Boston University 2012 Application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
congrats!!! do you know around how many seats are left? is it possible that they send an interview now?

See personally I can't tell u how many seats are left still.....
But if you have an interview than chances are same irrespective of the date early or late
And all the interview invites till 1st March are given out....
And ppl are saying its the last date....but if seats are left empty they will call more ppl in march

Members don't see this ad.

See personally I can't tell u how many seats are left still.....
But if you have an interview than chances are same irrespective of the date early or late
And all the interview invites till 1st March are given out....
And ppl are saying its the last date....but if seats are left empty they will call more ppl in march

‘Unfortunately i didn't get an interview because i applied late, even though i have high scores but no luck..

Members don't see this ad :)
no thats nt true m re applicant too. no news n i have strong stats too....its all story telling....once they reject u ..they don evn care to luk at ur file nxt yr.....

no thats nt true m re applicant too. no news n i have strong stats too....its all story telling....once they reject u ..they don evn care to luk at ur file nxt yr.....
:hello::hello: i am a re applicant i got acceptance in to BU this year( there should be improvement in the resume and this is must)

:hello::hello: i am a re applicant i got acceptance in to BU this year( there should be improvement in the resume and this is must)
Can you share your stats please!! I just want to know if they are very strict with the TOEFL score, I mean if some one with less than 100 in TOEFL can get into BU or not

Can you share your stats please!! I just want to know if they are very strict with the TOEFL score, I mean if some one with less than 100 in TOEFL can get into BU or not
HI, my stats 92/3.51/101. if the TOEFL scores are 99 or 98 i think that's OK but to be on safe side the three digit figure is always better.

I wont advice that.....get 100 or above in toefel....some ppl say it doesnt matter but i hv seen two ppl below 100 in toefel and scores above 90 in nbde not getting iv calls.....M not saying toefel is the reason for that....but i feel if you have worked so hard on the rest of your application....why do you want to keep a chink in your armor .....its not like u cant give toefel agn.....go for it and keep no stone unturned.....

I wont advice that.....get 100 or above in toefel....some ppl say it doesnt matter but i hv seen two ppl below 100 in toefel and scores above 90 in nbde not getting iv calls.....M not saying toefel is the reason for that....but i feel if you have worked so hard on the rest of your application....why do you want to keep a chink in your armor .....its not like u cant give toefel agn.....go for it and keep no stone unturned.....

hey...full support for your quote...i am supporting because i was once in the situation like this..!!

hey guyz ne idea whether BU is gonna giv iv calls even after 1st march.?pls reply,m really tensed as hav nt heard nethin after under review e-mail.

this thread is getting slower and slower..!!

People who had interviewed and got accepted, still waiting or rejected please update!!
Any one who declined his seat recently or still waiting for an interview please share !!

Members don't see this ad :)
People who had interviewed and got accepted, still waiting or rejected please update!!
Any one who declined his seat recently or still waiting for an interview please share !!
hi I am still awaiting for a call letter. Here are my stats
NBDE part 1: 86
Toefl: 96
undergrad GPA : 3.53
1 yr clinical experience in home country
3 months shadowing experience in US
Master's degree in Public Health
I have also finished three online free courses from ADA
can you please advice me the further step?

hi I am still awaiting for a call letter. Here are my stats
NBDE part 1: 86
Toefl: 96
undergrad GPA : 3.53
1 yr clinical experience in home country
3 months shadowing experience in US
Master's degree in Public Health
I have also finished three online free courses from ADA
can you please advice me the further step?

hey if u still waiting for an interview call.....................then getting that is tough as all interviews are given out....

so is it wise for me to start prep for part 2 and re apply?

hey if u still waiting for an interview call.....................then getting that is tough as all interviews are given out....
So is it wise to start part 2 prep and re apply? I also want to improve my score in toefl

hi guys, just in sake of the fact that i used to use this forum a lot, here is my contribution;
yes, i got accepted and based on facebook page they have already accepted 43 out of 75 spots. i am a reapplicant my TOEFL(toefle!) score was 98 and i had 88NBDE last year and added part 2 into my resume this year, which was 76 (not significant, but pass) i studied for that just 23 days 10 hours a days, so it's possible and immediately after i got all my rejections last year started shadowing in an office in my region, i got my interview email in Oct for Dec, so i improved my TOEFL(toefle!) to 105, and my GPA is 3.01. i wait listed in Minnesota and accepted in Boston and Buffalo, and yes i am going to Boston.
stop whining keep improving your resume and think this is the end of this year if miracle happens and they start sending more interview good for you and if it doesn't make sure this year you apply as early as you can with the most improvement as you could possibly make. Good Luck

did anyone from march 1st batch hear something...!!!
really tensed, anxious and stressed out..

Do any of you know how any seats are remaining or there are no seats available. Im really tensed

Really...no replies...no one has answers..please guys anxiety is killing...please share if u have any idea....till when are we supposed to expect acceptance mail..

