Boston class of 2009

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
And pls dont use any abusive languages /words here on the forum. Be respectful to everyone.Remeber, we are all here for each other.
(QUOTE)
Well said Richa.:thumbup:

Kindly tell me where my words were insulting to anyone....or where i abused anyone. And talking about u .......u Just highlighted one sentence where richa tried to suggest something and said congrats to her......is that a win win suituation or wat ......Reflects ur attitude!!!!!!!!!!

Relax Friend; :)
I was just seconding richas thoughts of not using offensive language here.
Why do u feel offended about any suggestion given to u.
And coming to my attitude, i am not here to fight so it doesnt matter whether it is a "WIN WIN SITUATION FOR ME OR NOT". We are here to help and not quarrel.
I agree with u docnids and ambitious.

Members don't see this ad.

Relax Friend; :)
I was just seconding richas thoughts of not using offensive language here.
Why do u feel offended about any suggestion given to u.
And coming to my attitude, i am not here to fight so it doesnt matter whether it is a "WIN WIN SITUATION FOR ME OR NOT". We are here to help and not quarrel.
I agree with u docnids and ambitious.

docnids n smilepls ,

do me a favour stop counting dots .

Members don't see this ad :)
hi gus , before anything , please stop insulting each other , this should be a place to help between colleagues instead of this hate that I have been sein lately in different threads
example : this guy with great scores against the rest and viceversa
I read a thread of indian people saying that they are being discriminated ,,ouuuu come on , perhaps it is the opposite
so try to focus in good thoughts and leave aside all of this bull**** ( pardon my french )
By the way do you guys know how many seats have already been taken at BU.

Love to everyone

" when someone really wants something , it is like if the entire universe conspires for you " The Alquimist , Author : Paulho Cohelo
Great book for everybody , read it

Hi all. Congrats to smile designer, upenn, samba, apli, and rodent for your acceptance at BU.:thumbup:
You deserve it.
Enjoy the next 6 months.

hi all congratulations to all thoise who made it.I just recieved an intrview call to BU.i am really happy about it.guys please to guide me about the interview process :) how many days in advance did you get to know that you were called for an interview and what are the things that i have prepare for the interview.thanks in advance.

hi all congratulations to all thoise who made it.I just recieved an intrview call to BU.i am really happy about it.guys please to guide me about the interview process :) how many days in advance did you get to know that you were called for an interview and what are the things that i have prepare for the interview.thanks in advance.

hey nashua, congratulations to u..even i received my interview call for BU. when is ur interview date? mine is 18th jan. anyone else on the same date.
kindly guide as to what preparations are needed for the interview..any idea of how many seats that are still left..

Wow!!..u nailed it!!..Congratulations !!

Ur hard work and patience has paid off finally...All the best for ur future!!.Its party time now..enjoy:clap: :clap: :thumbup: :thumbup:

hi richa sharma congrats i know that u also got acceptance. i was interviewed on the same day.i too got acceptance letter

First let me say congratulations to all of you for your acceptances and your passing scores. I have read all five pages here on this thread. I am very happy to see the level of support to one another. As all of you know me, I am all about positive support and encouragement regardless of scores and or acceptances. One should feel positive and proud for even attempting to leave there homes to come here and make a better life for themselves and their families. Especially taking the exams. Regardless of ones scores, good or bad, we are all one community of PROFESSIONALS and MUST, at all coasts REMAIN AS SUCH. So, what does this have to do with anything? Well I will say this; act as you would if you are talking to a patient or a Senior or even a professor or doctor when you are posting. That means subject all your thoughts as if you were having an educated conversation. I am sure not one of us would curse or use profanity to get a point across in any of said settings. If you should choose to do so and forget where you are at and decide to use profanity or negative provocation ,then you have no business being here or least of all a clinical or academic environment. So say what you will, you have that freedom , but my warning is this, as an Advisor , Act as if you are already what you are and that is Doctors . Any use of profanity in anyway is prohibited and WILL BE DELETED. That includes ***** and fill in the blank statements.

Once again Happy Holidays to you and your families be safe and enjoy.

