Boston Acceptance for 2009

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fauchard

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got my acceptance via email today from BU. I was interviewed on oct 23.
I am very happy!!!!!!!!!!.

Stats- NBDE part 1 92/ TOEFL 110/ GPA 3.5

Members don't see this ad.

congrates..when did you apply?

congrats , wooow thar was really a quick reply ,you were interviewed yesterday and got ur acceptance today, awesome!:thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
I applied in the middle of august

hey fauchard congratulations!!!!!!!!! thats really awesome.... cud you please tel us if you have any work experience. also what kind of questions were you asked in the interview. now that u've been accepted please help out the rest of us....

hey fauchard congrats...:thumbup: ur stats r also very good....could u plz post ur interview ex..how did u find the dental school...clinics....it'll be of grt help to all of us....waiting

Inteview was personal. They didn't ask me any technical questions. Some of the questions they asked me - What I have been doing after comming to the United States, my future goals, why BU, about my family,etc.If you know of some students who are preivious graduate from the Advanced Standing program, do mention their names.
BU is an excellent school, short and well defined program, they prepare you really well for the NERB. About the patient pool - some say its decent and some students say its inadequate.

Hope this helps and Best of Luck!!

Inteview was personal. They didn't ask me any technical questions. Some of the questions they asked me - What I have been doing after comming to the United States, my future goals, why BU, about my family,etc.If you know of some students who are preivious graduate from the Advanced Standing program, do mention their names.
BU is an excellent school, short and well defined program, they prepare you really well for the NERB. About the patient pool - some say its decent and some students say its inadequate.

Thanks! for the info.

hey thanx for the information!!!!once again congrats!!!!

First of all Congratulations for BU acceptance!!!!!!!:soexcited::clap::banana:

Please tell us..How many students were interviewed? what was the score ranges?

Any body else got acceptance or not? And what were the questons and what to bring with us?

Please...Thank you!!!!!!!!:confused::help:

Its been a long time that i have written in SDN,i forgot my user ID too, i created a new account :); i see many people asking questions about BU, i have completed my program in '06 later on i went on to work for a year and now currently i am doing my GPR, school and program is good and short....but the clinical exposure am bit skeptical about it :rolleyes:,if you have any other school options think about it ,just do not go blindly,if you don't have any options well...go for it no one would like to waste a year.

Interview is quite formal just be relaxed and be yourself,if anyone has anyother questions iam happy to help.

hey fauchard congrats...:thumbup: ur stats r also very good....could u plz post ur interview ex..how did u find the dental school...clinics....it'll be of grt help to all of us....waiting

hey refresh,
thanx for ur feedback....
am kind of a fresh grad...no work ex..very limited options...just 2 interviews..BU and UMN...am not sure of my chances at either..
my ques is that is it very diff to adapt into the real world cmin out of BU...? getting jobs? paying loans?....but they also prepare u for licensing xams? does it help?...

Its been a long time that i have written in SDN,i forgot my user ID too, i created a new account :); i see many people asking questions about BU, i have completed my program in '06 later on i went on to work for a year and now currently i am doing my GPR, school and program is good and short....but the clinical exposure am bit skeptical about it :rolleyes:,if you have any other school options think about it ,just do not go blindly,if you don't have any options well...go for it no one would like to waste a year.

Interview is quite formal just be relaxed and be yourself,if anyone has anyother questions iam happy to help.

Members don't see this ad :)
dr mangalore,

as i have mentioned if you don't have any options then go for it, evryone who passed out of BU have got jobs,there is nothing like you did it from BU you will not get jobs,but what i meant to say was you spend much of your time in pre-clinicals as compared to clinicals.....the exposure you get in clinicals compared to other schools is less....again it is my thought and opinion.....if you have anyother schools which have accepted you think before you leave...do a thorough study like what are your options and priorities......when FTD's are investing such a huge amount we also need to think that we should be benefitted by the program.

R

hey refresh,
thanx for ur feedback....
am kind of a fresh grad...no work ex..very limited options...just 2 interviews..BU and UMN...am not sure of my chances at either..
my ques is that is it very diff to adapt into the real world cmin out of BU...? getting jobs? paying loans?....but they also prepare u for licensing xams? does it help?...

I am currently an AS student at BU. Regarding the clinical exposure and pt's you will have problems in most of the schools. The good thing about the program is that it's 22 months duration ( I guess the shortest amongst all ) and it's comparatively cheap and their preparation is well directed towards NERB.

hey, ya i do agree wid that....thanx for the response.....:thumbup:
dr mangalore,

as i have mentioned if you don't have any options then go for it, evryone who passed out of BU have got jobs,there is nothing like you did it from BU you will not get jobs,but what i meant to say was you spend much of your time in pre-clinicals as compared to clinicals.....the exposure you get in clinicals compared to other schools is less....again it is my thought and opinion.....if you have anyother schools which have accepted you think before you leave...do a thorough study like what are your options and priorities......when FTD's are investing such a huge amount we also need to think that we should be benefitted by the program.

R

hey xerostomia,
just had a ques.....Which all states accept NERB....
I am currently an AS student at BU. Regarding the clinical exposure and pt's you will have problems in most of the schools. The good thing about the program is that it's 22 months duration ( I guess the shortest amongst all ) and it's comparatively cheap and their preparation is well directed towards NERB.

hi Fauchard............
cd u please tell me wat deadline did they give u to confirm ur willingness to join the program........
kindly reply

Hello......
I am very curious to know that anybody else got the acceptance?

I have an interview on 13th november and I am worried as I have vey less score.. 85
I have part 2 80 and toefl 105..GPA 3.64..

