Boston University 2012 Application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
punjab bds...Congratulations... when did u get the call..? Please share your stats

Members don't see this ad.

Hello everyone, just wanted to know if BU consider applications with toefl below a 100 !! I already applied with 99 but didn't get anything from them after application complete.. anyone got an interview or accepted with Toefl less than a 100??

hi dento 1000,

i have seen many people who got in to BU with 98 toefl score so don't worry !!!!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Declined my interview at BU.

Good luck to all.

Last edited:
those who r invited for the interview, do they have to submit the nbde report at this address :
bu , school of dental medicine
Office of Admissions and Student Services
100 East Newton Street, G-305
Boston, Massachusetts 02118

????

kindly correct if im wrong.

those who r invited for the interview, do they have to submit the nbde report at this address :
bu , school of dental medicine
Office of Admissions and Student Services
100 East Newton Street, G-305
Boston, Massachusetts 02118

????

kindly correct if im wrong.

Yah tats the one...........all the best

Hi everyone, any interview calls this week?

Members don't see this ad :)
i guess ivs are given out onli till 9th Feb.........no one has posted after tat.....maybe they hv taken a break...god knoes

has anyone got an interview call recently. i'd got a application review call 20 days ago. still haven got any reply. wondering wats gng on?
i guess ivs are given out onli till 9th Feb.........no one has posted after tat.....maybe they hv taken a break...god knoes

Hey I saw these amazing TIPS and other interview questions posted here
http://ow.ly/7UT89 (Top 10 TIPS for Interview)
http://ow.ly/7UT9e (Top 10 questions for Interview)

I hope you can use them for your benefit!!

mdumb

Anyone who received an invite for Jan 12? Please do let me know if you are willing to share accommodation- female. Thanks

Anyone who received an invite for Jan 12? Please do let me know if you are willing to share accommodation- female. Thanks

hi desires
congratulations on your interview invitation. :)
as im stil waiting for one myself can you please tell me when you recieved the interview call?

I had sent out my application on 11 nov and submitted the fees on 18 nov. Got the interview invite on 8 dec.

amazing, your r very lucky to get interview soo quick, may be they reserved a seat for you.. anyways congrats and all the best..

hi, i have TOEFL 90 and applying to Bu....also taking test this Saturday... any chance ????

Has anyone got the acceptance e-mail after the interview in December from BU recently?!

I have two questions.
1) My stats are 88/3.3/105 . Do I stand a chance to get an interview call?
2) Do they call/e-mail/send letter?

Any ideas?
Thanks

I have two questions.
1) My stats are 88/3.3/105 . Do I stand a chance to get an interview call?
2) Do they call/e-mail/send letter?

Any ideas?
Thanks

You have good stats...We dont knw abt rest of the application..but yah you do stand a chance..
And they send an interview email......

1 year work experience in home country and 6 months of exp of shadowing a dentist.

Does anyone know, how long does it take to hear back from the university after receiving "Application under Review" e-mail? I got this e-mail on Monday 12/12/2011.
I am going overseas for a month and will return by end of Jan. just confused to what to do now!

Does anyone know, how long does it take to hear back from the university after receiving "Application under Review" e-mail? I got this e-mail on Monday 12/12/2011.
I am going overseas for a month and will return by end of Jan. just confused to what to do now!

it depends, some people hear back from them within a week others within a month. but if you have good stats you should hear from them soon. when did you get your application complete?

is BU done with sending interviews ?

is BU done with sending interviews ?

anyone read the last year threads?

BU must be closed till Jan 2.
So perhaps they send invites till jan end..or must be done with it.
Anyways ..i feel a sinking feeling
(just my thoughts)

anyone read the last year threads?

BU must be closed till Jan 2.
So perhaps they send invites till jan end..or must be done with it.
Anyways ..i feel a sinking feeling
(just my thoughts)

Hi ashgan,
Depending on the information provided in last application cycles, BU starts sending invitations after new year holidays. So in my opinion BU is not done with invitations. Even they have sent invitations in February last year.
I hope everybody here could catch whatever deserves.

hi i got a application under review email today but my stats are not good 81/3.6/114 do you ppl think i have a chance? a reply would be greatly appreciated

My profile is NBDE Part 1 :96/GPA:4.0

I have not yet taken TOEFL, but planning on taking it on Jan 13th.
I just finished my CAAPID Application to BU.
What are my chances of getting an interview for 2012 admission cycle? Is it too late at this point to get a call ???:(

My profile is NBDE Part 1 :96/GPA:4.0

I have not yet taken TOEFL, but planning on taking it on Jan 13th.
I just finished my CAAPID Application to BU.
What are my chances of getting an interview for 2012 admission cycle? Is it too late at this point to get a call ???:(

Hi Sizzler,
Congrat for your Stats! Awesome!
I suggest you call the admissions office and explain them the situation. Ask them for any advice they could provide.
I hope you get this application cycle and try your best to do. Definitely if you could convince them about your TOEFL score not being ready and they give you the chance of providing it later than deadline of Jan.1'st, you'll get an IV for sure.
Best of Luck

Hi Sizzler,
Congrat for your Stats! Awesome!
I suggest you call the admissions office and explain them the situation. Ask them for any advice they could provide.
I hope you get this application cycle and try your best to do. Definitely if you could convince them about your TOEFL score not being ready and they give you the chance of providing it later than deadline of Jan.1'st, you'll get an IV for sure.
Best of Luck

Thanks you for the suggestions RamadaRami
I Just got off the phone with the admissions coordinator at Boston.
He said its absolutely necessary to write the TOEFL test to be considered for admission. The admission package is incomplete without it and it will not be considered for admission.
However he asked me to finish the TOEFL test ASAP but before Jan 1st deadline. Im worried beacuse i don't thinks its possible to book a TOEFL exam date by then.
Should I Just Apply and try to Finish my TOEFL as soon as possible or forget about 2012 admission cycle for good?!! Please suggest

Does anybody knows till what date BU has already given interview calls?

He said its absolutely necessary to write the TOEFL test to be considered for admission. The admission package is incomplete without it and it will not be considered for admission.
However he asked me to finish the TOEFL test ASAP but before Jan 1st deadline. Im worried beacuse i don't thinks its possible to book a TOEFL exam date by then.
Should I Just Apply and try to Finish my TOEFL as soon as possible or forget about 2012 admission cycle for good?!! Please suggest

I suggest you to find a test center and take it as soon as possible. Even if you don feel ready, you should take it very soon because schools are usually strict about deadlines.
Try your best to keep the deadline and apply this year.
I am not sure how many days it takes you to receive your score, or if there is any preliminary report they could provide you at the test center (Because it was not available for me when I took it 1.5 years ago)

Wish you best of luck.

Even if u give the exam today itself getting a score before 1st jan is impossible........As there are holidays too coming up....u can try if u want though...