Bose - The forgotten hero

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
DrGarfield said:
reading the last page of the thread reminds me of the Thread Title!!

Bose- the forgotten hero!! :laugh: :laugh: :smuggrin:

excactly
everybody forgot what this thread was all about
and it is appropriately named "Bose the forgotten hero" :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Members don't see this ad.

DrGarfield said:
I don´t gather any dust- but those who deserve respect, do so!!

Time Magazine ranks him the Star of the Millenium- and Times is not printed by Bombaiyaas- for gen. info!!

And you can refer to The ServiceGuys/Gals at Mcdonalds as anything they are known as- if not waiters!!
Who the hell cares about him being some asteroid of the century, cause I certainly don't. I feel sorry for you my friend, as you have been blinded by pseudoacting. The damage is irrepairable. There are many films out there in the world, and if you want to be satisfied with third class acting, then that is none of my business.

Make note, that I have never stooped to your level Garfield, by making a generalization on Bengalis. It is things like this that propagates stupidity and ignorance. I never made a personal attack on your culture Garfield, and you shouldn't have either.

Nimesh, I will sign a non-aggression pact. I don't like debating with people that don't have a full defence, it doesn't seem fair.

Many people don´t care about many things!! Some people in the village i was born don´t know Einstein. They don´t care if he was a big shot either!!!

Looks like i did hit where it hurt the most!
You don´t hav to be sorry for me- as i said- My dad never was!

Members don't see this ad :)
^ Who said I was sorry??? For a doctor in training, you don't seem to be very observant.

it was you who started Critisizing SRK and Bachchan without any provocation-
Take that Sharukh!!! No one, and I mean NO ONE, believes your crying skills in any of your scenes!! HAHAHAHA!!

Amitabh Bacchan is another example of an actor without any skills.

Learn to Respect the people who have achieved some great stature in your life! They are not going to get anything from your Respecting them- but may be you get some light!

I would even respect the Chaiwalla who is the most popular in the city for his Chay- and wouldn´t give a damn if someone from Norvey doesn´t like his Chay!

sunny123 said:
^ Who said I was sorry??? For a doctor in training, you don't seem to be very observant.

I feel sorry for you my friend, as you have been blinded by pseudoacting

I referred to this!

DrGarfield said:
it was you who started Critisizing SRK and Bachchan without any provocation-

Learn to Respect the people who have achieved some great stature in your life! They are not going to get anything from your Respecting them- but may be you get some light!

I would even respect the Chaiwalla who is the most popular in the city for his Chay- and wouldn´t give a damn if someone from Norvey doesn´t like his Chay!
Don't tell me to learn to respect people I don't even know, I respect whom I want, not by some imaginary person going to steam baths in Germany. My God, what have your parents been teaching you??? "but may be you get some light!" What does that mean??

ok guys
thanks for a great bengali v/s gujrati debate
we are indians after all and we should respect each other
so lets shake hands
shake2_sm_clr.gif

The two actors in question are not held in great stature in my eyes. There are more deserving people in this world that deserve that.

nimeshshingala said:
ok guys
thanks for a great bengali v/s gujrati debate
we are indians after all and we should respect each other
so lets shake hands
shake2_sm_clr.gif
Nimesh, I can see you are trying your best to end this debate (thank you :D ), but for some reason, Garfield keeps bringing up things to prolong the discussion.

Ok, I'll end it here.

I ws talkin bout respectin the Actors in question- not me!

Steam and Sauna are different things! if you Have to refer to it at all!

And i just remember someone sayin this
I have never stooped to your level Garfield, by making a generalization on Bengalis
And now what i hear is this-
My God, what have your parents been teaching you???
and about my Saunas!!!

You didn´t firstly realize your stooping abilities, may be!!

Ok Nimesh!

Peace!

Hello!! I never made a generalization about Gujratis as you did.

Members don't see this ad :)
Read the entire thing Garfield, leanr how to detect sarcasm in my tone of writing. There was nothing insulting about anything that I wrote to you.

sunny123 said:
Hello!! I never made a generalization about Gujratis as you did.

GREEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAT

The whole Gujarat will be indebted to you for your gentlemanly dialogues! you don´t Generalize- you just give insulting punches personally and to the parents!

Spare the pseudo aristrocracy- i did say peace!

^ Yes, I go after the person that insults me, not after the entire race (that is some wild thinking isn't it!!?) . Be greatful Garfield :D, I am not like you.

I am already thanking god for we are not alike!!

nimeshshingala said:
sunny
I didn't expect this from you man
first of all , you should not compare sharukh with satyajit ray as sharukh is an actor and satyajit ray is a director
secondly ,how can you say no one believes in his crying skills!!!!!
this guy has given the maximum number of hits in the recent times and has won numerous awards in india
you may not like him but there are millions in india who just love his acting skills,
so this was not a appropriate comment my friend
I like Shahrukh but he is such an over-actor....

Let's return to the title...and make peace......we all are a part of this forum...so lets agree to disagree and respect each other's opinion...and not gross out.

did you guys see what happens when you get carried away and get angry
too much glycogen is burned into glucose !!!!!
conserve some glycogen in the liver guys, anger is not good for your health
and mr garfield finds his sdn account on hold!!!!!!
well I hope he comes back a more peaceful person and
sunny!!! you too man, I thought you were the one who always kept yourself in control !!! but you too got carried away unneccasarily!!!
well I hope Dr Garfield remembers that he is from the state where the Great Mahatma Gandhi was born and he always preached non-violence
But I do hope that his account gets activated again because he is an interesting personality

Has his account been put on hold......oh...how do u know this Nimesh......

meetlife said:
Has his account been put on hold......oh...how do u know this Nimesh......

well when I posted that message his account was red and it said it was on hold
but I guess they have re-activated his account now

this thread has lived up to its name I guess
BOSE- THE "FORGOTTEN HERO" :laugh: :laugh:
Everybody forgot that the thread was started to remember and respect "subhashchandra bose" but as in real life he was forgotten very quickly even in SDN India forum

nimeshshingala said:
this thread has live up to its name I guess
Everybody forgot that the thread was started to remember and respect "subhashchandra bose" but as in real life he was forgotten very quickly even in SDN India forum
:laugh: :laugh:
I dunno why we have become so intolerant towards each others opinions and ideas.

Phew...... I m back!!
I don know it was for this fight or for some absurdities i did in the Doctors´launge!
There people think i am re-incarnation of some guy called Kinetic who used to be very offensive!! :D

nimeshshingala said:
well I hope he comes back a more peaceful person.
But I do hope that his account gets activated again because he is an interesting personality

Well, thanks for the good wishes buddy! I was gettin kinda overweight- needed to burn some Carb!!! he he!!!! :D :D

nimeshshingala said:
well I hope he comes back a more peaceful person and
sunny!!! you too man, I thought you were the one who always kept yourself in control !!! but you too got carried away unneccasarily!!!
well I hope Dr Garfield remembers that he is from the state where the Great Mahatma Gandhi was born and he always preached non-violence
You thought I wasn't in control :D ? This was all fun. Uncivil behaviour begins when gobor starts hitting the fan, and it most definitely did not happen here.
fan.gif

nimeshshingala said:

I think this thread was started due to recent rise in interest about Netaji following an upcoming hindi movie named "netaji subhashchandra bose". Am i correct premedtomed?

Well to me Netaji is unforgetable hero. he is the most popular freedom fighter after mahatmaji in india. Go to any town in india u would find at least a netaji road or netaji chowk same thing goes with mahatmaji. ( do indians lack creativity in naming streets? :p ) We even have medical colleges named after him in India. so netaji is very much a part of indian history. surely not a fogotten hero. Unfortunately this thread hasnt lived up to it original purpose. I think i am also partially responsible for it. i am sorry for it :( .

I dont know how many of u have really read about Netaji life and his struggle for indian independence. Sometime ago I had read this epic ficitionalized biography of Netaji called Mahnayak in marathi by a sahitya akademi award winning author vishwas patil. This book has been translated into many languages including english i'll recommend it for those who have forgotten netaji.

Taling about movie - I've already made up my mind to watch it. watch out for Sachin Khedekar who plays netaji's part in movie. He look very similiar to netaji. Also listen this song titled 'Azadi" from same movie. It really coool.

Finally has any one heard about Captain Laxmi Sehagal a indian doctor who went singapore 4 better career in medicine but ended up fighting britishers in burmese junngles in Rani jhansi regiment of azad hind fauj or free india army.

It still thrills me when i read about netaji appeal 2 masses " aap mujhe khoon do mein tumhe azadi doonga."

in_azad.gif

good comeback shardul!!

Ya- there is some monotony in indian street and Chowk names!! After India got independance- almost 27 places wanted to change the name of the city to Gandhinagar!!! but finally it was given to Gujarat´s planned capital near Ahmedabad!!

About Netaji- yes- almost all of us must have read something or other- I atleast have! not the one you mentioned- but what ever i could get my hands on!

The movie should be worth watching!
I think there has been a movie about the Captain Laxmi story sometime- i am not sure but i think the thing plays in the back of my mind- may be i just saw a documentary on the TV!

Isnt it really unfortunate that we still dont now what exactly happened to netaji on day of his crash. His death has been never cofirmed since his body wasnt found. Few years ago indian government brought to india so called ashes of netaji from japan. The ashes were japan so long because indian government wasnt clear about what happened to netaji. At three comission of enquiry were appointed to establish what exactly happened to netaji with no concrete conclusion. Still there are rumours of netaji surviving the crash and leading a hermits life in one of many holy cities of north or himalayas.

Another tragedy was that officers of free india army had to face trial in india for war against british.

DrGarfield said:
good comeback shardul!!

Ya- there is some monotony in indian street and Chowk names!! After India got independance- almost 27 places wanted to change the name of the city to Gandhinagar!!! but finally it was given to Gujarat´s planned capital near Ahmedabad!!

Really!!!!!!!! thats absurd, never knew about it
:D

Some say netaji survived the crash and he lived rest of his life in Japan/singapore in alias- as the friend nations won thw world war and if he stepped out he would be sentenced to death! And again there was no point in sacrificing life like that seeing it clearly around the end of the WW2 that British are going to free India anyways!

