Bose - The forgotten hero

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
P

Premedtomed

Any thoughts??

Members don't see this ad.

He's not forgotten in my family. He stood up against the British, sided with the Japanese during the second world war, and then escaped to Saigon.

subhash1.gif

Subhashchandra Bose??(Patriot)
t7_subhash.jpg

The man who started the Forward Block party and the fight against British with his own made Army- which he compiled in Japan, Singapore! I am in Germany these days- and as you may know- those were the days of the 2nd world war- and Hitler- however bad he was- but he helped Subhash Chandra Bose with the supplies of weapons and other ways- as in the world war they were against the Friend Nations- that included UK- so according to Chanakya´s policy of making a friend of Enimy´s enemy- Netaji went to get help from Japanese and German people- and he was doing all right- but in the mean time Nations used the Nuke and Germany and Japan lost the war- this broke his morale and finally he DOUBTFULLY died in a plane crash

JagdishChandra Bose?(Scientist)
JCBOSE.gif

The Great indian scientist who brought home the NObel by proving that the plants have life!!
He also had discovered Radio a long time before Marconi- but he neevr thought that so important a discovery- it having seemed too simple for him, running by laws of physics- that he never took a patent of it!

Members don't see this ad :)
sunny123 said:
He's not forgotten in my family. He stood up against the British, sided with the Japanese during the second world war, and then escaped to Saigon.

subhash1.gif

Also, hewas Bengali - that could explain why ;)

Garfield bhai, oon Subash Chandra Bose na bara maa poochto hato.

I am a gujarati too ;)

Premedtomed said:
Also, hewas Bengali - that could explain why ;)

Garfield bhai, oon Subash Chandra Bose na bara maa poochto hato.

I am a gujarati too ;)

So now you are satisfied that we don´t forget Any good Bose!!

I wonder how many of u know about this Bose
bose_paris1925smaller.jpg

shardul said:
I wonder how many of u know about this Bose
bose_paris1925smaller.jpg

Well, That´s the Satyendra Nath Bose- The Quantom Physics scientist of Pre-Freedom india- the one who worked with Einstein for some time!
DITTO!!

DrGarfield said:
Well, That´s the Satyendra Nath Bose- The Quantom Physics scientist of Pre-Freedom india- the one who worked with Einstein for some time!
DITTO!!
Bingo u got it!!!!!!!!

Anyone know who Megh Nad Saha is?

sunny123 said:
Anyone know who Megh Nad Saha is?

Well, I didn´t know but now i find out a lot about Meghnad Saha
mnsaha.jpg

He was a freedom fighter once-but being a scholar he then re-oriented himself to be a Scientist- again related to physics, quantom science and Einstein, He also did come to Germany- like Dr SN Bose, Subhashbabu, and ME!!!!! ;)

More about Meghnad Saha

^ Only Indian to be nominated twice for the Nobel Prize in physics.

how_bose_125x150.jpg

who is this guy in the photograph???? any guesses????

Members don't see this ad :)
shardul said:
how_bose_125x150.jpg

who is this guy in the photograph???? any guesses????

Well, commone!!!! We are not supposed to be knowing about EVERY BOSE on the face of the world- and especially the ones who are not even remotely related to medicine like this AMAR BOSE- Who is a Audio and Electronics business giant!!!!!

Bose

^ His stuff his too expensive for me, although the quality is top notch!

Great role models these people are!

How about Satyajit Ray - heard of him Sunny?

well, ofcourse- who doesn´t know that name- Sunny bein a bengali must be watchin Pather Panchali every night he feels Insomniaac!!

Premedtomed said:
Great role models these people are!

How about Satyajit Ray - heard of him Sunny?
The only Indian director to ever get an Oscar. Take that Sharukh!!! No one, and I mean NO ONE, believes your crying skills in any of your scenes!! HAHAHAHA!! :laugh:

First time I saw Pather Panchali, I was 3, and it was the saddest thing I ever saw. Yes, I cried :( .

sunny123 said:
The only Indian director to ever get an Oscar. Take that Sharukh!!! No one, and I mean NO ONE, believes your crying skills in any of your scenes!! HAHAHAHA!! :laugh:

First time I saw Pather Panchali, I was 3, and it was the saddest thing I ever saw. Yes, I cried :( .

