BU INTERVIEW invitation 2010

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Dear butchh,

You dont have to wait till next year you will definitely get it in bu this year for sure(90%) and by chance if it does not work there nyu is your back up. your gpa is excellent I know people with 2.3 gpa accepted in bu as far as bu is concerned you have a very strong chance, as some one sugessted find a dentist near you and observe. this will add up your resume. I see no reason why you should think of next year. the other universities you mentioned have less no of seats thats why people with good stats like you might be left out there. cheer up man if i were to get a 92 in part1 i would jump up to the sky. good luck with bu.
thanks possible.if anything works out this year ,i will b happy.onething i m much confused ,some students with low scores and without any experiences are getting admitted ,so i feel that i m very unlucky.i worked in my home country for 3 yrs and here as i m in h4 status,i dont know is it possible to get us work experience?moreover in boston i heared that they have called for 7 batches ,so almost they called more than 7o students for the interview,so i m loosing my hope.moreover i dont know what the universities are expecting.?i think getting admission is partly based on the luck.getting frustrated

Members don't see this ad.

Hi butchh,
Don't get frustated! I was exactly in the same situation like yours. I worked my way through, and I am sure you can too. PM me if you need to ask anything in person! I will be more than happy to share my experience with you. Keep faith and have patience (I know its easier said than done )
Best Wishes,

Pearl

Dear butchh,

The universities u had attended interview are small programs with each university having their own criteria so just because x y z university did not take u it does not mean bu will not take you. I had bitter experiences before i got the acceptance into bu. My experiences with bu is that they never miss a person with strong credentials their only criteria of selection is a high part 1score (this is the most important and u have it) toefl score above 100 (u have it and other things are ur motivation (ur intrest in getting a dmd) they measure this partly by what u have done in ur country and what ur doing after coming to us. the easiest way to get experience in us is to go to a practicing dentist and make a request about your intrest in dmd program and intrest in learning the dental system here. dont stop at one clinic, i have visited at least 6 people before i got a final yes. do it right now. keep meeting dentists and make a request. believe me bu is different from others in selecting people, to make an example of their reaction to strong credentials. i got the call within a week of application and got accepted within 4 days of the interview and people who got accepted along with me had high part1 scores and came on b1 visa(they did nothing in usa at all) so trust me if u do not get better offers than bu i am sure i will meet u. good luck for making it to class of 2012

Members don't see this ad :)
Dear butchh,

The universities u had attended interview are small programs with each university having their own criteria so just because x y z university did not take u it does not mean bu will not take you. I had bitter experiences before i got the acceptance into bu. My experiences with bu is that they never miss a person with strong credentials their only criteria of selection is a high part 1score (this is the most important and u have it) toefl score above 100 (u have it and other things are ur motivation (ur intrest in getting a dmd) they measure this partly by what u have done in ur country and what ur doing after coming to us. the easiest way to get experience in us is to go to a practicing dentist and make a request about your intrest in dmd program and intrest in learning the dental system here. dont stop at one clinic, i have visited at least 6 people before i got a final yes. do it right now. keep meeting dentists and make a request. believe me bu is different from others in selecting people, to make an example of their reaction to strong credentials. i got the call within a week of application and got accepted within 4 days of the interview and people who got accepted along with me had high part1 scores and came on b1 visa(they did nothing in usa at all) so trust me if u do not get better offers than bu i am sure i will meet u. good luck for making it to class of 2012
thanks for ur words.lets hope for the best

Hi SDN Friends,

My stats are NBDE part -1 88, Toefl 110 and GPA 3.5. 2 yrs experience in home country . I applied yesterday to BU. what are my chances ?

dear nbde ndbe1,

have u applied to nyu if not please complete your application at nyu as the interviews at nyu start around jan you would have a bright chances as far as bu is concerned try to improve ur resume by trying to get us experience. good luck.

dear nbde ndbe1,

have u applied to nyu if not please complete your application at nyu as the interviews at nyu start around jan you would have a bright chances as far as bu is concerned try to improve ur resume by trying to get us experience. good luck.

Dear Possible, Thanks for your reply. Yes I am now going to apply for New York.