Your friend and Advisor ,
Bill FIXENSMILES01

:) hi everybody , has anyone got a count of how many seats have already been given at BU , and what was the lower part 1 score , I am applying next week since I had an issue with the letters of reco.
By the way I would like to apologize for the bull.... word that I had used before if any of you colleagues has read my previous post . It is just that we are all in the same boat regardless of nationality , sex , religion . How can we expect Universities to respet us if we do not respet each other. That is just a thought from another sailor in the same boat.
Best luck to everyone of you , sincerely ,
:)

Congratulations chinna4g!!!:clap: :clap: ..and thanks for ur wishes too.:)

good luck to all who have received interview calls.:luck: :luck:

Bill I totally agree with you and respect your opinion! :thumbup: :thumbup:

hey guys i was interviewed on nov 7th and i got acceptance . the thing is do i need to get the original signature from my cosigner now itself or is it just nominal. iam asking this because my original cosigner lives in newyork and i live in seattle with my brother. iam asking whether my brother's sign is enough.

hi richa sharma congrats i know that u also got acceptance. i was interviewed on the same day.i too got acceptance letter

Hi chinna4g,
Congrats friend for your acceptance.I knew almost all of us will get acceptances.I think by this time 8 among 10 of us have got their acceptances.Wow what a great batch....Anyway relax friend,its party time.Hope to meet you soon.:laugh: :laugh: :thumbup:
BILL,I totally agree with you.

"Let me say this , don't pay this jerkoff any attention

1st : We are here and whether he likes it or not he can't change it . That's got to
Hurt!

2nd: He will always have to face some type of FTD and what's more learn to
work with them.

3rd: Any schmuck who calls himself a boy genius and harbors these types of
opinions such as these , is no genius at all. I wont even mention the
fact that all his posts have a link with a bigoted , ignorant , chauvinistic and unintelligent cartoon. Some boy genius !

Conclusion: Life is going to dish this mental midget his just reward! I pray that it is in the form of a Director or chief fellow that has their roots from the FTD community.

We will respect his recant and apology and welcome him to join us in an intellectual dialogue as equals.

and by the way :

omfsres, If you don't support the FTDs and the system here in America, what do you have to say about me I am a Caucasian American who studied abroad . In fact I am one of 14 in my family who have done so and I am the first dental graduate. I would love to know where you are at and if you had a pair, you would pm me so I can do some research on you. Bye the way I am Sicilian/Irish from New York. So, you have nothing to say about issues that pertain to how many generations we have been here in America in relation to being FTDS. I have met plenty of punks like you before. You don't impress me."

well said fixen smiles.....i read ur post...{appreciate it} and if u carefully see the fist line u urself used kinda language u wanted no one should use.i dont blame u. ofcourse u deleted it , but u understand that it just comes outta frustation......same thing i have gone thru.....and posted that comment ....ur advices r good , but you should have cut that bossing around and warning in the end, since ur an advisor now.

i appreciate ur response to that omfsres......that was nice of u.. and i should say you are smart -you deleted ur post, but u knew its gonna survive in some ones reply......message conveyed as long as sdn exists...cool.

P.S- dont get confused . chk this- http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?p=4399022#post4399022 might make sense then.

Members don't see this ad :)
"Let me say this , don't pay this jerkoff any attention

1st : We are here and whether he likes it or not he can't change it . That's got to
Hurt!

2nd: He will always have to face some type of FTD and what's more learn to
work with them.

3rd: Any schmuck who calls himself a boy genius and harbors these types of
opinions such as these , is no genius at all. I wont even mention the
fact that all his posts have a link with a bigoted , ignorant , chauvinistic and unintelligent cartoon. Some boy genius !

Conclusion: Life is going to dish this mental midget his just reward! I pray that it is in the form of a Director or chief fellow that has their roots from the FTD community.

We will respect his recant and apology and welcome him to join us in an intellectual dialogue as equals.

and by the way :

omfsres, If you don't support the FTDs and the system here in America, what do you have to say about me I am a Caucasian American who studied abroad . In fact I am one of 14 in my family who have done so and I am the first dental graduate. I would love to know where you are at and if you had a pair, you would pm me so I can do some research on you. Bye the way I am Sicilian/Irish from New York. So, you have nothing to say about issues that pertain to how many generations we have been here in America in relation to being FTDS. I have met plenty of punks like you before. You don't impress me."

well said fixen smiles.....i read ur post...{appreciate it} and if u carefully see the fist line u urself used kinda language u wanted no one should use.i dont blame u. ofcourse u deleted it , but u understand that it just comes outta frustation......same thing i have gone thru.....and posted that comment ....ur advices r good , but you should have cut that bossing around and warning in the end, since ur an advisor now.

i appreciate ur response to that omfsres......that was nice of u.. and i should say you are smart -you deleted ur post, but u knew its gonna survive in some ones reply......message conveyed as long as sdn exists...cool.

P.S- dont get confused . chk this- http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?p=4399022#post4399022 might make sense then.