Oh, it makes you cry??
I´m so happy i didn´t see it yet!! :laugh: :laugh:

Why all the award winners gotta make people Sad or Sick? why can´t anyone just make people Happy and get awards?? :confused:

^ Then watch Satyjait Ray's "Goopy Gyne, Bagha Byne", nice movie. Or, if you are into a detective-type movie, watch "Sonar Kella".

sunny123 said:

sunny
I didn't expect this from you man
first of all , you should not compare sharukh with satyajit ray as sharukh is an actor and satyajit ray is a director
secondly ,how can you say no one believes in his crying skills!!!!!
this guy has given the maximum number of hits in the recent times and has won numerous awards in india
you may not like him but there are millions in india who just love his acting skills,
so this was not a appropriate comment my friend

you cannot put chi square or t value without matching the groups!!!

sunny123 said:
^ Then watch Satyjait Ray's "Goopy Gyne, Bagha Byne", nice movie. Or, if you are into a detective-type movie, watch "Sonar Kella".

I beleive Ray made "Goopy Gyne...." for his son/ daughter who asked him why all his movies were so serious and requested him to make a childrens movie.
He turned out to be good in making childfriendly movies as well!

^ :laugh: Arre bhaisaab, I'm sure one day the Academy will award Sharukh with an Oscar, but it won't be anytime soon.

Sure the Academy is not really opened to Foreign films (there is one freakin spot on the ballot), but the Cannes Film festival is surely open. Did Shahrukh ever win anything? Nope. The saddest part was that they brough that horrible movie, Bansali's version of "Devdas", to screen there. I mean, in that movie alone Shahrukh cried at least two buckets worth of tears, but still no award. Yes, it is my opinion that people favour Mr. Khan in all aspects of his acting, but please look at it from a perspective of a non-bollywood viewer. My perspective is of an international-film viewer (I don't just watch N.American films). There are better actors out there, much better than Sharukh. Personally, Amir Khan has been the only actor who has done reasonably well in my eyes.

Look at Bengali Cinema: Robi Ghosh, Uttam Kumar, Saumitra Chatterjee, Utpal Dutta, Santosh Dutta ... these are all actors that are waaaaayy better than Sharukh (yes they are older actors, but actors nonetheless). Just because Sharukh is in Bollywood films and is known all over India, does not make him a better actor. The bollywood film awards that you speak has no bearing on my point of view whatsoever. The majority of films churned out in Bollywood are absolute garbage, even you cannot deny that part (how many of these films do you allow your child to see?). Bollywood is a business about quantity, NOT quality. Give me one movie with Sharukh Khan, that you think he displays his acting skills, and I will see it, and then get back to you. But for now, I stick with my point of view.

PS. I did not mention any actresses, not because I don't think females can act, but because we are talking about male actors.

I hear they are making a movie about Subhashbabu in Telugu!! with Vyankatesh acting in it!! OOOOOOOOOh now i get the title of this thread is inspired from it!!!!

But again- from the websites i find out that the movie has nothing to do with the life of the great hero in it- apart from the title!!! stupid movie makers some more!!

People in India- mostly don´t watch movies for evaluating the acting capabilities of any person in it- they watch them for Other Reasons- which are many and some even Basic!

You can not compare SRK with those you list from Bengal- because while SRK is so popular through the world- despite all his overacting melodramas- no one outside of Calcutta is aware about the names of the people you are talkin about!

It´s all about Success- much the less about the Abilities!!

If you think women can´t act- you must watch some of RamGopal Verma- Urmila Matondkar ones- Kaun, Bhoot, Ek hasina thi, and there are some more too!

do You know the name Tabu??

The reason behind thinking that women can´t act is usually you are not Watching them for Acting!

sunny123 said:
^ :laugh: Arre bhaisaab, I'm sure one day the Academy will award Sharukh with an Oscar, but it won't be anytime soon.

Sure the Academy is not really opened to Foreign films (there is one freakin spot on the ballot), but the Cannes Film festival is surely open. Did Shahrukh ever win anything? Nope. The saddest part was that they brough that horrible movie, Bansali's version of "Devdas", to screen there. I mean, in that movie alone Shahrukh cried at least two buckets worth of tears, but still no award. Yes, it is my opinion that people favour Mr. Khan in all aspects of his acting, but please look at it from a perspective of a non-bollywood viewer. My perspective is of an international-film viewer (I don't just watch N.American films). There are better actors out there, much better than Sharukh. Personally, Amir Khan has been the only actor who has done reasonably well in my eyes.