There was also one theory about some Sadhu in Himalaya´s called Kalimal Swami- who always stayed indoors and never showed his face to anyone- they say on his death, many items and documents related to the war were found on the site!

But this may as well be a Fantasy of someone!!

nimeshshingala said:

I am surprised at all this nonsense!

Premedtomed said:
I am surprised at all this nonsense!

Ya- the thing you started wavered waywards!!

U LIKE SRK?THE KKKKK.....KIRAN GUY? :laugh: :smuggrin: WHATZ SO GR8 ABOUT HIM? :eek: MOREOVER THIS FORUM IS SUPPOSED 2 B ABOUT SUBHASH BOSE NOT SRK!!!!
meetlife said:
I like Shahrukh but he is such an over-actor....

prady said:
U LIKE SRK?THE KKKKK.....KIRAN GUY? :laugh: :smuggrin: WHATZ SO GR8 ABOUT HIM? :eek: MOREOVER THIS FORUM IS SUPPOSED 2 B ABOUT SUBHASH BOSE NOT SRK!!!!
Thanks for informing me......

Best?...............Naseeruddin Shah -- Albert Pinto ko Gussa Kyun Ati hai
Amitabh Bacchan -- Black....................................Well my personal opinion.

I thought this thread is all about "Bose - The forgotten hero"

By chance entered India section after sometime and well this thread is totally messed up....I mean Bose and Indian films and SRK and Big B...hmmn....one big mess........ :laugh:

Whatever happened/happens Netaji Bose never got the recognition he so deserved.....really sad.

May be Rituparno Ghosh should make a bilingual film (keeping international audience in mind) on Netaji Bose and offer the lead role to SRK. How about it folks? :idea:

rahmed

prady said:
U LIKE SRK?THE KKKKK.....KIRAN GUY? :laugh: :smuggrin: WHATZ SO GR8 ABOUT HIM? :eek:

LOL.......... That style of him is quite popular with people in india. One of my friends used to mimic him......... then there was this guy called Kiran in our group (yes kiran is also male name) whom we regularly teased KKKKK...... kiran.

I dont know what the people (read SRK fans) will think about this but I really cant help share this strange incidence- whenever I see SRK photo it reminds me of Pomeranian dogs

hahahahahaha!u r so right!to me he looks more like a too little civilized chimpanzee!sorry SRK fans!no intentions 2 hurt u guys!thatz the way i feel about him!!!hehehe :smuggrin: :laugh:

allergic2morons said:
prady said:
U LIKE SRK?THE KKKKK.....KIRAN GUY? :laugh: :smuggrin: WHATZ SO GR8 ABOUT HIM? :eek:

LOL.......... That style of him is quite popular with people in india. One of my friends used to mimic him......... then there was this guy called Kiran in our group (yes kiran is also male name) whom we regularly teased KKKKK...... kiran.

I dont know what the people (read SRK fans) will think about this but I really cant help share this strange incidence- whenever I see SRK photo it reminds me of Pomeranian dogs

u r right, rahmed!!!!looks like everybody forgot the forgotten hero....just vanished into thin air!nobody seems 2 realise that!hello!do we have 2 remind everybody& everytime--ITZ ABOUT NETAJI SUBHASH CHANDRA BOSE!not about any srk/ bacchan saab!sorry again ,no offense ,guys!man,this thread is way, way wayward!
about the film,by the way, rahmed, do u think , a hyperactive chimpanzee,***** , just released from the jungle,like SRK will be able 2 do a sensetive character role of BOSE?well just asked!! :smuggrin:

rahmed said:
Best?...............Naseeruddin Shah -- Albert Pinto ko Gussa Kyun Ati hai
Amitabh Bacchan -- Black....................................Well my personal opinion.

I thought this thread is all about "Bose - The forgotten hero"

By chance entered India section after sometime and well this thread is totally messed up....I mean Bose and Indian films and SRK and Big B...hmmn....one big mess........ :laugh:

Whatever happened/happens Netaji Bose never got the recognition he so deserved.....really sad.

May be Rituparno Ghosh should make a bilingual film (keeping international audience in mind) on Netaji Bose and offer the lead role to SRK. How about it folks? :idea:

rahmed

This thread should now be Closed!! :p :laugh: :laugh:

prady said:
u r right, rahmed!!!!looks like everybody forgot the forgotten hero....just vanished into thin air!nobody seems 2 realise that!hello!do we have 2 remind everybody& everytime--ITZ ABOUT NETAJI SUBHASH CHANDRA BOSE!not about any srk/ bacchan saab!sorry again ,no offense ,guys!man,this thread is way, way wayward!
about the film,by the way, rahmed, do u think , a hyperactive chimpanzee,***** , just released from the jungle,like SRK will be able 2 do a sensetive character role of BOSE?well just asked!! :smuggrin:
Well......we all contributed towards the thread gone haywire.........

Based on what I have read making biographical films is quite a problem in India.

Sad , but then sometimes movies are more like a drama, making every attempt to glorify the hero.