Dear maiya,

Now you dont have to do anything they will contact you and ask you to pay the fee u would get an email shortly and follow the instructions. Goodluck

thanx fren
all the best for future

@ash78
thanx.
ur resume seems to be really strong so that wil be a good boost to ur chances. but schools also need a good nbde score as well. so i think it is important for u to improve ur board score and apply as early as possible to the universities. some students have got in to diff uni with a score similar to yours, so its just a matter of being at the right place at the right time.
you can p.m me if u have any queries am happy to help, all the best.
thnx ortho14,
actually what restricted me from appling on the BU was that they aske for min.85 . Kindly tell me ...if i apply to retake the exam, does the joint commission sent both the scores next year or the latest score or if some1 fail/ score less in d next attempt how d scores are sent.

if i reapply before filling my application will the sore b sent to the university or not?
at this moment i 'm really tensed whether to retake or apply to univ.:confused:

heyy guyss any one got any news yet ??? ......

Not yet buddy!!!!!!!
hi frens
I want to send nbde scores to colleges.I am confused whether we have to fill individual request form of ada or we can fill in same form and make a combined draft for all colleges\
plizz reply fast
want to send the post as soon as possible
thanx in advance
maiya

Dear maiya,

You can do it in one form and send the whole amount by money order to ada. u can use express mail if you want it fast. It is convenient this way. your questions in this issue are welcome.

Members don't see this ad :)
Dear maiya,

You can do it in one form and send the whole amount by money order to ada. u can use express mail if you want it fast. It is convenient this way. your questions in this issue are welcome.

dear fren
thanx
I posted it today,thanx for help
maiya

dear maiya,

you are welcome. wishing you good luck with ur interview calls

I recieved an application under review mail from BU a month back and nothing then after.
can u please help me suggest something to improve my profile..please do help i am really very worried

Last edited:
@ash78
i guess they wil send the latest scores to the university. and about applying to uni i guess u should apply to all u can now cos even if u retake the exam u might be late for the deadlines. u can apply to the uni and simultaniously start preparing for retaking the exam. u can also keep an eye out for university of colorado their deadlines are later so u can plan accordingly.

dear minitooth123,

U have done your best with your exams. as a back up apply soon to nyu as they havent started the interview process. try to get some us experience like observership, research etc. if time permits u can think of part2.good luck

I declined BU acceptance offer yesterday (I had my acceptance from BU last month itself). So, one more seat for you guys :thumbup: I hope it helps you guys eagerly waiting for acceptance.:)

Hey guys,

I am having interview on dec 3rd.
who else are having on the same day?
plz reply and share your stats.
mine 87/100/3.78

Thank you so much

Hi,
Could you please let me know when u have applied to CAAPID? when did you get that email saying "application under review"
Thanks in advance

Hey guys,

I am having interview on dec 3rd.
who else are having on the same day?
plz reply and share your stats.
mine 87/100/3.78

Thank you so much

hey all

application complete: 2nd nov
application under review: 23rd nov

stats: 87/106/3.3/ Ms in Oral biology

dnt knw whts gonna happen!

good luck to all!

is it true that BU does not even bother with nbde part 1 scores of less than 90 ?
my stats r 85/117/3.79 ( nbde/toefl/gpa).. i havent heard from them yet...wot r my chances ?

dear bookwormdoc,

Have you completed nyu application, your profile with excellent gpa and toefl scores will be more appealing to nyu. Please use nyu as a back up just in case.

yes i have applied to NYU....keeping my fingers crossed for it !

Good move, bookwormdoc :)

I agree with what possible said as honestly speaking, BU gives importance to NBDE,TOEFL,GPA more than anything else. Wish you all the best, I hope you get into BU in first place itself! :thumbup:

yes i have applied to NYU....keeping my fingers crossed for it !

Anyone got IV calls recently?
Not heard from them for a long time
Arethey done with IV and acceptances?
Please reply,anyone with info?

hello dental path,

No, they r not done with their interviews. i think they hav interviews all the way till 21st jan. i just think ppl hav stopped posting abt their interviews on sdn. u r right we havent heard anything from ppl since a while. all the best to everyone.

Thanks for the response
This waiting is really frustrating
Anyways lets hope for the best and good luck to u

hello dental path,

No, they r not done with their interviews. i think they hav interviews all the way till 21st jan. i just think ppl hav stopped posting abt their interviews on sdn. u r right we havent heard anything from ppl since a while. all the best to everyone.

Hi, I am also waiting for an interview call.Could you please let me know hwen ur friend has applied and when did he/she got the call from them. Thanks in advance
Hi ... one of my friends got interview invitation for Jan 21 recently.

She applied in September, review email in late october, i guess. She received invitation before thanks-giving, not sure about the day/date.
Hi, I am also waiting for an interview call.Could you please let me know hwen ur friend has applied and when did he/she got the call from them. Thanks in advance

She applied in September, review email in late october, i guess. She received invitation before thanks-giving, not sure about the day/date.
hi mission isp. do u knw her stats?????????////

I got a IV call on 14th Jan, is there any one on the same day?

I got a IV call on 14th Jan, is there any one on the same day?

Hi,
When did you get your IV call?when yu have applied and when was your email stating application under review.Please share ur stats.
I apologize for the inconvenience.I am waiting for that magic call.so anxious...
Thanks in advance

Do you guys think it's worth it to apply in dec/jan for BU or it is better to wait for next year. So, what are your thoughts?
Thanks!!

Last edited:
dear MC vinnie,

MY experience tells me that even the application process is a part of learning curve. it tells you how to prepare your sop, what documents to be send to caapid, what to be sent to the school, how long it takes your documents to reach them and be reviewed so a few dollars can save you a lot of time if you have to apply again. MY advise would be to go ahead and apply it never hurts but helps you.

dear MC vinnie,

MY experience tells me that even the application process is a part of learning curve. it tells you how to prepare your sop, what documents to be send to caapid, what to be sent to the school, how long it takes your documents to reach them and be reviewed so a few dollars can save you a lot of time if you have to apply again. MY advise would be to go ahead and apply it never hurts but helps you.

I was planning to apply, but I did not know if I should do it now or wait until next year for the program starting in 2011
But thanks!

can u post ur stats so plp like me who r waiting can get an idea where we stand ..

n all the best
Hi,
When did you get your IV call?when yu have applied and when was your email stating application under review.Please share ur stats.
I apologize for the inconvenience.I am waiting for that magic call.so anxious...
Thanks in advance

I was planning to apply, but I did not know if I should do it now or wait until next year for the program starting in 2011
But thanks!

Go ahead and apply... It is just a few dollars anyways :)

My last year experience with BU school:

I had only 86 on part-1 last year (however, I updated my score to 95 this year). So, though I applied earlier, didn't get accepted and didn't get interviewed too. My two friends (currently in ASP-1) applied as late as in December. Both got interview in Jan/Feb (not sure!) and got acceptance from BU within a week time. Just a caution, both had scores 92 and 94 respectively. BU works on rolling bases but more important than that is BU accepts candidates with score and profiles(CV) higher on paper. So, wish you all the best for your NBD exams, perform extremely well to get score in 90s.

Also, fill CAAPID form immediately after your exam (I suppose you might be pretty busy with preparation right now!), write an exceptional personal statement in 5200 characters. Add all your dental and other extracurricular activities on CV. Pay fees online and Send additional documents along with TOEFL score to CAAPID office asap. Don't wait for NBD scores, apply asap to CAAPID and update your NBD scores on 'CAAPID online id' once you get it. You're little late compare to many applicants but then if you work in an organized manner to fasten up things + get decent score on NBD ... YOU CAN STILL GET INTO BU,

Hope that helps,
All the best!:luck:

Do you guys think it's worth it to apply in dec/jan for BU or it is better to wait for next year. I know it is kind of late but I'm only taking Part I next week.
So, what are your thoughts?
Thanks!!

what do u mean by CV for BU? Isnt it just the Caapid form that we had to fill out or did we have to mail in a separate CV too??? plz reply.

Caapid online application form itself is an curricular vitae. It includes every single detail of your previous achievements.

what do u mean by CV for BU? Isnt it just the Caapid form that we had to fill out or did we have to mail in a separate CV too??? plz reply.