Boston results

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I got accepted at BU. I received my acceptance letter today.
My fiancee also got her acceptance letter from BU today.
Congratulations Dentek2!!!
Its such a relief!!!
Ind-dentist.:) :) :)

Members don't see this ad.

congrats ind-dentist...
can you tell me your interview date and share your scores.

WELL DONE:clap:
pooja

Hi ind_dentist,
congrats to you and your fiancee too.I remember you both :) :) :) .
Hi Pooja,
We all were interviewed on Nov 20th.ind_dentist has posted his scores in" Acceptance thread".you will be getting your good news today ,I guess..All the best..

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks Pooja and Dentek2!!!!
As Dentek2 wrote I think Pooja is going to get her acceptance letter today.Don't you remember us Pooja we had a chat with you?

Ind-dentist

ind-dentist .and dentek .i do remember you but didnt know your login names for SDN...
great news...
you guys are all set!!:clap:
pooja

Originally posted by poojagulaya
ind-dentist .and dentek .i do remember you but didnt know your login names for SDN...
great news...
you guys are all set!!:clap:
pooja

congratulations to all who r accepted at BU..
:clap: :clap: :clap:
do anyone of u know how many sits are full now?
priti.

Hi,
This is for those who are joining BU. For the non-refundable deposit ,do we have to sent a certified check?or will a personal check do?
thanks in advance for the reply.

congratulations dentek2 ,ind_dentist and ind_dentist's fiance!:clap: :clap: :clap:

all the best guys.......

and welcome to my hometown :D

i have applied to U.Penn and boston U. i'm still waiting for a reply.as far as figures go i got 86 on part 1, 263 on TOEFl CBT and 3.53 on my GPA by ECE.what r my chances on B.U.:confused:

Originally posted by ivshah
BU ask me to take toefl again........i dont know till i will give toefl & result will come ,there will be any seats avilable or not....
anyway i m taking toefl again..

hey how r u?
just for the info what was ur TOEFL score that they made u retake it.

lasjy

sorry pal

can't afford to go to NYU. besides i am looking for a cheaper 2 year program than a 3 year program. above all this living in NY is so expensive. thanx for the info anyway.

lasjy

Originally posted by rajkang
U should have applied to NYU with these scores. U may get lucky and get admission.

Hi Ind _ dentist !
Congrats on ur acceptance in BU.
Hey cud u plz tell me whats the fees structure at BU...if pos the break up .

Thanx ...look forw to ur reply.

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats all who are accepted at boston....:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I am really worried how are we indian girls going to get through this problem of female competition.....especially in schools where they want a lot of diversity and that is the reason they reject students with good score ......

I have applied to Boston, NYU and U penn
got a interview call form NYU but boston and u penn are still reveiving my applications.....
my scores are part I 85 toefl 260 and GPA 3.31

can anyone suggest with something?

a laptop for 2500?? are you expected to buy like 4 or 5 laptops??(a le disposable ones eh??) lol!

hey guys
have any of u who havent heard frm bu yet after ur interview, called thm up recently?
do any of u know whn we will be getting their reply:confused: or are they gonna keep postponing it???

Originally posted by KAJALKIRAN
a laptop for 2500?? are you expected to buy like 4 or 5 laptops??(a le disposable ones eh??) lol!
The laptops are said to have a special software installed which would enable it to access the school intranet and library..But still its too much!!

Thanx Raj ,
ur information is valuable.
Hey another thing..I've heard the Patient pool in BU is scarce:rolleyes: Do u know anything abt that ?