Look at Bengali Cinema: Robi Ghosh, Uttam Kumar, Saumitra Chatterjee, Utpal Dutta, Santosh Dutta ... these are all actors that are waaaaayy better than Sharukh (yes they are older actors, but actors nonetheless). Just because Sharukh is in Bollywood films and is known all over India, does not make him a better actor. The bollywood film awards that you speak has no bearing on my point of view whatsoever. The majority of films churned out in Bollywood are absolute garbage, even you cannot deny that part (how many of these films do you allow your child to see?). Bollywood is a business about quantity, NOT quality. Give me one movie with Sharukh Khan, that you think he displays his acting skills, and I will see it, and then get back to you. But for now, I stick with my point of view.

PS. I did not mention any actresses, not because I don't think females can act, but because we are talking about male actors.

WHEW!! thats a lot of pent up stuff!
I personally dont like Shahrukh- b coz he thinks hes the best thing to happen since sliced bread. However he did act OK in Swades... Are u upto checking it out Sunny? ;)

sunny123 said:

sunny
why would you consider "winning an oscar award" as the ultimate achievment in a actor's career
oscar is more for western audience, they don't understand the indian culture and the way things work in india
sharukh has also won national awards in india , now I know you would dismiss them as some "gobor" but they do mean a lot for an actor in india
you have to give credit to this man, he came from a non-filmi background with no dad or mom to back him up
and he made it big, he is not blessed with good looks either but through his sheer acting skills has won many people's heart
you are entitled for your opinion about him but you cannot say that nobody believes in his acting skills, he has millions of fans in India because people do admire his work in the movies(I can say that because almost all his movies have done good business)
and talking about the bengali actors you mentioned(Robi Ghosh, Uttam Kumar, Saumitra Chatterjee, Utpal Dutta, Santosh Dutta),
please tell me how many people in india know them besides people in bengal???
sharukh is popular all over india!!!!!
and Devdas is not the only movie he has acted in
he has done all kinds of roles including comedy, action etc etc
he has a great sence of timing and is full of energy
And I have seen how people go crazy when he goes abroad to do all those Stage Shows including here in toronto where they had to repeat his show last year because of popular vote
so buddy everybody has their opinions , you may not like him but there are millions who just adore him

^ Sure why not :D

People have been saying good things about it.

Ya- an Oscar or even Cannes can not be a measure stick for Indian movies or actors- both are totally different worlds unrecognizeable to each other!! Indian movies or actors can only be measured by what Indian awards and indian audience think about them!!

If indians start giving awards to the Hollywood- surely Jackie Chan will be awarded the best actor and Pamela Anderson the best actress- it´s all about relating the things to the right perspective!!!!

nimeshshingala said:
sunny
why would you consider "winning an oscar award" as the ultimate achievment in a actor's career
oscar is more for western audience, they don't understand the indian culture and the way things work in india
sharukh has also won national awards in india , now I know you would dismiss them as some "gobor" but they do mean a lot for an actor in india
you have to give credit to this man, he came from a non-filmi background with no dad or mom to back him up
and he made it big, he is not blessed with good looks either but through his sheer acting skills has won many people's heart
you are entitled for your opinion about him but you cannot say that nobody believes in his acting skills, he has millions of fans in India because people do admire his work in the movies(I can say that because almost all his movies have done good business)
and talking about the bengali actors you mentioned(Robi Ghosh, Uttam Kumar, Saumitra Chatterjee, Utpal Dutta, Santosh Dutta),
please tell me how many people in india know them besides people in bengal???
sharukh is popular all over india!!!!!
and Devdas is not the only movie he has acted in
he has done all kinds of roles including comedy, action etc etc
he has a great sence of timing and is full of energy
And I have seen how people go crazy when he goes abroad to do all those Stage Shows including here in toronto where they had to repeat his show last year because of popular vote
so buddy everybody has their opinions , you may not like him but there are millions who just adore him
Adoring him is one thing, but definitely not for his acting skills. Read my post again Nimesh, I even said that The Academy is geared towards Western audiences. I even gave you an outlet, the Cannes film festival, which IS for the international stage. You forgot to say something about that. You never answered whether or not Sharukh won anything.

