Boston University 2012 Application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
i have nbde 1 score of 91 gpa 3.84 and toefl score of 98.... as u said improve ure TOEFL score ... i asked by callin at bu regarding Toefl score they said 100 score mentioned at the net is not the minimum score but a declared score...it is not the absolute score... i even mailed Tobias the same and his reply was also the same...
now as you guys say the slots are full i am really worried abt the chances of interview call that r there...waiting is so miserable...

See i gave u an honest opinion....I know a guy who has 91 too and applied in june...but toefel 100 and hes waiting too... if they have other applicants wit similar applications and better toefel scores whom will they select???..its my opinion M not saying that its the only important thing in the application but definitely an important component

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, I hope you all are fine.
Friends from 12'th January batch, would you please let us know how many people were interviewed and if you know BU sends more invitations or not?

Thanks

Hi, I hope you all are fine.
Friends from 12'th January batch, would you please let us know how many people were interviewed and if you know BU sends more invitations or not?

Thanks

10 people had their interview on 12th. when is your interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
Is there a possibility of getting interview calls from BU now

Last edited:
Hey guys....I am one of those accepted students at BU...of batch 12th Jan......They usually send acceptance on the same day, if they like you the most. In my batch, as per my knowledge 4 of 10 students got acceptance on the same day......In addition, they could send acceptance till 2 months, as mentioned by Mr. Kahan during our interview session. You could post questions here, I would be glad to answer upto best of my knowledge..All the best!!!

Hey guys....I am one of those accepted students at BU...of batch 12th Jan......They usually send acceptance on the same day, if they like you the most. In my batch, as per my knowledge 4 of 10 students got acceptance on the same day......In addition, they could send acceptance till 2 months, as mentioned by Mr. Kahan during our interview session. You could post questions here, I would be glad to answer upto best of my knowledge..All the best!!!

what are ur stats n work exp?? please share!

how was your interview? was it just casual? or sumthin diff..

Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone get an interview email today? are they still sending interviews or done?

Interview was very smooth and stress-free. Only routine interview questions.
My profile is
Nbde1: 88
Toelf: 98
Work experience from home country: 1.5 yrs
Usa experience: 1 yr
A masters degree from usa

Last edited:
i have nbde 1 score of 91 gpa 3.84 and toefl score of 98.... as u said improve ure TOEFL score ... i asked by callin at bu regarding Toefl score they said 100 score mentioned at the net is not the minimum score but a declared score...it is not the absolute score... i even mailed Tobias the same and his reply was also the same...
now as you guys say the slots are full i am really worried abt the chances of interview call that r there...waiting is so miserable...

Waiting is so miserable?!! I'm so miserable!!! I want to get in so bad that's the only thing I'm thinking about!!!! I got the "your application is under review" e-mail first of September.... No news from them till now!!! And now you're telling me that the interview slots are complete!!! So what now?!!!:scared:

sad hear that no more calls .........its really depressing

Today I just got the application under review email. Does it mean something?? Can I keep some hope.? (I have good stats but was late in taking TOEFL test.)

hi thanks for offering to help others.... i have an interview at BU on 16th Feb...can u please answer one question regarding the interview....i.e. why did u apply at BU ... means something important about BU...thanks in advance

do we have sum1 here who got acceptance from 2nd feb intrw?? please share ur experience too !! r they sending acceptances on a regular basis?

@ Manreet can you please tell us when did you apply and when did you get the interview email? and your stats if possible.

@ Manreet can you please tell us when did you apply and when did you get the interview email? and your stats if possible.
i applied in the end of Oct and got got application under review within 2 weeks ... my stats 95/100/3.93

Quick question guyz - At what time of the day do they usually send out acceptances ???

Are those who are invited for interview supposed to bring NBDE score report with them or have it sent directly to BU?

hey hai guys I applied to BU in november.. and my stats are part 1 -90, TOEFL- 94, GPA- 3.91... is there any hope at this point of time??... bcoz I heard that all the seat for 2012 are filled... please do reply.. thax in advance..

Are those who are invited for interview supposed to bring NBDE score report with them or have it sent directly to BU?

yes you cn bring it with you if its in a sealed envelope....you can also send it directly...

i have received an email from bosotn saying my application is under review
so do i still have chances
do they invite for interview even after march ?

i have received an email from bosotn saying my application is under review
so do i still have chances
do they invite for interview even after march ?

i also got HOLD AFTER REVIEW status email. wat does that mean?????????//

i also got HOLD AFTER REVIEW status email. wat does that mean?????????//

i guess it would mean that you must be wait-listed. atleast you heard something from them after application under review email. whAT are your stats?

but how many seats have been given
any last year applicants do u have any idea if they call in april for interviews
pl reply

someone pl reply
this post is not getting any updates
any one received any iv letter recently
pl update
this waiting is killing me

All the iv slots till 1st march are full..............if they will be available if someone declines then they might send out more..

someone pl reply
this post is not getting any updates
any one received any iv letter recently
pl update
this waiting is killing me
PATIENCE is the key in this time...we all go through this once...good luck

does anyone know, till which date they would give iv calls??.. please reply guys. thanks in advance

i suppose they will call us later bcoz otherwise they wouldnt hve send under review mail
they could have straight away said rejected
what do u guys think?
i think we still have hope

i suppose they will call us later bcoz otherwise they wouldnt hve send under review mail
they could have straight away said rejected
what do u guys think?
i think we still have hope

Even I think the same.. I heard from previous students too, that, they will call few in later months..let us be positive:)

do we have anyone here who got accepted from end jan or feb interview batches??

please reply!!

pl update if anyone got iv or acceptance at boston
this post is not active now
guys pl update we need to know

there are maybe 25-30 seats left... they make initial choices and then pick more later... they aren't done, however, the last interview will be 1 march i think. more than likely they won't have any more interviews after that

Reactions: 1 user
Congratulations to all who got accepted.
Also for everybody who did not, or will not get accepted, Please do not think anything less about yourself, Apply next year, keep your hopes up.
A re-applicant is a stronger applicant.

Got accepted in BUSDM................:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:...............................Awesome feeling.....time to party..:soexcited::soexcited::soexcited::soexcited:....thank you to all who helped me in this journey.............................All the best to u guys.......................And now its time for a blast:boom::boom::boom:

Got accepted in BUSDM................:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:...............................Awesome feeling.....time to party..:soexcited::soexcited::soexcited::soexcited:....thank you to all who helped me in this journey.............................All the best to u guys.......................And now its time for a blast:boom::boom::boom:

When did u interview and did u receive the acceptance email today?

congrats!!! do you know around how many seats are left? is it possible that they send an interview now?