Hello Friends,
I know there are lots of us waiting to hear from BU after our interviews which were conducted 2-3 months ago. It has been an extremely frustrating wait. I am no longer a part of that as i will go to UCSF even if i get accepted at BU.
But lemme share some info that i got yesterday. I have been calling BU very week since 1st week of Jan. i was interviewed on dec4. Initially they said the committee hasnt met as yet, then they said some applications have been evaluated but some are still remaining. yesterday they said that the committee wants to reconsider your application and will meet again next week.
My scores are 86. I dont hope to get accepted. But the fact that they are making us wait so long giving new reasons every time, put me off. It gives me the feeling that we will be considered once they run short of 90+ applicants. This is no offence to those with 90+ scores. i really do admire you and you definitely deserve the best. But we dont deserve to go thru all this for scoring 86/87/88
I am just extremely disappointed with BU. i was impressed by the interview process though not as much as UCSF. but now i am real very frustrated with their treatment.

Giffy

Hey everyone!

Just got back from the barrage of interviews i had to give.. i got accepted at NYU and at BU. Giffy, Im sorry about the long wait.. its pretty irregular for BU to be so dodgy.. But hey, UCSF is one the the best dental schools in the country!!!! Congrats!!! You're very lucky. Im still waiting for the third batch of Upenn results.. they said the FedEx's will come by the first week of March. Dint wanna bank on it too much so I went ahead and paid the BU deposit. I wish all schools were like NYU where they tell u on the spot.. saves us all those bitten nails!

Ann.. i gave the interview on Jan 8th and got the acceptance letter on Jan 21st. Ketu.. yes competition is pretty stiff, and altho even I heard thats its a female thing, insides sources tell me that everyone's basically on their own and once you're in the system, you'll see everyone working like their lives depended on it.. regardless of whether they're boys or girls or indian or not!

when i interviewed at BU, i was told that a little over half the class is full right now.

regarding the patient pool, its average compared to other schools.. and definitely less than what we're used to in India.. but there's enough to keep u completely busy for two years, so none of the students are complaining!

it was GREAT meeting other SDNers at the interview, and putting faces to all the names, all of us had a great time talking about our favorite threads.. a big hello to sanju and the others, keep in touch and let me know what u guys are doing!! :)

Tasha

Thanx for the info Raj !

RAj & Tasha Cud u plz tell us what all did they ask u in ur interview at BU ?

congrats tasha...all the best:)

hey tasha, congrats! for your double success! can you lemme know your NBDE scores?

Thank you everyone... you're all so kind! Im looking forward to having several of u as classmates soon! :)

Manisha.. my scores are Part 1- 92, Toefl- 300, GPA- 3.75

S vashishta.. BU is one interview where ur totally relaxed and comfortable, nothing to worry abt. They asked me stuff about my application (esp things I wrote about in my essay.. why i became a dentist), about my family (what my parents do, what its like living in the middle east, whether i like being an only child), what i did after dental school. Basic things.

Once again, best of luck to everyone! There's a place waiting for each of us out there! :)

Tasha

Congratulations on ur acceptance!!! :thumbup: Ur stats are real good Tasha:clap: :clap: Good luck in BU:)

Congratulations Tasha:clap:

Hiii Tasha,

Congats to U ! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Wow a 300 in TOEFL...u r the only person I know with this score...:thumbup:

Congratulations Tasha!!!! great work!!!

Congratulations Tasha:clap:
I am really wishing that this nail biting time would fly faster..:)
Take care and party hard!!!:clap:

CONGRATULATIONS TASHA..........:clap:

Thanks a whole bunch guys.. :D couldn't have done it without SDN, and without the help of those who've been thru this before.. I'm sure, like me, everyone's going thru moments of self-doubt and anxiety.. not to mention the millions of qsts that crop up.. when one qst gets answered two more come up!! if i can help in anyway or if there's anything u need answered, msg and let me know.. good luck and thanks again! :thumbup:

Tasha

Congrats tasha! ;)

Thanx for the reply & congrats once again :clap:

hey people,
i got an interview letter from boston university today. its for the 11th of march 2004. i am wondering if they accept telephonic interviews because i am in india right now. someone mentioned to me that they do. if they do i can arrange for something better......video conferencing......i guess the university should have it.

anybody else called for the interview on march 11th 2004 please reply or just send a pm.

thanx

Dear Lasjy..

I had enquired about an alternative interview as well, since I live in Dubai.. I was told that only personal interviews are granted and I had to get a visit visa made especially for my interviews.. the schools were very accomodating in that they adjusted my interview dates according to my visa specifications... but other than that, Im afraid u will have to make the trip.. sorry for being the bearer of bad news.. :(

T.

Originally posted by lasjy
hey people,
i got an interview letter from boston university today. its for the 11th of march 2004. i am wondering if they accept telephonic interviews because i am in india right now. someone mentioned to me that they do. if they do i can arrange for something better......video conferencing......i guess the university should have it.

hey lasjy,
try calling thm up and tell ur problem. they r very accomodative.request thm if u can give an interview via ph or something.
whn i had my interview a girl frm india couldnt make it to the us.she had a genuine problem at home.dr ashayeri took her interview over ph. bu tht way is nice .try requesting thm.

Originally posted by rajkang
I don't know why they even bother to interview people. It seems like they give admission based on ur GPA and part 1 score. And in interview they just ask standard questions, which students know already and they have prepared standard answers for those standard questions. Seems like a huge wastage of money and time.

Although I'm sure scores serve as their main cutoff, I highly doubt that's ALL they take into account. Otherwise they wouldn't even interview.

In the past when schools didn't interview, they'll these jerks and a**** with really great scores. That's why they interview, to meet people.
I'm sure they rather deal with someone with no so impressive score who is easy going and friendly, than with some 99 guy who thinks he's the greatest thing to happen to that school.

just a thought......

Originally posted by Ann 03
hey lasjy,
try calling thm up and tell ur problem. they r very accomodative.request thm if u can give an interview via ph or something.
whn i had my interview a girl frm india couldnt make it to the us.she had a genuine problem at home.dr ashayeri took her interview over ph. bu tht way is nice .try requesting thm. [/B]

wow lasjy, sounds like its good news after all :).. i probably didn't give them a sound enuff reason.. give it a shot. they really are very nice. ann, just out of curiosity, did ur friend get accepted? I mean, do ppl who give telephonic interviews stand an equal chance as those who go personally? I know someone else who may not be anle to make the interview, Im sure she'll be encouraged by this.

Tasha

hi tasha,
i have no idea. dr ashayeri took this girl's interview on the day i was interviewed.thts how i know abt this whole thing.i am sure personal interview makes a lasting impression than an interview over ph.(again it really depends on the person bing interviwed,how well he/she can present himself) but if some1 has a real problem(like this girl had some family problem ,thts wht they told us.) and cant make it to the interview at all thn ,i guess they can certainly request bu.
if ur friend cant make it to the interview at all thn she can probably ask thm. its better than not getting interviewed at all.

hi,
i called to the boston today to find about the my admission and they told me that they will let me with 2-3 weeks. I was interviewed in the month of november and i think it is rediculous to make peopole wait until this time. Isnt it? Is there any one still waiting like me to hear from them from such a long time.
I think either they should let us know either acceptnace or rejection or waiting list. I havent even recieved a letter about it.

I think it is Too bad on behalf of BU.

Hey krishhhh,

I was interviewed at BU in Oct.
I called them last week and they said they have not decided anything yet and to call them next week.
I dont know what to do. It is a shame, like Giffy mentioned, to treat people who scored 86/87/88 like dirt.
By the way, I have a score of 86.

mib krishh i totally agree with u. my interview was in dec .still havent heard frm thm.
i guess they r just waiting for people to send in their applications.
krishh,havent u received acceptances frm some other schools?correct me if i am wrong.

hi,
i do accept that they are too bad in decision making and i have a score of 94 in NDB part one. I dont know why they couldnt decide.
Lets see what happenes
I wish they will let us know ASAP.

All the best to you all including me .:clap:

hey all,
i had been a passive reader of this site from quite a long time, didn't post anything B,caz i found all my answers already discussed here. Its a good site for gathering information and meeting people. Surely helps..I have been accepted at BU.
My stats
part 1 96
TOEFL 270
GPA 3.2

All the best to everyone waiting for results.