I am very worried ? Please let me know anybody got the acceptance?:scared:

I had my interview at BU on 10-30. It was a general interview. The interviewers and the co-ordinators were good and put us at ease. The agenda for the day was as follows: General Introduction + School Tour + Program Director's intro lecture + Lunch + Personal interview + Housing + Financial information.
The personal interview was very general and involved questions that are not uncommonly asked in any interview. Ex: About your school, work experience, US experience if any, family, GPA and other general topics. It mostly depends on your SOP and/or CV.
There were about 10 candidates interviewed on that day. It was a good group of applicants and I enjoyed the experience.
The key is to stay calm and eat your breakfast (it is provided if you missed it). Overall, it was a great experience to me.

I am Still awaiting the magic call.
Good luck to others.

I had my interview at BU on 10-30. It was a general interview. The interviewers and the co-ordinators were good and put us at ease. The agenda for the day was as follows: General Introduction + School Tour + Program Director's intro lecture + Lunch + Personal interview + Housing + Financial information.
The personal interview was very general and involved questions that are not uncommonly asked in any interview. Ex: About your school, work experience, US experience if any, family, GPA and other general topics. It mostly depends on your SOP and/or CV.
There were about 10 candidates interviewed on that day. It was a good group of applicants and I enjoyed the experience.
The key is to stay calm and eat your breakfast (it is provided if you missed it). Overall, it was a great experience to me.

Good luck to others.
thanks a lot for the input..... all the best

hey,skabbaraju,
thank you very much for ur input.....do give us the good news when u get that magic call:thumbup:

Good luck to others.

Good luck to others.

Thank you for ur such nice description........
Please let us know when u get Magic Call:thumbup:

Also I have only 85 in part 1? can u tell us about score ranges? I worried as I have very less score...

Good luck to others.
Thankyou very much skabbaraju, good luck with the interview result.

Hi All,

Do you know how many seat are there 2009 term ?

Thanks

Hello......
I am very curious to know that anybody else got the acceptance?

I have an interview on 13th november and I am worried as I have vey less score.. 85
I have part 2 80 and toefl 105..GPA 3.64..

I am very worried ? Please let me know anybody got the acceptance?:scared:

hi
i also have 85 and 3.7 gpa
i didnt get even an interview call
so be positive
and wat experience do u have?????????
will appreciate ur reply

Congratulations! My interview is on 30th October. Can u please post your experience somewhere so that we can review. Thanks.
hey good luck buddy

i called bu and they said that interviews will continue until june
is that true

hey good luck buddy

i called bu and they said that interviews will continue until june
is that true
No idea about that. Usually, their interview process continues until March. If you have very good stats and credentials, they might call you as late as June or July. Most of the seats get filled up by Feb/March.

no idea about that. Usually, their interview process continues until march. If you have very good stats and credentials, they might call you as late as june or july. Most of the seats get filled up by feb/march.

hey how abt your score ......if you dont mind to share
i have 89 - 99 -3.5
i have improved my score to 101 in toefl
but its not submitted yet
and the bu authorities are not even replying me since 12 sep can it be becoz i am not eligible for their prpgram
thanks

no idea about that. Usually, their interview process continues until march. If you have very good stats and credentials, they might call you as late as june or july. Most of the seats get filled up by feb/march.
hey they are not replying me since one and half months
i think they are not counting on me. Not even know that my application is complete or not .....
do you know if they send some rjection letter or some thing
thanks

Thank you skabbaraju for sharing your experience. Good luck to you.

Good luck to others.

Last edited:
I got an email from BU today. they said those who have not heard after their files were completed, that means the files are still under review.
i dont believe you
why would they tell you abt others
if you dont mind can you paste that e mail in nxt post
thanks

i have 89 - 99 -3.5
and the bu authorities are not even replying me since 12 sep can it be becoz i am not eligible for their prpgram
thanks
You better update your TOEFL score asap. Good luck!

You better update your TOEFL score asap. Good luck!
yeah
you are right
they will probably get it in couple of days .....do you have any idea that how long they take to process it after they recieve the score... for my last score report they said tht it takes after mail reaches to the college it takes time to reach into the addmissions office ......and then they further take time to process it ........god so that took abt one month for my last score report.....then for this one it will take until mid of dec .........by that time i hope they are not done with processing of the application s

how abt you did you get your magic call
good luck

yeah
you are right
they will probably get it in couple of days .....do you have any idea that how long they take to process it after they recieve the score... for my last score report they said tht it takes after mail reaches to the college it takes time to reach into the addmissions office ......and then they further take time to process it ........god so that took abt one month for my last score report.....then for this one it will take until mid of dec .........by that time i hope they are not done with processing of the application s

how abt you did you get your magic call
good luck
No. I have not received anything so far.

i have 89 - 99 -3.5
thanks
Hi
you should not go for boston
your cradentials are very good. so u should try for other good schools. Yours scores and GPA are very good. So u will definetly get well reputed school. Boston is not for u

Can anyone plesae let me know the tution fees for Boston University?

Thanks

someone told me tht, if u get an interview call for boston, you are 99% accepted...their interviews are more of a formailities!
is that true?

thanks for appreciating my score but i tried for umn and they rejected me
the prob is that my application is very late so thats what can waste my one year .........and i dont want that ,i simply cant afford it
how abt you and your gpa
good luck

someone told me tht, if u get an interview call for boston, you are 99% accepted...their interviews are more of a formailities!
is that true?
no thats not true i know couple of people who were rejected after interview

:thumbup:Hello friends,
I got my acceptance letter from BU today. I am elated. Good luck to others waiting.

Cheers
:)
hi....
congrat's a tonn skabbaraju...
So, finally ur hard work and patience paid off.....:)
Did u get ur acceptance letter through postal mail or e-mail....

Congratulations skabbaraju, good luck in all ur future endeavours.