Program-Specific Info / Q's Boston U OTD 2021-2022

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

happigal

Reaction score
Hey all! I applied early decision and the interview was due on November 8th. It’s been two weeks so this is generally the time we would hear back based on previous cycles! Has anyone received any news?

Members don't see this ad.

I can't find the email, but I'm pretty sure I remember them saying that decisions will come out in December! I hope we hear soon!

Reactions: 1 user
Yep, they said after my interview it would be in the first 2 weeks of December!

Members don't see this ad :)
chatted with a girl i know who just graduated from BU otd this past may/summer. she said she thinks she got her decision around december 12th! that was obviously like 4 years ago, but hopefully that means we'll hear within the next week

chatted with a girl i know who just graduated from BU otd this past may/summer. she said she thinks she got her decision around december 12th! that was obviously like 4 years ago, but hopefully that means we'll hear within the next week
Fingers crossed for tomorrow! (Can you tell I'm VERY anxious)

Last edited:
I’m so anxious!! I also applied early.
If anyone hears back please reach out!!

• Love
still nothing for me!

same!! Maybe this Friday lol ( what I've said for the past 2 Fridays lol)

Just heard back!! Did anyone receive a scholarship? I got some money but honestly not as much as I was hoping. Such an expensive school :(

Hi All! I just got accepted and I got a scholarship and GA position!

Hi! I just got accepted and a scholarship for a total of $40,000! ($10,000 for each on-campus term)

• Love
Members don't see this ad :)
Do you mind me asking how much your scholarship was?
Of course, I ended up receiving 15k a semester for the first two years so 60k total , then also a $5,000 GA position !! Obv still very expensive - but cheaper than some other programs I've been accepted to!

Of course, I ended up receiving 15k a semester for the first two years so 60k total , then also a $5,000 GA position !! Obv still very expensive - but cheaper than some other programs I've been accepted to!
I got the same!

Hey everyone! I was accepted as well and am getting a gauge of the tuition for each school. If my calculations are correct, BU’s program costs around 160k; is that right?

Has anyone attended a BU info session/talked to current students about the costs of living in areas near BU?? How much a single, double, etc. is?

Has anyone attended a BU info session/talked to current students about the costs of living in areas near BU?? How much a single, double, etc. is?
i havent, but i live in boston for undergrad! my apartment is in the south end and $2800 for a 2 bed with a heavy discount. my BF lives in the fenway area about 10 min from the sargent building and he pays $2100 for a one bed. Boston is very very expensive, but if you live in allston or brighton those areas get cheaper

There are a few BU housing groups on Facebook, and I have seen people offering a single room (within a larger apartment of 3-4 bedrooms so you would have roommates) for $800-1000 per month

Has anyone hear back from BU who applied by the regular decision deadline? I had my interview about 3 weeks ago and haven't heard anything yet.

Has anyone hear back from BU who applied by the regular decision deadline? I had my interview about 3 weeks ago and haven't heard anything yet.
Just heard back about an hour ago! I was waitlisted and I submitted my interview about 4 weeks ago too. Good luck!