Boston Acceptance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi Trismus: Welcome!!! Join our Yahoo group, there are some people going through the same issues about I-20 there....

Members don't see this ad.

Hey friends,very happy to post my Boston Acceptance:banana::banana::banana:
waited so long for the banana dance so going for more:banana::banana::banana:
my stats are
part 1 -89 (new)
part 2 -82 (score not been sent though)
GPA - 3.12 (ece)
Toefl - 250
work exp - 6 months (india) none in US
Applied - august 07
School Interviewed - BU,NYU
School yet to hear from - UMDNJ,Temple
School Accepted - BU
Thank you very much SDN members for the support and information...

my stats are
part 1 -89 (new)
GPA - 3.12 (ece)
Toefl - 250
Applied - august 07
School Accepted - BU
very very hearty congratulations mr wisdom tooth, it's really agreat news so relax now , god bless

Members don't see this ad :)
congratulations on your acceptance.

my stats are
part 1 -89 (new)
GPA - 3.12 (ece)
Toefl - 250
Applied - august 07
School Accepted - BU

Thanks elto...
thats pretty much gives all the information i needed.. :)

hey i will also be joining BU this august
my stats are

part1 90
part 2 88
toefl 114
gpa 3.3

Interviewed at UIC, Tufts, BU
Accepted UIC, Tufts, BU
School chosen BU

looking forward to meeting all my classmates in fall!

hey guys am so excitd to write in this thread :)
got my acceptance by regular mail today
So i guess i finally get to do d banana dance wid everybody who's acceptd
:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

n gudluk to everybody who's waitin !!!

hi,
congratulations on your acceptance can u share your stats and on which day was your interview?

hey guys am so excitd to write in this thread :)
got my acceptance by regular mail today
So i guess i finally get to do d banana dance wid everybody who's acceptd
:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

n gudluk to everybody who's waitin !!!

thnx connaught...
ws interviewed at BU on Nov. 8

my stats r -

part 1 - 89 (old pattern)
toefl ibt - 112
gpa - 3.69

hi
did anybody else from jan 24th batch got acceptance from boston recently?
please post your acceptance

I am so happy to post my acceptance today after such a long time

Thanks to all my sdn friends for help and support

I am so happy to post my acceptance today after such a long time

Thanks to all my sdn friends for help and support
dear alka
hearty congratulations to you on your acceptance. May God bless

Members don't see this ad :)
hey alka,congratulations on ur acceptance...i was there on 24th interview too...

hello friends.....after such a long nd agonizing wait i am so happy to post in this thread.......i got acceptance from boston.

i was interviewed on 24th oct

congrats Dr.G.. i knew u r going to make it this time.. m very happy for u celebration time..:clap::clap::clap:
time for a banana dance too
ll:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

hello friends.....after such a long nd agonizing wait i am so happy to post in this thread.......i got acceptance from boston.

i was interviewed on 24th oct

hi Dr g
congratulations
good luck

Hi everyone,
I am really happy to be posting in this thread. I got accepted at BU.
NBDE Part I / Part II - 90(new format) / not taken.
Toefl - 297(cbt)
GPA - 3.43
Work experience - 1 1/2 yrs in India, volunteering in a clinic in USA since 6 months.
Really eager to meet all my classmates and Best of Luck to everyone waiting.

Hey guys,
I had a question. I am currently on EAD. so do I have to fill out the International student data form and send the financial declaration. I am really confused coz it says its only for student visas but when i called up Toby, he said i have to send it. Any help appreciated. Thanks.

Hey guys,
I had a question. I am currently on EAD. so do I have to fill out the International student data form and send the financial declaration. I am really confused coz it says its only for student visas but when i called up Toby, he said i have to send it. Any help appreciated. Thanks.
Hi
COngrats on your acceptance.
I had the same problem.However I did not send the student visa form.He said I could send it later if required.But I dont think that would be required if you have a residency or EAD status in the US.Just send in your confirmation and deposit right now.

congrats Dr G!!

hi guys
i appeared on 17th jan my interview was taken by dr. ashayeri!!
finally after an agonizing wait got acceptance last week
...my score
nbde part-1 90
ibt-- 110
gpa--3.81
no experience!!!
finally my dream comes true and i do the banana dance too!
here i come...:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:
bye and all the best guys who are waiting......

Hi
Hi chiclovedoc did you also get accepted to BU? when were you interviewed?:)

hey guys...

finally i received the acceptance letter from boston today.......
nbde part 1 - 92
gpa- 3.95
toefl - 297

was interviewed by dr. ashayeri...

by the way is anyone from toronto.....

hey guys...

finally i received the acceptance letter from boston today.......
nbde part 1 - 92
gpa- 3.95
toefl - 297

was interviewed by dr. ashayeri...

by the way is anyone from toronto.....

congrats my friend... I am so happy for you, finally the days of adversity are gone, and the better future is in sight...

Too bad LLU is not walking distance from BU :) but what matters is that we are both in!

:hardy: :hardy: :hardy: :hardy: :hardy: :hardy: :hardy:

congrats my friend... I am so happy for you, finally the days of adversity are gone, and the better future is in sight...

Too bad LLU is not walking distance from BU :) but what matters is that we are both in!

:hardy: :hardy: :hardy: :hardy: :hardy: :hardy: :hardy:

Thank you for the nice words Samy.