Really...no replies...no one has answers..please guys anxiety is killing...please share if u have any idea....till when are we supposed to expect acceptance mail..
normally acceptance e-mails r sent arnd a week to 10 days after the interview !
n we can only make guesses that how many seats cud b left bcoz nobody knows the exact number, still busdm grp on fbk shows 47 members as of nw , so dere still is hop that some seats b vacant !

normally acceptance e-mails r sent arnd a week to 10 days after the interview !
n we can only make guesses that how many seats cud b left bcoz nobody knows the exact number, still busdm grp on fbk shows 47 members as of nw , so dere still is hop that some seats b vacant !

Nobody knows about that...nothing is fixed..you might hear from them anytime after you give interview...
And there might be a possibility that all the people with acceptance are not on a busdm group...
but lets all think positive and wait!!!
good luck!!

Reactions: 1 user
Nobody knows about that...nothing is fixed..you might hear from them anytime after you give interview...
And there might be a possibility that all the people with acceptance are not on a busdm group...
but lets all think positive and wait!!!
good luck!!

See I got accepemtance on next Friday after my interview not the same week as my interview. A fren of mine got after 2 weeks and another one after 3 weeks .so it's variable but be in touch with ppl from ur interview date ..and no one can say how many seats are left by just looking at fb page...some ppl may not have joined the group....so I would advice is to stop speculating and stay positive...every interviewed candidate is treated equally whether in nov or march...stay positive

See I got accepemtance on next Friday after my interview not the same week as my interview. A fren of mine got after 2 weeks and another one after 3 weeks .so it's variable but be in touch with ppl from ur interview date ..and no one can say how many seats are left by just looking at fb page...some ppl may not have joined the group....so I would advice is to stop speculating and stay positive...every interviewed candidate is treated equally whether in nov or march...stay positive

I totally agree with you impactedmind.....

Hi,
I have got my non acceptance letter from BU today. I was interviewed on october last year. Anyone else in the same situation, kindly lemme know. Can someone throw light on this- as I have been applying for four years consecutively to Bu. Just last year, I got interview, but again no use. Does it mean that I am not eligible for the advanced standing this year, and can I apply next year. People, who have been in the same situation, please let me know.

Hi,
I have got my non acceptance letter from BU today. I was interviewed on october last year. Anyone else in the same situation, kindly lemme know. Can someone throw light on this- as I have been applying for four years consecutively to Bu. Just last year, I got interview, but again no use. Does it mean that I am not eligible for the advanced standing this year, and can I apply next year. People, who have been in the same situation, please let me know.

Sorry about that but OMG 4 years applying and no luck!! whats your stats? and what did they tell you the reason for rejections?

Hey guys, there are no seats available now. The only way to get in is if someone leavs the spot. Has this happened in the past. Do people leave their seats? How can we know if there is seat available. Please post if you guys know if someone is dropping or deferring for another year.. Please keep updated.

Hey guys, there are no seats available now. The only way to get in is if someone leavs the spot. Has this happened in the past. Do people leave their seats? How can we know if there is seat available. Please post if you guys know if someone is dropping or deferring for another year.. Please keep updated.

Can u tell us where r u getting this information that all the seats are filled.Can you pls share the source of information

yes...i would also be curious to hear about the source!!!

Last edited:
Sorry about that but OMG 4 years applying and no luck!! whats your stats? and what did they tell you the reason for rejections?

hi that is really sad , can you share ur stats plzz

yes...i would also be curious to hear about the source!!!

Well guys thats what i have heard from my friends at boston...i am not 100 % sure though...but it seems like there is no more seats available.... anyway lets hope someone leavs the spot and we have chance..

If anyone has any news lets us know

Well guys thats what i have heard from my friends at boston...i am not 100 % sure though...but it seems like there is no more seats available.... anyway lets hope someone leavs the spot and we have chance..

If anyone has any news lets us know

hey as the interview deadline is over,are ppl geting rejections letter,i dint get any till yet.

is there any chance that boston will send out interview invitations out?

Is there any information on availability of the seats guys..????

I met Mr. Kahan around 10 days back and he said that they are still filling up the class..and said that until you receive rejection there is a chance so keep your hopes up.
And then I got an email after 2 days that I am in the waiting list..I take it as a kind of rejection..!!

rejected from boston

The Committee was impressed with your dedication to the field of dentistry, and with your desire to further your professional goals. However, after careful consideration the Committee cannot offer you a seat in the Advanced Standing Class of 2014. The number of applicants far exceeds our capacity.
this is thr reason. are ppl getin the same reasons or different?

rejected from boston

The Committee was impressed with your dedication to the field of dentistry, and with your desire to further your professional goals. However, after careful consideration the Committee cannot offer you a seat in the Advanced Standing Class of 2014. The number of applicants far exceeds our capacity.

how did you get the rejection notification by mail or e-mail?

rejected from boston

yeah i got the exact replica of this email

Hi, did anyone receive a rejection/non-accept email recently?

Thanks

by email.but i was not even called for interview.]
hi me too the same response...., what a tough competition... here are my stats:
86(part 1),96(toefl) and 3.53 (gpa). Not even called for an interview. It sucks to prepare for part 2 in this situation . But there is no way to gain by sitting idle. So, preparing for part 2 and toefl to aim at 100.:smuggrin: