 batches being interviewed till now, so yes; 40-45 candidates may have been given acceptance), now; I feel, that many accepted candidates will be declining BU acceptance offer due to available other choices!!! So, at least, 20-25 candidates (at present moment) may decline BU offer due to personal preferences. So, that brings lots of space for candiates eagerly waiting to hear from BU .... So, don't worry, guys!!! (My logical counting :D tells that maximum 30 seats are confirmed for admission as of today, so still 45 seats available for you guys!!! :luck: )

BU is one of the schools where lots of shuffling goes every year, my few friends got BU acceptance as late as in April (maybe later than that :thumbup:)

Hope that helps,

Wish you all the best!!!:thumbup:

hello feelgood,

why do u say BU has only 15 more candidates to select. they take 70 students in all. do u think they hav selected 55 students? kindly reply.

hello mission ISP,

thanx for clearing that out!

@ feelgood :
i had received under review email a week back but i just received the my 2nd attempt nbde 1 scores on friday...i immediately updated it on caapid ..so im hoping to hear from them soon !

@bookwormdoc
u have really gud score and other stats.. look at the posts above. hope for the best
even i got it a week back !
gud luk!!!!

@bookwormdoc

ur stats are good and u have a good chance for getting interviews. its just a matter of time

@MissionISP
thanx for the great work and it will definitely help all those waiting to hear from boston.

hi got it for 21st jan 2010

Hi,
Could you please tell us when did u receive email for IV call?When ur application has completed?Plz share ur stats.

Thanks a lot in advance.Please respond............

any recent interview calls from BU??? :sleep::sleep:

Hey All,

I got an interview invite for Feb. 9th. I received an email on Dec. 10th. I am from UBC in Vancouver, Canada.

Grant

congrats,hi could u plz tell wen u applied and plz share ur stats?

Hey Guys,

Congrats to those who got accepted. And Good Luck to those who are waiting.

My stats are :

NBDE Part 1 : 91
Toefl : 114
GPA : 3.78

I got my NBDE result on 23 Dec. I was wondering if there is a way we can know how many spots are still available in BU. And due to holidays I cannot apply till January now. So if anyone can advice me if I should apply to CAAPID now or is it too late??

How long does CAAPID takes to process the application?

Please advice me.

Hey Guys,

CAn anyone please let me know if it is worthwhile to apply to all the universities through CAAPID or should I just apply to BU.

Thanks in advance.

bddsgirl,
you have nice stats, you should give it a try. you have to submit your application to CAAPID before the deadline which is feb, processing time doesnt count.
and you cant apply to BU directly now, you have to do it through CAAPID.

wish you all the best.

and no one can tell tell you how many seats are available.

Hey Guys,

CAn anyone please let me know if it is worthwhile to apply to all the universities through CAAPID or should I just apply to BU.

Thanks in advance.

Its better to try as you never know. Your stats are great. if you dont try you are already rejected :)

Thank you Guys.

I will apply to CAAPID. Always hope for the best.

hi frnds!can anyone tell me what all supplemental material do we need to send to boston besides the caapid application and their fees.

Dear Root Caries,

They will send you an interview call with out any supplemental material. Once you receive the call they give you sufficient time to send them an official copy of NBDE scores and TOEFL scores. Wishing you good luck.

Dear Root Caries,

They will send you an interview call with out any supplemental material. Once you receive the call they give you sufficient time to send them an official copy of NBDE scores and TOEFL scores. Wishing you good luck.
dear possible,thank u so much

I am looking for students invited for BU interview on Jan 14th......Is there anyone to share an accomodation or talk about the interview??

I am looking for students invited for BU interview on Jan 14th......Is there anyone to share an accomodation or talk about the interview??

I have interview at BU on Jan 14th!!!

has BU stopped sending interview emails ??? ive been waiting still ages :( ..

JOIN THE CLUB !! i have been waiting for a while too ...but i have no idea whats going on ...they said they have interviews till march so lets keep our hopes high !
All the best.

has BU stopped sending interview emails ??? ive been waiting still ages :( ..

hey guys,
I'm waiting for the interview call too... I guess we're all sailing on the same boat!:xf:

hey good luck ACDSgrad!!!!!........

HI

anyone interested in sharing accomodation for bu iv on 21st jan?

Did U finish your exams, What were your scores by the way? Hope U dont mind sharing with us. Thanks in advance- Laxmi.

thank you bombay bds and possible......u guys r very much right...iam much distracted towards these things...i will put my best in....
thank u n all d best to u guys.