General Admissions & OTCAS Boston University Essays

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

does any one have any tips for boston university otd essay

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi next Summer I am going to be applying to Boston Universities Occupational therapy doctorate program.

The essay question is: Describe an experience in which you thought change was necessary, how you went about creating change, and how this change had an impact on others.

Would it not be a good idea about talking about how I contracted herpes from my boyfriend who never told me he had it how I created change and impacted others by informing them of the dangers?

I don't think you should expose personal matters like that to an admission committee. Choose examples from work, school or something else.

I don't think it's a bad idea. It certainly will be a unique essay and surely will garner attention. The whole point of the essay is to stand out, right? Well...you will. And I wrote on a personal matter as well. Not health related, but very personal. I got into every school. If you're comfortable with it and passionate about it, go for it.

Members don't see this ad :)
i think it's a great idea! i'd read that essay over all the other ones that say the same thing (mine included).

p.s. i hope you kneed your bf in.... the area between the legs.

Hi next Summer I am going to be applying to Boston Universities Occupational therapy doctorate program.

The essay question is: Describe an experience in which you thought change was necessary, how you went about creating change, and how this change had an impact on others.

Would it not be a good idea about talking about how I contracted herpes from my boyfriend who never told me he had it how I created change and impacted others by informing them of the dangers?

Hi, I'm so sorry you had this experience, and I think it's great you feel empowered to share it rather than keep it a secret, but I would actually encourage you to think about sharing stories that put you in the best, most professional light aligned with what BU is looking for, if you feel like this story fits, think about how you can frame it to show how your admittance to BU would be mutually beneficial for the university as well as yourself.

Reactions: 1 user