Those "stage shows" you speak of are all just singing and dancing, where is the acting???? I have a paramedic friend who works at the ACC and SKydome, and she told what goes on there. People rushing the stage to be able to dance with Sharukh. Psshh, that is nothing I should be jumping for joy about. You see, I named great Bengali actors, and you didn't know any of them. Well obviously, because no one gives a damn, unless it is some mainstream Hindi film. Nimesh, if we are going to talk about great actors in India, please look at everyone. Amitabh Bacchan is another example of an actor without any skills. Let me name someone in Bollywood with skills (I already did, Amir Khan), but for your sake, I will say Naseeruddin Shah is a better actor. I mean, look at his acting in "Mirch Masala" and "Monsoon Wedding", very well done indeed.

Sure, I can't say nobody believes in his acting abilities, but there are a lot of people like myself who do believe in this.

DrGarfield said:
Ya- an Oscar or even Cannes can not be a measure stick for Indian movies or actors- both are totally different worlds unrecognizeable to each other!! Indian movies or actors can only be measured by what Indian awards and indian audience think about them!!

If indians start giving awards to the Hollywood- surely Jackie Chan will be awarded the best actor and Pamela Anderson the best actress- it´s all about relating the things to the right perspective!!!!

Again, Satyajit Ray has achieved success in the Cannes film festival, so you can't say that Indian films can't make it.

Films are universal, and should be. Not restricted to one segment of a population. Look at Akira Kurosawa's "Seven Samurai". A Japanese film that has become a cult classic! Used as a model in many Western films. SO again, there are many Western followers of Indian films, and appreciate the nuances of them.

Amitabh Bacchan is another example of an actor without any skills

:mad: Dont you dare speak a thing against Bachhan!! :mad:

^ Oh I will! Same goes for his son, the good for nothing boy who had an easy access to the film industry. Same goes for Hema Malini's daughter, Esha, another good for nothing actress.

as Oscar- As Cannes- They just accept the international movies to compete- but that does not change the mindframe of the people to judge them!

and talkin of international--

Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Gam- again of SRK- was on No. 3 at the German DVD sales- and mind you- not about Indians in Germany- IT was the German dubbed version of that movie!!

sunny123 said:
Adoring him is one thing, but definitely not for his acting skills. Read my post again Nimesh, I even said that The Academy is geared towards Western audiences. I even gave you an outlet, the Cannes film festival, which IS for the international stage. You forgot to say something about that. You never answered whether or not Sharukh won anything.

Those "stage shows" you speak of are all just singing and dancing, where is the acting???? I have a paramedic friend who works at the ACC and SKydome, and she told what goes on there. People rushing the stage to be able to dance with Sharukh. Psshh, that is nothing I should be jumping for joy about. You see, I named great Bengali actors, and you didn't know any of them. Well obviously, because no one gives a damn, unless it is some mainstream Hindi film. Nimesh, if we are going to talk about great actors in India, please look at everyone. Amitabh Bacchan is another example of an actor without any skills. Let me name someone in Bollywood with skills (I already did, Amir Khan), but for your sake, I will say Naseeruddin Shah is a better actor. I mean, look at his acting in "Mirch Masala" and "Monsoon Wedding", very well done indeed.

Sure, I can't say nobody believes in his acting abilities, but there are a lot of people like myself who do believe in this.

well sunny
everybody has their own perspective at looking things
you may find Aamir Khan as a very skillful actor , but personally I don't find him any attractive or talented
you talk about Amitabh Bachan as a very poor actor, fine, that's your opinion but people in India have given him a God like status
yes Naseeruddin Shah is one talented actor
I cannot comment on cannes festival because I don't know much about it
but as i mentioned earlier , everybody has their own opinions and we may "Agree to Disagree"

sunny123 said:
^ Oh I will! Same goes for his son, the good for nothing boy who had an easy access to the film industry. Same goes for Hema Malini's daughter, Esha, another good for nothing actress.

I care a damn about Abhishek or Esha- it´s their family business.

About Amitabh Bachhan- well wat do you want? He is the Most Popular person on the face of the world!!

If you want to see him act- have you seen-

Kaante
Ankhein
Boom
Aks-?????