It is a shame that the level of maturity you display in this comment confuses "bossing around" with your ability to differentiate my acknowledgement of my newly awarded responsibilities. What's more is I find it interesting that in my post however distasteful I agree it was, I did not use profanity or cursing as you fail to draw an equal parallel to your comparison and your deduction to what I wrote and what my point was as an " advisor " . I hope all will realize that ,Yes I am human and make mistakes ,but as an advisor I will do my best to act accordingly.

i appreciate ur response to that omfsres......that was nice of u.. and i should say you are smart -you deleted ur post, but u knew its gonna survive in some ones reply......message conveyed as long as sdn exists...cool

Yes, I knew it would survive. I made a mistake and even though I deleted my unprofessional post . The best way to know and learn from a mistake is to admit you did it and learn from it then enforce it's comprehension outwardly . I feel I have do just that.

What's more, your attempt to make a point by posting only portions of a prepost made by me , will only expose your true intentions. I find it ironic that you chose to only post a portion of this thread as to try o bring me down to you. WHYdid not post this:

I have deleted my own statement because it was unfair and unprofessional.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by FIXENSMILES01 : 11-16-2006 at 05:04 PM.
So you see, I have admitted my error and have learned a valuable lesson that I think I clearly defined in my post above about professionalism and acting as a doctor.

you on the other hand, chose not to post any such admonishments as did myself or loco81.

You have made your point regardless of validity which in my opinion was a vacuous attempt to discredit me. Say what you will now I have made my point , you are free to comment as I will not try and trump you if you should decide to do so, as I feel not matter what you say My point is clear and accepted.

I have my interview in Boston on 4 january.Please let me know if any body has it on the same date.Best of luck to all who are still in this phase of uncertanity.

I have my interview in Boston on 4 january.Please let me know if any body has it on the same date.Best of luck to all who are still in this phase of uncertanity.

hi kapish when did u apply and in how many days u applied u got a call from BU? pl let me know as it wud help me a lotthanks.

Hi friends I have recieved my acceptance letter for the class of of 2009:D :hardy: :hardy: :hardy:

hi smile designer and others congrats on ur achievement!!!:)
so finally how many are accepted to the 09 class
has anybody got a count of it????:confused:
please do let us know
and also share your interview experiences thx

hey nashua, congratulations to u..even i received my interview call for BU. when is ur interview date? mine is 18th jan. anyone else on the same date.
kindly guide as to what preparations are needed for the interview..any idea of how many seats that are still left..

hi thank you very much mine is on the feb 8th which is freaking me out dont know why such a long gap but hey when did u apply???:confused:

Hi friends,
CONGRATULATIONS to all those who made it.:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: .Hey PERAV & OLDMIRAGE, I too have my interview on jan 18th.''ALL THE BEST" guys.:thumbup: If any one of you is a girl & willing to share accomidation please do PM me.Do you have any information about "BU INTL HOSTEL''?

hey ambitious

hows life these days? i have a question-just wanted to know if we have to send the acceptance letter with the deposit at this point of time or do we have to send the data form too along with it. waiting for the reply.:)

Hi Minali

I know I have not been asked the query, but, since I just cleared the same from Laura a couple of days ago I thought I'd post it here:)

You don't need to include the International Data form with the acceptance letter and cheque, but you shouldn't delay sending it. Thats what she said

:thumbup:
Cheers

hey luvmylife
thanks a lot. i appreciate ur response.:) :)

hey ambitious

hows life these days? i have a question-just wanted to know if we have to send the acceptance letter with the deposit at this point of time or do we have to send the data form too along with it. waiting for the reply.:)

Hi Minali,
life is pretty cool these days.Luvmylife is correct.You dont have to send the data form with the acceptance letter and deposit right now but you have to send all those additional stuffs(like data form,passport copy,letter of sponsorship,copy of your visa stamp...).So try to send those as soon as possible.All the best.:thumbup:

thank you ambitious. i will do that as soon as posibble.:)

I was thinking of starting a yahoo/google group for those attending BU next fall. You are welcome to join it and leave it if you have acceptance from some other school. This is just so we can discuss/ suggest on issues relating to moving to Boston or attending BU, including housing, room-mates, immunization, loans etc. What do you all think?
Whoever is attending BU add your name to this list:
smile designer
rodent
richa sharma
drarch
samba
apli
dr_soms
shlo
ambitious
sumanreddivari
minali
luvmylife
lkdental
asg
oralsurgeon
chinna4g
g3k

This would also be helpful for those still wanting to know how many have been accepted.

its a wonderful idea. i would like to join

its a wonderful idea. i would like to join

This is the group I created, open only to members:
[email protected]
Email to this id : [email protected] and I will invite you to join the group
Also, we can have a co-moderator, just in case.
What do you guys think?

