Bose - The forgotten hero

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Premedtomed said:
I am surprised at all this nonsense!

I tried to bring this thread on the track but reality is nobody wants to talk about the topic and everybody wants to shut the thread!!!!! :mad: ..... :(

Members don't see this ad :)
Btw yesterday I saw "Bose- The fogotten Hero" a fictionalized movie based on facts-- yeah, thats what movie title said.

Well the movie was total turnoff for me. It is not that movie is bad but my expectations were too high. Throughout the movie i felt the topic of such importance should have received better treatment.
I had been waiting to watch ths movie since its trailors were shown on TV. Though I am not big fan of Shyam Benegal's movie I thought perhaps he would come out better. When I entered the theatre I was very enthusiastic. For the first time the national anthem which played before every movie show in mumbai's theatres didnt look out of place. The atmosphere was built but from the very begining of movie I had this feeling that the movie is not upto the mark. but i patiently waited hoping that movie would get better as it progresses.

Attempts to bring some humor in the movie which i feel were totally unecessary were very annoying and sometimes plainly ludicrious. War sequences were totally frivolous.

Only saving grace for the movie is AR Rehman's music, cinematography and sceninc locations of central asia. Dr. Laxmi sehgal nee laxmi swaminathan was only an eye candy. Bose's meeting with hitler provoked waves of laughter in theatre.

I have never heard so many languages and accents in a single movie. there was urdu hindi bengali pushtu tamil italian german english russian and japanese. Accented english of japanese was very sweet.

But i would recommend u to watch movie as a dramatised documentary since. It would help u to know the netaji more if u dont know already.

Music of film is truly amazing especially song azadi, ekla chalo re and kadam kadam badhaye ja. I bought the music cassette it rocks man!!!! must have for Rehman fans...... there are 12 instrumental tracks in it......

HMMMMMMM....... :( I pretty much agree with u but movie is surely watchable ....its better than watching crazy sunny deol in job bole so nihal......where u hear nonsense dialogues like "no if no but only JUTT".....oh kiss my BUTT then........ :p thats typical sird movie.....
where did u see it??? I also saw it yesterday......

allergic2morons said:
HMMMMMMM....... :( I pretty much agree with u but movie is surely watchable ....its better than watching crazy sunny deol in job bole so nihal......where u hear nonsense dialogues like "no if no but only JUTT".....oh kiss my BUTT then........ :p thats typical sird movie.....
where did u see it??? I also saw it yesterday......

i saw it at R adlabs mulund. It cost me dearly 120 buck :( Actually i wanted to see a matinee show at regal far 30 bucks but somehow the plan didnt materialise. those 120 bucks sent my movie budget of month for a toss!!!!! anyway i managed to see star wars III.

I am waiting for Batman begins, hitch hikers guide to galaxy and parineets all realeasing sometime next month. Ru awaiting any movie?

shardul said:
I am waiting for Batman begins, hitch hikers guide to galaxy and parineets all realeasing sometime next month. Ru awaiting any movie?

Oh yeah the first two movies should be awesome

shardul said:
i saw it at R adlabs mulund. It cost me dearly 120 buck :( Actually i wanted to see a matinee show at regal far 30 bucks but somehow the plan didnt materialise. those 120 bucks sent my movie budget of month for a toss!!!!! anyway i managed to see star wars III.

:D thats why i keep aways from multiplexes. Ru from mulund???????????

shardul said:
I am looking forward to sequels of pirates of carribean :thumbup:
Also war of the worlds - a steven spielberg movie :thumbup: Btw i am spielberg fan.
In hindi movies ........nothing much to look forward to but i think i'll watch Parineeta and Taj Mahal. Have heard music of both of these movies? quite awesome!!!!! :thumbup:

allergic2morons said:
In hindi movies ........nothing much to look forward to but i think i'll watch Parineeta and Taj Mahal. Have heard music of both of these movies? quite awesome!!!!! :thumbup:

Yup taj mahal has awesome music. I would like to watch the movie. u know i love urdu very much! :p But can it beat mughal-e-azam?