If Amitabh is not an actor, Neither was Marlon Brando!

^ That movie was absolute trash. Just because something is selling, does not make it a worthwhile product. McDonald's is serving a couple billion worldwide, that doesn't make it good food.

The majority of Bollywood films portray families as a rich, powerful dynasty. I mean, who the hell actually lives like that? How many Indians do you know own a helicopter and use it to fly back and forth?? The majority of Indians are not like that, and the Bollywood industry has become nothing but an institution of propelling ideas of fantasy and unrealistic lives.

it´s a general Bengali trait to think tht

Only Bengalis can act or make movies
Only Bengalis make good sweets!!

Good- you´re good at it- but wake up to the world!!
You even don´t Deserve to comment of Amitabh Bachhan!!

DrGarfield said:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

DrGarfield said:
I care a damn about Abhishek or Esha- it´s their family business.

About Amitabh Bachhan- well wat do you want? He is the Most Popular person on the face of the world!!

If you want to see him act- have you seen-

Kaante
Ankhein
Boom
Aks-?????

If Amitabh is not an actor, Neither was Marlon Brando!
Why wouldn't you care about their kids getting a free ride in the business?? When an NRI wants to enter a medical school in India, everyone cries out "Injustice"!!!! Well, I am doing the same here.

And Nimesh, elevating Amitabh to a god-like status is of no concern to me, nor does it make me like him as an actor. Also, I don't give a damn about how good an actor looks. They good be the most unattractive person in this world, but if they have the ability to act, then that will shine through, moreso than what they look like.

sunny123 said:
^ That movie was absolute trash. Just because something is selling, does not make it a worthwhile product. McDonald's is serving a couple billion worldwide, that doesn't make it good food.

The majority of Bollywood films portray families as a rich, powerful dynasty. I mean, who the hell actually lives like that? How many Indians do you know own a helicopter and use it to fly back and forth?? The majority of Indians are not like that, and the Bollywood industry has become nothing but an institution of propelling ideas of fantasy and unrealistic lives.

So you don´t like things that are liked out of India
You don´t like things that are Not liked out of India

You don´t like things that are unrealistic
You don´t agree with the real facts of popularity

Make your mind!

DrGarfield said:

You assumed this Garfield, not I. If you actually knew me as a person, you would not make this assumption. But since you don't, keep thinking like this.

If any of you bothered to read my posts, you'd see how I was giving credit, to not only Bengalis, but to everyone else. But you seem to pick and choose what you read.

DrGarfield said:
So you don´t like things that are liked out of India
You don´t like things that are Not liked out of India

You don´t like things that are unrealistic
You don´t agree with the real facts of popularity

Make your mind!
My mind is made up, is yours?

sunny123 said:
Why wouldn't you care about their kids getting a free ride in the business?? When an NRI wants to enter a medical school in India, everyone cries out "Injustice"!!!! Well, I am doing the same here.

And Nimesh, elevating Amitabh to a god-like status is of no concern to me, nor does it make me like him as an actor. Also, I don't give a damn about how good an actor looks. They good be the most unattractive person in this world, but if they have the ability to act, then that will shine through, moreso than what they look like.

Ha ah-- I´m lovin this- Abhishek Bachhan and Medico NRI comparison!!!!
Well, as NRIs have Reserved seats and places in India- so do the actors´kids!!
If your dad had a million dollar business set up- wouldn´t you run the same? Now don be heroic and say- No- I would rather work as a waiter at McDonald!

Bachhan and SRK- You have to love them- a few try to say they hate them- but noone can sure Ignore them! You just think it´s Good to argue against Settled Terms!!!!

^ Who gave you the god-given right to praise and worship Amitabh alone?? Huh? Let Abhishek worship him, you don't have to collect the dust from his feet.

And McDonald's don't have waiters. They never did.

ok guys
good debate
before it snowballs into ugly fire i want you guys to declare peace
Peace.jpg

I don´t gather any dust- but those who deserve respect, do so!!

Time Magazine ranks him the Star of the Millenium- and Times is not printed by Bombaiyaas- for gen. info!!

And you can refer to The ServiceGuys/Gals at Mcdonalds as anything they are known as- if not waiters!!

reading the last page of the thread reminds me of the Thread Title!!

Bose- the forgotten hero!! :laugh: :laugh: :smuggrin: