Boston vs. Temple

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr2015MD

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I was also deciding between temple and another school. I chose the other school but not because Temple is bad. Yes it's in a bad area but that's a positive in terms of the patient experiences. Remember you can live in center city which is like 10 mins in the subway. Center city is amazing - safe, exciting, and bustling. It's the best area of the city and full of young professionals in their twenties with all the nightlife, attractions and entertainment options that entails. Plus I'll be going to Jeff and living there so obviously it's going to be awesome :p.

As for specialties - don't pick a school based on that. You can go where you want to go from either of those schools.

The greatest threat to your safety won't be from random violence of the neighborhood around temple but from all of Philly if you make public your dislike for our sports teams. We're awesome and everybody else sucks. That's not an opinion. The best sports town in the country.

I was also deciding between temple and another school. I chose the other school but not because Temple is bad. Yes it's in a bad area but that's a positive in terms of the patient experiences. Remember you can live in center city which is like 10 mins in the subway. Center city is amazing - safe, exciting, and bustling. It's the best area of the city and full of young professionals in their twenties with all the nightlife, attractions and entertainment options that entails. Plus I'll be going to Jeff and living there so obviously it's going to be awesome :p.

As for specialties - don't pick a school based on that. You can go where you want to go from either of those schools.

The greatest threat to your safety won't be from random violence of the neighborhood around temple but from all of Philly if you make public your dislike for our sports teams. We're awesome and everybody else sucks. That's not an opinion. The best sports town in the country.

Uh, seriously??

Even Yankees fans admit Boston is the best sports town in the country. Not even close.

If cost isn't a factor, go to BU!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey look at us, we're so much better than the Yankees because we spend slightly less money yet lose. We're such underdogs with our second highest payroll.

Please.

Philly uber alles.

Anyone else care to give some last minute input?

If you're still this undecided, I doubt any last minute piece of input will really sway you one way or another. Take a coin, flip it, fire off an email, and go to sleep.

You're going to be a doctor! Enjoy it.

If you're still this undecided, I doubt any last minute piece of input will really sway you one way or another. Take a coin, flip it, fire off an email, and go to sleep.

You're going to be a doctor! Enjoy it.

Agreed, you can't go wrong. The experience will be what you make of it, so I wouldn't get caught up in the minutia too much. Hopefully we will be classmates at BU! :D

Anyone else care to give some last minute input?

Only that Shaggy's right about Philly being a kick-ass sports town. :) I'm Philly born and raised, and I live just outside the city now. I'm going to Temple. I loved it there, personally, but I didn't even apply to BU so I can't comment on that. What was it someone said in another thread the other day? Flip a coin and when it's in the air you'll realize which side you hope it lands on. Maybe give that a shot. I'm sure you can't make a wrong choice here. :D

Purely a location-based decision. Which city do you want to be in for the next 4 years and possible longer? You want to go to a city you wouldn't mind being in for 8 or more years since your residency chances improve the most in that city (not that you cant go elsewhere though).

Purely a location-based decision. Which city do you want to be in for the next 4 years and possible longer? You want to go to a city you wouldn't mind being in for 8 or more years since your residency chances improve the most in that city (not that you cant go elsewhere though).

I think this to be true as well, unfortunately. OP Were you thinking of doing residency in your home state or are you fine doing it in Boston or anywhere? Since you're considering pretty competitive specialties, you admittedly have a better chance if you stay IS at Temple.

Status
Not open for further replies.