But I will be visiting you in the winters for sure to enjoy the nice californian weadr with you. So be prepared and do consider ur self warned. :smuggrin: :laugh:

I am also glad that we both made it in this year. Cheers to dat !

hi i got the same email.....i was interviewed on 18 oct.....still waiting:)

did you recive that email the next day of your interview or after..please tell me
I'am also waiting for an answer

bye and luck
MCR

hey
i am interviewing on the 25th of feb .
i would like some help with the interview questions.
and how much time do they take to reply back to the interview confirming the accepatance or rejection .
after the acceptance , can i finish the admission formalities from california itself or is there a need to get back to boston for any
reason ?
thanks n regard s

serena

Hi! serenarulz,
no body can predict the time frame for getting response, some got in few days some in months, so its not sure. well rejection letters r usually sent some where in april/may.
Good luck
hey
i am interviewing on the 25th of feb .
i would like some help with the interview questions.
and how much time do they take to reply back to the interview confirming the accepatance or rejection .
after the acceptance , can i finish the admission formalities from california itself or is there a need to get back to boston for any
reason ?
thanks n regard s

serena

Hi!
Did any one from feb 7th batch get any response? I know u guys dont like posting in the forum, plz do pm me.:)
Doctor. tooth I hope u had a nice trip and plz send the pics.
bye

got accepted at BU and declining.

Hi!
Did any one from feb 7th batch get any response? I know u guys dont like posting in the forum, plz do pm me.:)
Doctor. tooth I hope u had a nice trip and plz send the pics.
bye
hey suv,r u from canada??

hey,
did anyone from 14th feb batch got accepted??????? hi kasak in which batch u were in?

hi everyone ..
i had some confusions .. am interviewing on the 25th and
can anyone tell me
1) how much time does it take to get an acceptance after the interview ..
2)after the acceptance , how long do i have to b in the usa , to finish formalities , when can i go back to india
3)approximately , how long is the whole procedure ...
4)i have to get back to india soon and my highly confused at the earliest , when can that be

can anyone please help me out ?

hi everyone ..
i had some confusions .. am interviewing on the 25th and
can anyone tell me
1) how much time does it take to get an acceptance after the interview ..
2)after the acceptance , how long do i have to b in the usa , to finish formalities , when can i go back to india
3)approximately , how long is the whole procedure ...
4)i have to get back to india soon and my highly confused at the earliest , when can that be

can anyone please help me out ?

The time taken to receive the acceptance varies.You might get it the next week or they might send it a bit later.There have been a few who were interviewed in Oct/Nov and received acceptance this month.
After acceptance you have to make sure that your immunizations are up to date.Esp. in case of Hepatitis B where you might take around 6 months to complete all the three shots.With your acceptance you will get the form for confirmation where your signature is required and information about the deposit.The invoice for the tuition comes in May and tuition is due in July.
You will have to decide how to plan a trip in between.

hey everyone
i should be happy but im confused
i have been accepted in both BU and UMN
have already given 8000$ deposit to UMN and now i hear im accepted at BU
im so confused what to do????????

hey everyone

hi,,I heard that boston is the paradise for students...
nice weather,,,and delicious lobster... and the tuition fee is kinda lower than umn..
take everything into consideration...

hi as rightly said take everything into consideration..i was interview in bu few weeks ago..bu has lot many advantages but as far as patients are concerned its very low..very less clinical exposure as we wr told we r not given any posterior rct patients n no ortho pt n nothing abt implants..u get only 10 patients in total in 2 yrs..n if patients does'nt turn up or he/she has economical reasons than thats ur bad luck..they r tryin their best to get pts as the director said they hav even decreased the cost of treatment and another dental school within one mile of distance makes it worse. so do ur homework on both the schools n then decide..good luck

hey everyone
hi hellorose,

Can u please tell me...when u were interviewed? when did u get the acceptance?

hi as rightly said take everything into consideration..i was interview in bu few weeks ago..bu has lot many advantages but as far as patients are concerned its very low..very less clinical exposure as we wr told we r not given any posterior rct patients n no ortho pt n nothing abt implants..u get only 10 patients in total in 2 yrs..n if patients does'nt turn up or he/she has economical reasons than thats ur bad luck..they r tryin their best to get pts as the director said they hav even decreased the cost of treatment and another dental school within one mile of distance makes it worse. so do ur homework on both the schools n then decide..good luck

But accroding to what I heard, the patients of BU now are not that limited. One student said that they could get about at least 5 patients even within one week. So what is the true situation may need be clarified by someone who really know it. Please input what you know.
Thanks

any day UMN would be the choice over BU.... coz of the clinical exp..... and abt the low fees and all... fees shudnt matter when u r goin for a loan which any how wud cover these costs.... moreover bcoz of less no of students per batch u wud have more of personal attention too... BU has its own advantages but when it comes to clinical exp it goes on the back foot... many present students are facing problems with the no of patients but at last they do manage to get the required numbers to graduate.. whereas in UMN u wud get it in plenty.. so when u have this option I suggest u to go for it... best of luck.

Well Sonu_ms is absolutely right. There is not even 0.01 % doubt that UMN is anyday better than BU. At the end of the course what you need is clinical expertise which comes only by working on patients and not just on typhodonts. Just dont worry,you have paid your money at the right place. All the best.

UMN is very competitive to get in. Its good that u secured the position. So Undoubtedly there must be something really good about this college.

hello friends
i really appreciate all the suggestions and advice im getting from u all
clinical exp is imp but for foreign dentists like us who have already worked on so many pts it shouldnt be that bad...my main concern is the price difference
the cost of umn is almost 50k more....
isnt it imp too

hello friends
i really appreciate all the suggestions and advice im getting from u all
clinical exp is imp but for foreign dentists like us who have already worked on so many pts it shouldnt be that bad...my main concern is the price difference
the cost of umn is almost 50k more....
isnt it imp too

A dentist has an ability to make 50 K in 3 months, ... more clinical exposure means more confidence to accept complicated cases and ultimately more patient base.....Just a suggestion.

You decide...

Good luck with your decision