Edit: I no longer belong to this group :( . Please contact Oralsurgeon/ shlo for further information. Also please allow one or two days for activating your id. I am sure oralsurgeon and shlo have other things to do too. :D

hey g3k....very good idea......i am going to subscribe today...i was thinking about the same idea..it will definitely help everybody!!!!!

shlo, rodent:
If you would like to subscribe to the group:
1. visit
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BUGSDMD2009/join
-OR-
2. send email to [email protected]

I haven't gotten any of your emails. Can you please resend it? :)
Glad you think of this as a good idea.

EDIT : Please add your sdn id when you ask for approval so that I know who I am approving to join. :)

I was thinking of starting a yahoo/google group for those attending BU next fall. You are welcome to join it and leave it if you have acceptance from some other school. This is just so we can discuss/ suggest on issues relating to moving to Boston or attending BU, including housing, room-mates, immunization, loans etc. What do you all think?
Whoever is attending BU add your name to this list:
smile designer
rodent
richa sharma
drarch
samba
apli
dr_soms
shlo
ambitious
sumanreddivari
minali
luvmylife
lkdental
asg
oralsurgeon
chinna4g
g3k

This would also be helpful for those still wanting to know how many have been accepted.

Hey guys just to keep this list goin.....add our names to this...
manipal99
well i have another fren who is not active on SDN like me:)
But I guess we definitely missed some valuable information...
see ya all in aug!!!

smile designer
rodent
richa sharma
drarch
samba
apli
dr_soms
shlo
ambitious
sumanreddivari
minali
luvmylife
lkdental
asg
oralsurgeon
chinna4g
g3k
manipal99

smile designer
rodent
richa sharma
drarch
samba
apli
dr_soms
shlo
ambitious
sumanreddivari
minali
luvmylife
lkdental
asg
oralsurgeon
chinna4g
g3k
manipal99

Plus:

upenn
nashua
oldmirage

and another 2 that I have heard they got it.
Probably the number is close to 35.
All the best to everybody!

hey guys,
first of all let me congratulate those alive here for making this thread the most happening n hilarious thread around:) ..... i wish interactions go on just like this..... i am filling out my application for BU .....i am kinda confused regarding fullfilling experience question ,....

u guys r already accepted at BU n m sure even alot of candidate here had the same ?? too, so can someone plz throw some light on this question.....i vagely remember a discussion on this, but can't find it right now,... so if any one can direct me accordingly would be highly appreciated.....

ur wanna be classsmate

odontoblast

hey guys,
first of all let me congratulate those alive here for making this thread the most happening n hilarious thread around:) ..... i wish interactions go on just like this..... i am filling out my application for BU .....i am kinda confused regarding fullfilling experience question ,....

u guys r already accepted at BU n m sure even alot of candidate here had the same ?? too, so can someone plz throw some light on this question.....i vagely remember a discussion on this, but can't find it right now,... so if any one can direct me accordingly would be highly appreciated.....

ur wanna be classsmate

odontoblast

Write about something that made you love dentistry or that you contributed to this field in every small way possible. It is your story, so, make it your's. After you write it ask someone in your family to edit it and make sure it sounds good before you send it in.
Good Luck!
P.S. What do you mean by: ur wanna be classmate?

it means he too wants to be accepted in bu this year .:)

thanx g3k for a prompt reply......n as walnut rightly said even i too want to be accepted to BU this year...... any re-applicant here who got accepted ??....

guys did you send a notarized copy of your transcript or just a copy? :)

thanks perav.:)

Guys I have declined my admission offer at BU..personal reasons.nothing wrong with the school or its AS program tough.tht makes a seat available for one of you waiting. I thought i shld let u all know about this.
Good Luck to all!

Dear friends,

I attended BU interview today afternoon.
Out of 11, only 9 attended the interveiwed.

Guyz who attended on Nov 30th? if u get admission decision! plz post reply.

Good luck to all.

hi guys

one of my batchmates from nov.30 batch got her acceptance yesterday.

i got my acceptance letter today, was interviewed on nov 30.
whishing th every best for guys who r waiting for their acceptance

congrats drprashanth,
please post u r stats . so that we can have an idea.

hi prashanth,
congratulations.its good to hear u made it.

CONGRATS drprashanth.You made it.:clap: :clap: :clap: party time.enjoy.:hardy: :hardy:

hey drprashanth,

heartiest congratulations!!

what is your part 1 score?

rashmi

hey prashanth,
good to know u got in congrats :thumbup: